Connect your MacBook to your HDTV using the Belkin Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI Adapter. It delivers both digital audio* and video signals for easy data transfer.
- Converts video to connect to any device enabled with HDMI technology
- Provides a digital audio* and video signal to your HDTV
- Supports full 1080p resolution and audio
- Molded strain-relief dongle provides flexibility for placement throughout the house
- Easy plug and play
Did you notice?Transmits video and audio* from your Mac with Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port for viewing on any HDMI-enabled device.
Apple Recommends ForConnect your MacBook to any HDTV to browse the Internet, share photos and stream audio or video from a variety of sources.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- Connections: HDMI port, Mini DisplayPort
- Mfr. Part Number: F2CD034ywAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868904985
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- *Audio support available only on MacBook Pro computers released after mid-2010. Older MacBook computers will require a separate 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable for audio.
Ratings & Reviews
Broke after less than a month...
Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/ Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/connectors aren't hot-glued into place like this one is.
Bought mine in August, and it broke this past weekend. It's super cheap for the $35 you pay. …
- Written by Evan G from Holland
119 of 127 people found this useful
Great Idea Poorly Executed
Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month l Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month later, maybe 4 or 6 movies total, the adapter no longer works. Perhaps I shouldn't have left it plugged into my iMac but who really unplugs these sort of things when the TV menu allows choosing input with the remote. The adapter is quite warm to the touch and the TV is set to the same HDMI port as the cable is plugged into so it's not a connectivity issue. The TV just doesn't show up on the iMac 'Display' or 'Sound' under 'System Preferences' as it did before. I'm disappointed, wanted to watch a movie instead of writing a negative review but here I am. Avoid this product. …
- Written by amos H from Punta Gorda
109 of 117 people found this useful
I'm using this adapter to connect an HDTV to my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am able to send video in 1080p and audio to the TV. It I'm using this adapter to connect an HDTV to my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am able to send video in 1080p and audio to the TV. It supports multi screen as well, effectively making my HDTV a second monitor. If you need a disc drive in your MacBook and want an HDMI connection, this is the best way to go. The cord is about 6 " inches long which is good for portability but more importantly, and unlike the other Belkin connectors, has a female input for the HDMI. This allows the use of any HDMI cable rather than the adapter/cables with a male end which would have to reach the screen to connect. …
- Written by JAMES L from LONDON
77 of 89 people found this useful
Disappointed beyond £25.00
I have had the Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter for less than 3 months and as other has said it is not working. I paid £24. I have had the Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter for less than 3 months and as other has said it is not working. I paid £24.99 for something that does not even last 6 months. For all Apple say about their products or associated product as being the best, I can say that they are letting us down with this shuddy products. …
- Written by jacqueline B from london
Apple! WHat do you think you are playing at endorsing such lo quality and poorly user rated products?
It goes against everything Apple! WHat do you think you are playing at endorsing such lo quality and poorly user rated products?
It goes against everything Apple stands for to sell such poorly made and unreliable products.
Shameful, appalling, i'm so disappointed. It seems impossible to buy a Mini DP > HDMI cable that lasts over 2 months.
SORT IT OUT! …
- Written by Aneek T from ASHFORD
Just received mine today. I knew about the bad reviews but I didn't believe Apple would allow themselves to market a poor quality Just received mine today. I knew about the bad reviews but I didn't believe Apple would allow themselves to market a poor quality item. I was wrong.
Incidentally , as the goods were faulty I am entitled to the return postage refunded by law. I will let you know if they are to do this.
Can not express how confused I am over Apple selling this item knowing it has proved to be everything Apple are not. …
- Written by Paul L from Liverpool
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this the same as thunderbolt? WIll it work with a 17" MacBook Pro with a thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Charlie M
Yes, it will work.
- Answered by Dr A from Boston
Can I use this to connect a mac mini HDMI out to the Apple thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Randall G L from Laguna Beach
Does the audio work with a mid 2010 macbook pro?
- Asked by Kathi T from Ypsilanti