These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2401
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005298
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Like A Glove
I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect from simple scratches. The reason why i like this case is because its clear (see through) i like the look of the mac the way it is. I have also read that you need to watch out for hard cases because they can scratch your machine because dirt and debris can get in between your computer and the case. While some lint and small particles do get in there, all you gotta do is periodically take off the case and wipe down your computer. The case pops on and off with out damaging or scratching the computer. Overall i would defiantly recommend this product if your on the market for a slim sleek case for your new macbook pro retina 13 inch. …
- Written by keith C from coventry
113 of 118 people found this useful
Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case bu Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case but not the mac. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Darko P from Etobicoke
65 of 69 people found this useful
I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is so good on the eyes. Please get this if you have a macbook pro. …
- Written by Jennie U from Inglewood
63 of 68 people found this useful
This product is amazing. It fits perfectly for the Macbook Pro with Retina. I would definitely recommend it.
- Written by Shalini V from WESTMEAD
Awful not worth the money.
These shells are good for a couple of months and then they start breaking. Kind of ridiculous for 50 bucks
- Written by Chelsey C from Stuart
Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch case... Disappointed
I bought this case online. I previously had a speck case on my macbook air 13 inch and was very satisfied of the quality and surpr I bought this case online. I previously had a speck case on my macbook air 13 inch and was very satisfied of the quality and surprised it lasted me a good 2 years. However, the SmartShell case I bought was not exactly what I expected. I really did enjoy the speck case for the first 5-6 days and then after that it started to get SO scratched and looked as if it was 4 years old. Also, I think that the normal NON smartshell cases are better and I would recommend getting a matte case, not a shiny case like this one. I picked the purple one, and returned it back. …
- Written by NISREEN C from Edmonton
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it fit a macbook pro 13" 2011? HELP HELP HELP
- Asked by Thanh D from Westminster
does it come in a size for macbook air 11"
- Asked by Chris S
- Answered by Arvin M from North Vancouver
does it come in a size for macbook air "13"
- Asked by Erin D from Baldivis
do speck smartshell case put scratch on laptop while yo taking off or putting back on
- Asked by Beant B from Mission
I have removed mine several times, and had no problems at all with scratching. You should be sure to I have removed mine several times, and had no problems at all with scratching. You should be sure to wipe the MBP outside, and inside the shell with a soft cloth to make sure no contaminants are present to mar the finish. …
- Answered by Kerry B from Walla Walla
Does anyone got mold under the shell?
- Asked by Cecile L
My wife and I have had these shells on our MBP''s for a fair time. Hers is red, at least 2 years, an My wife and I have had these shells on our MBP''s for a fair time. Hers is red, at least 2 years, and mine, a blue one, about a year and a half. neither machine has any growth of any kind under the shell. I suspect someone spilled liquid on, or sat the MBP in question in or on a wet area. Possibly they used it in a high humidity area. the shell isn't sealed, and has vent holes in the underside, so I would very much be surprised that there would mold, mildew or any other growths inside. Provided it wasn't used in the Amazon rain forest. …
- Answered by Kerry B from Walla Walla
Will this case show finger prints and oil marks? Is it also easy to clean?
- Asked by Jasmine G from Calgary
it's quite finger print proof
- Answered by Darren P