These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2401
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005298
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Like A Glove
I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect from simple scratches. The reason why i like this case is because its clear (see through) i like the look of the mac the way it is. I have also read that you need to watch out for hard cases because they can scratch your machine because dirt and debris can get in between your computer and the case. While some lint and small particles do get in there, all you gotta do is periodically take off the case and wipe down your computer. The case pops on and off with out damaging or scratching the computer. Overall i would defiantly recommend this product if your on the market for a slim sleek case for your new macbook pro retina 13 inch. …
- Written by keith C from coventry
127 of 132 people found this useful
Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case bu Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case but not the mac. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Darko P from Etobicoke
78 of 82 people found this useful
I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is so good on the eyes. Please get this if you have a macbook pro. …
- Written by Jennie U from Inglewood
79 of 85 people found this useful
After 1.5 years, I still love it!!
After 1.5 years and very heavy daily use, my SmartShell case is still going strong.. I only take my Macbook out once a month or s After 1.5 years and very heavy daily use, my SmartShell case is still going strong.. I only take my Macbook out once a month or so to just dry wipe it down. Macbook looks as good as the day I bought it.. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! …
- Written by Frank B from Bloomingdale
I completely disagree with all the negativity of this product
So i've seen a lot of people review this product and say how bad it is. I 100% disagree. I came to the product after watching the So i've seen a lot of people review this product and say how bad it is. I 100% disagree. I came to the product after watching the 'DetroitBorg' on YouTube review and honestly love the case. I'm a university student so need a hard shell that prevents all the minor scratches and bumbs from going onto the case and this has served me brilliantly! it is a bit on the dear side but its brilliant. Credit to the creators because they've honestly made the perfect case for a macbook - i don't think apple could do a better one themselves!
Have a nice day! :) …
- Written by Thomas F from Nuneaton
3 of 3 people found this useful
Broke within a week but then....
The case broke as soon as I put it on.... very shocking seeing how Speck normally has a pretty good quality.
Customer service The case broke as soon as I put it on.... very shocking seeing how Speck normally has a pretty good quality.
Customer service was very friendly and express mailed a new case out to me. 6 months later.. works great. I guess I just got the defective one out of the lot. …
- Written by Ken B from Utica
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
is this case also suitable for a macbook air 11" from mid 2012?
- Asked by Noa B
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener