Speck's SmartShell case works together with your Apple Smart Cover to provide full coverage of your iPad. Made from form-fitting hard plastic and just 1.2 mm thick, SmartShell delivers sleek, impact-resistant protection. Plus, the back of the case securely attaches to the magnet in your Smart Cover when fully opened.
- Specifically designed for iPad, the SmartShell is an ideal match for your Apple Smart Cover
- Wrap-around convenience—the SmartShell secures the Smart Cover in place when open, allowing it to lie fat from edge to spine
- Ultra-thin (1.2 mm), durable shell offers a solid protective layer
- Lightweight one-piece design is easy to snap on and off
- Cases for iPad are compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation); cases for iPad mini are compatible with all iPad mini models
Did you notice?SmartShell secures your Smart Cover in place when open by using the Smart Cover's magnet to attach to the SmartShell metal connector.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your iPad light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for iPad
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 0.65 in./1.65 cm
- Width: 5.7 in./14.48 cm
- Weight: 4.48 oz./127.01 g
- Length: 8 in./20.32 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A1912
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709000453
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic, Simple Robust piece of kit
I bought this case for my wife as i noticed a few faint scratches on the back of her white iPad mini.
Fits very well, very snug I bought this case for my wife as i noticed a few faint scratches on the back of her white iPad mini.
Fits very well, very snug and doesn't move around, at all. The fit between the case and the Smart Cover is also very neat and it gives a more secure feeling to the iPad mini as before it felt like you were holding something very, very delicate.
It does add a little more weight, but to be honest you don't notice it.
The additional magnetic strip on the back to hold the Smart Cover open is also a great idea and prevents the cover from flapping around.
I'm now going to buy the larger one for my own iPad. (wish i had bought them sooner) …
- Written by Marc B from Drogheda
22 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit with the new ipad mini with ratina?
- Asked by Worapong W from Oak Park
It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smart It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smartshell case for the retina version, but it says "coming soon", so I would think if they are releasing a case specifically for the retina version, I would imagine the original one isn't compatible. I have asked Speck if they know the release date for the new case but they don't know yet. …
- Answered by Julie B
Does this Speck Shell for the back of device fit the new iPad Mini with Retina?
- Asked by Gayle M from Marysville
No answers yet
Can the speck smart shell case stands upright with d smart case cover when folded
- Asked by Bakre O from Abeokuta
Can this be used while using a smart COVER?
- Asked by Heather E from Massapequa
yes it can, on the left side there is a blank spot just for the smart case.
- Answered by Eric M from Valrico
Can the speck smart shell be attached in conjunction with the logitech keyboard?
- Asked by Amanda W from Genesee
I don't believe so, I looked at the logitech keyboard in the apple store recently, and there is real I don't believe so, I looked at the logitech keyboard in the apple store recently, and there is really no room to have anything covering the back of the ipad so that it can still fit in the slot provided on the keyboard. …
- Answered by Amy M from League City