Twelve South's BookBook case and wallet holds your iPhone, your ID, debit/credit cards and cash so you'll have everything in one place when you're out and about. With the look of a tiny vintage book, BookBook is a high-quality leather case that's hand-distressed to give each one a unique finish.
Protection and access
Safeguard your iPhone 5 while retaining edge-to-edge access to the touch screen and full use of buttons and ports. You can also charge or listen to your iPhone without removing it from BookBook.
A built-in ID window lets you show your drivers license without taking it out, plus an easy thumb-slide for those occasions when you do have to remove your ID. Vertical slots and one horizontal pocket hold debit/credit cards, cash and receipts.
- Miniature book doubles as wallet and iPhone case
- Protects your iPhone while allowing edge-to-edge use of touch screen
- Quick-pull tab for quickly removing or inserting your iPhone
- Convenient ID window with thumb-slide
- Charge/sync your iPhone while still in its case
- Eliminates the need to carry a wallet
- Disguises your wallet and iPhone as a vintage, pocket-sized book
- Made with high-quality, genuine leather
- Hand distressed so no two are exactly alike
Did you notice?Hand distressing gives each BookBook case a finish unlike any other.
Apple Recommends ForCarry everything in one place – and protect it – thanks to this combined wallet and case for iPhone 5.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case
- Form Factor: Wallet
- Material: Leather
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1232
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002672
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Good product: well thought out
First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up and the weight closes it. It really bothered me.
-Very uncomfortable talking on the phone. Wasn't sure how anyone could hold the phone.
-No place for cash. It's too big and won't let it close on me.
Having the case for a month, I can say I like it!
-The wallet fully closes now whichever side I put it on.
-I learned that I needed to fold back the case with the credit cards and such sticking out. The case gave grip to the phone and now I feel uncomfortable without it.
-Still no place for cash, but I feel like it grew on me. I carry 3 credit cards, my license, and a couple receipts and it's more than enough.
Overall, I would recommend the case, but it does take getting a little use to. I'm the type of person that always forgets either his wallet or phone, and having two in one makes forgetting both much harder. It is a little thicker in my pocket, but I've gotten use to it, and I don't need to worry about having my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore!
A++ would recommend! …
- Written by ANTOINE P from Irvine
212 of 239 people found this useful
Review for all the Canucks out there
Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first tho Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first thoughts:
- The spine measures about 2cm wide, and the front/back measures 13cm x 7cm.
- As stated it has spots for 3 cards and your ID (or another card I suppose)
- Initial quality appears excellent, the comments about being able to smell the leather are true
- Yes, you can use both cameras with the case
- I have a black iPhone 5 with the brown case and it looks great, I have seen the black on black as well and it looks very sharp as well. Have not seen a white phone in this case.
- Yes you have access to all buttons / ports on the phone
- I like the idea of having my wallet and phone all-in-one
The "On the fence"
- I am still trying to get used to the size, it is bigger then the wallet I used to carry and is much bigger then just having a phone in your pocket. I wouldn't say you would carry this around in your front pocket of your jeans. (Wondering if overtime it will get worn in and be a little more compact).
- Holding cash, when you have say 10 bills, seems to be a bit of an issue, there is a place for cash behind the cards, but CDN money (different size then US) when folded in half still sticks out the edge and over part of the spine, and with 10 bills folded that way the case does not close well. If you are someone that rarely carries cash (or very little), then this is not an issue. I am still trying to figure out a good way to store more then 4 or 5 bills in it.
Like I said, this is just my initial thoughts, I will update in a month or so. …
- Written by Michael R from Regina
170 of 200 people found this useful
Twelve South does it again
I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the came I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the camera hole and the fact i can hold more cards is a plus. You can't go wrong if you get this. It eliminates the need for a phone case and a wallet. I have one on my MacBook air and my New iPad, awesome!!!!!! I get a lot of complements when people notice it. …
- Written by Jack H from ROSEVILLE
124 of 141 people found this useful
Book Book for iphone 5
Love the design and it protects my iphone like nothing else I have had. I have had it since March and it looks like I have carrie Love the design and it protects my iphone like nothing else I have had. I have had it since March and it looks like I have carried it through a world war combat assignment. The color has all rubbed off to a dull gray. I didn’t expect it to stay shiny and brand new looking, I just didn’t expect it to look shabby this quickly. …
- Written by Janis G. H from Lubbock
1 of 1 people found this useful
Poor quality. Nowhere near as good as the 4s version.
I personally loved the 4s bookbook. I much preferred the ability to remove my phone when I wanted it rather than having it stay in I personally loved the 4s bookbook. I much preferred the ability to remove my phone when I wanted it rather than having it stay in the case permanently.
The plastic clip approach in the 5 case is not a good idea. Firstly it is coated in some kind of leather, but that didn't last long before it started peeling off.
The leather on the outside also started showing wear very quickly. This is fine if you like the "aged look" but it doesn't bode well for the life span.
It has plenty of space for cards and cash, but the added length of the 5 makes this quite a large bukly case.
My advice, get the toffee wallet cases instead. …
- Written by Bryan H from NORTHAMPTON
Ok. Leather comes of near camera.
+ Looks nice
- Leather comes of near camera. Need to get a replacement now.
- Doesn't need much money before it no longer closes + Looks nice
- Leather comes of near camera. Need to get a replacement now.
- Doesn't need much money before it no longer closes flat.
- Camera hole is too large and ugly.
Generally it's ok, a bit "meh". …
- Written by Craig P from Woolooware
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5 also fit the new iPod Touch?
- Asked by Sylvia T from District Heights
No answers yet
Will this case fit and work properly with the upcoming iPhone 5s?
- Asked by Christopher P from Blackalls Park
Yes. The BookBook Vol V. fits the 5S perfectly. I originally bought it for my IPhone 5 and now my 5S Yes. The BookBook Vol V. fits the 5S perfectly. I originally bought it for my IPhone 5 and now my 5S is sitting in it snugly and comfortably. However the sound quality while taking a call is equally poor. There's something about this case that make it sound like you're muffled or in a tunnel. If I want to have a decent conversation with anyone I have to take the phone out of its case. …
- Answered by Robert Jan V from Los Altos
Will this case fit the 5S model as well?
- Asked by Michael S from Norton
- Answered by Andrew G from Mount Pleasant