The Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 5 is a handsome hybrid case that provides one place for your iPhone and the contents of your wallet. This pocket-size book also protects your iPhone in two ways: the hard-back book cover shields against bumps and bruises, while the visual design disguises your wallet and phone.
Protection and access
Slip your driving licence, bank cards and a little cash into the right side of BookBook, then snap your iPhone 5 into the leather wrapped frame on the opposite side and you're ready to go.
A built-in ID window lets you show your drivers license without taking it out, plus an easy thumb-slide for those occasions when you do have to remove your ID. Vertical slots and one horizontal pocket hold debit/credit cards, cash and receipts.
- Pocket-size book marries a wallet and case for iPhone
- Genuine leather case is tailored to fit iPhone 5
- Snap-in frame allows edge-to-edge access to Retina display
- ID window with convenient thumb slide
- Three credit/debit card slots, an ID slot and one for cash/receipts
- Eliminates the need to carry a wallet
- Disguises your wallet and iPhone as a vintage, pocket-sized book
- Made with high-quality, genuine leather
- Hand distressed so no two are exactly alike
Did you notice?Hand distressing gives each BookBook case for iPhone a finish unlike any other.
Apple Recommends ForCarry everything in one place and protect it thanks to this combined wallet and case for iPhone 5.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Wallet
- Material: Leather
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1232
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002672
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Good product: well thought out
First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up and the weight closes it. It really bothered me.
-Very uncomfortable talking on the phone. Wasn't sure how anyone could hold the phone.
-No place for cash. It's too big and won't let it close on me.
Having the case for a month, I can say I like it!
-The wallet fully closes now whichever side I put it on.
-I learned that I needed to fold back the case with the credit cards and such sticking out. The case gave grip to the phone and now I feel uncomfortable without it.
-Still no place for cash, but I feel like it grew on me. I carry 3 credit cards, my license, and a couple receipts and it's more than enough.
Overall, I would recommend the case, but it does take getting a little use to. I'm the type of person that always forgets either his wallet or phone, and having two in one makes forgetting both much harder. It is a little thicker in my pocket, but I've gotten use to it, and I don't need to worry about having my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore!
A++ would recommend! …
- Written by ANTOINE P from Irvine
254 of 286 people found this useful
Review for all the Canucks out there
Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first tho Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first thoughts:
- The spine measures about 2cm wide, and the front/back measures 13cm x 7cm.
- As stated it has spots for 3 cards and your ID (or another card I suppose)
- Initial quality appears excellent, the comments about being able to smell the leather are true
- Yes, you can use both cameras with the case
- I have a black iPhone 5 with the brown case and it looks great, I have seen the black on black as well and it looks very sharp as well. Have not seen a white phone in this case.
- Yes you have access to all buttons / ports on the phone
- I like the idea of having my wallet and phone all-in-one
The "On the fence"
- I am still trying to get used to the size, it is bigger then the wallet I used to carry and is much bigger then just having a phone in your pocket. I wouldn't say you would carry this around in your front pocket of your jeans. (Wondering if overtime it will get worn in and be a little more compact).
- Holding cash, when you have say 10 bills, seems to be a bit of an issue, there is a place for cash behind the cards, but CDN money (different size then US) when folded in half still sticks out the edge and over part of the spine, and with 10 bills folded that way the case does not close well. If you are someone that rarely carries cash (or very little), then this is not an issue. I am still trying to figure out a good way to store more then 4 or 5 bills in it.
Like I said, this is just my initial thoughts, I will update in a month or so. …
- Written by Michael R from Regina
203 of 239 people found this useful
Twelve South does it again
I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the came I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the camera hole and the fact i can hold more cards is a plus. You can't go wrong if you get this. It eliminates the need for a phone case and a wallet. I have one on my MacBook air and my New iPad, awesome!!!!!! I get a lot of complements when people notice it. …
- Written by Jack H from ROSEVILLE
151 of 171 people found this useful
so difficult to type words!
this is so dame expensive but when you using it, you couldn't type using both hands! only right hand!
- Written by Jet F from Hk
3 of 4 people found this useful
Form over function
Anyone looking into this case should know one important con! There is a significant loss in cellular signal strength if you attemp Anyone looking into this case should know one important con! There is a significant loss in cellular signal strength if you attempt to talk on the phone with this case. If you have five bars where you live, then disregard this, but I often have to remove the case (a cumbersome process) to have a decent quality phone conversation in my house. Now I love the looks of the 12South cases - I had the BookBook 4 for my IPhone 4s, and I bought this 5s case too. Now, I spend more time online and texting than I do on the phone, but anyone who does do a lot of talking should be wary of the case's drawbacks. Other than the reception issue, this design has some big plusses - RFID chips (like your subway card or your ID) can be read through the front or the back of the case, which makes swiping onto public transportation a snap. The simplest convenience of all is having your necessary cards, your cash, and your iPhone all in one easily accessible place. Three stars, of five. …
- Written by Michael W from Mequon
2 of 2 people found this useful
I wanted to like this so much..
But sadly after two from the Apple shop and a replacement direct from Twelve South all have failed with the same results.
First But sadly after two from the Apple shop and a replacement direct from Twelve South all have failed with the same results.
Firstly the plastic coating around the phone 'holder' rubs away, then the rest of the coating peels off. The corners that form the shape of the wallet then break away, meaning that the leather cover them loosens and comes away. The final straw was when on holiday - the Canary islands c28C - the adhesive holding the cover together started to melt and the phone came away from the wallet whilst still in it's holder.
Sadly the most disappointing case I have yet owned, but I will say I emailed the guys at Twelve South who were lovely and replaced the second one FoC all the way from their offices in America - now that is customer service!! …
- Written by Simon F from Shrewsbury
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5 also fit the new iPod Touch?
- Asked by Sylvia T from District Heights
Will this case fit and work properly with the upcoming iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Christopher P from Blackalls Park
According to Twelve South's website, yes. It will fit the upcoming iPhone 5S.
- Answered by James P from Hollywood
Will this case fit the 5S model as well?
- Asked by Michael S from Norton
- Answered by Andrew G from Mount Pleasant