Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2395
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005236
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Speck 13' SmartShell Case
I've used this case since the first day that I bought my macbook which was almost a year from now. I've had no problems with it, a I've used this case since the first day that I bought my macbook which was almost a year from now. I've had no problems with it, and I thought that everything was perfect...until about 5 days ago I decided to take off the cover to see if there was any dust. I was expecting to find dust, NOT mold! These Speck cases are not compatible with the aluminum on Mac's. There are permanent markings and scribbled looking engravings from....I don't even know what, but it was definitely not from me. I looks like some type of acid reaction? There were also white spots all over (top and bottom), from the mold. I did some research and found that another person had the same problem as I have using the Speck Case. I thought that paying the $50 and putting this case on my computer would keep it from getting permanent markings and damage, but oh boy was I wrong! Now I have markings all over, and I'm super upset. Apple should not sell a product that is not compatible with their own. I would recommend getting just a traditional bag or pouch with a zip so your Mac can breathe, instead of buying this case. It's way cheaper and safer for your laptop. Who knows, maybe I am the only one experiencing this...but I know for sure that I'm not using my Speck case again! …
- Written by Mynue H from Green Bay
701 of 746 people found this useful
I spent around $50 for this case, I thought it would be the best for my new mac. Recently I discovered MOLD on the case and my lap I spent around $50 for this case, I thought it would be the best for my new mac. Recently I discovered MOLD on the case and my laptop! Not only was there mold, but some sort of reaction has left dents in my laptop! …
- Written by sumayyah B from houston
393 of 428 people found this useful
DO NOT GET THIS CASE!!
i've had this case for about 4 years now and i go to open it and what do i find? MOLD! But not any kind or mold, BLACK MOLD!! I en i've had this case for about 4 years now and i go to open it and what do i find? MOLD! But not any kind or mold, BLACK MOLD!! I ended up having to throw away my whole computer and case because the mold started seeping through my computer and it was in my screen. my computer was all messed up... so please listen to my advice when i say.... DO NOT GET THIS KIND OF CASE!!! …
- Written by Amanda B from Hallandale Beach
365 of 394 people found this useful
yes 40£ but it protects 1000£ so would you spend less to protect your mac? money saved on the wrong end of the stick.
- Written by Marc L from London
I got this case about 3 weeks ago when I brought my first macbook. It fits very well on my computer and feels great. I got it in b I got this case about 3 weeks ago when I brought my first macbook. It fits very well on my computer and feels great. I got it in black and you can actually still see the apple sign when it lights up. …
- Written by Alexis S from Columbus
Only lasts about 18 months
We bought 2 of these for our MacBooks and both of them have only lasted about 18 months. Both shell's have broken on the bottom se We bought 2 of these for our MacBooks and both of them have only lasted about 18 months. Both shell's have broken on the bottom section at the back corners near the hinge meaning the bottom section will no longer stay on. Given that both of them have broken in the exact same spot I would suggest there is a design flaw.
Granted the case has done a good job whilst it's been in place but we are extremely disappointing with the longevity of the product considering its a very expensive for a bit of plastic and a supposed premium product.
Apple told me to get in touch with Speck as they agreed there is an 'issue' with them but Speck said they are out of their warranty period. Speck told me "Two years is about the standard lifespan for a protective cover"
I cannot recommend this product and am very disappointed with the customer service shown by Speck …
- Written by Ryan W from Leicester
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
im i recommended to use something to cool down my laptop if I use a shell case
- Asked by Jean-laurent B
This case has holes where the fans are in the RMBP.
- Answered by Veronica L from Lincoln Park
Will this fit the latest 13" retina display macbook pro, the one with the haswell chip?
- Asked by Jake J
Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bot Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bottom. I haven't seen one on the older model but I may return it because its bugging me to have a slight creaking sound when I pick it up with one hand (when open) and I feel it slightly moving/detaching. It might be a good idea to keep it for the long term protection but the slight weight increase is noticeable when the Pros are so light now days. All that said, I can't imagine another brand would be better at this issue, it seems to be a function of this type of cover. …
- Answered by Chris H from Lehi