The 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter is custom-cut for your MacBook. Thanks to 3M privacy technology, the filter darkens on-screen data when anyone views it from the side—yet it provides higher clarity than competitive filters. Plus the filter's application system features an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens. And if you keep the filter and your screen clean, you can reposition it hundreds of times.
- Reversible, with glossy side for maximum viewing clarity and matte side for reduced glare
- Screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
Did you notice?The reversible filter has an anti-glare surface and an adhesive specially designed for display screens.
Apple Recommends ForKeep the data displayed on your Mac private in high-traffic areas.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Height: 0.03 in./0.08 cm
- Width: 11.25 in./28.57 cm
- Weight: 1.1 oz./31.2 g
- Length: 7.06 in./17.93 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PFMAR13
- UPC or EAN No.: 051128829110
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Not perfect but very good in most conditions
A little bit fiddly to get it on first time and get it right, but once on it's good. In normal lighting conditions the person next A little bit fiddly to get it on first time and get it right, but once on it's good. In normal lighting conditions the person next to you can't see what you're working on. However, there is an exception - if you're using your computer in a darkened room. As an example, if you're in a plane with most of the cabin lights out then the back-lighting of the MacBook screen significantly reduces the effectiveness of the privacy filter. Your neighbour can read everything. You can get around this by turning on your seat light so there is more ambient light around you. Finally, it's a bit of pain to take on and off regularly without the adhesive strips taking a beating, so keep their protective strip covers with you. Am onto my second product because i messed this up with my first after what should have been a straight-forward exercise to take the filter off so my friends could see a video we'd just shot. The strips got dirty and can't be recovered. …
- Written by Robert W from Northbridge
Not Very Effective
I've been using the screen filter for several months, and every time I ask my peers in lectures to test whether the filter actuall I've been using the screen filter for several months, and every time I ask my peers in lectures to test whether the filter actually makes it harder for them look at what I'm doing, they are able to tell me exactly what I am doing at that moment. This is done without them having to turn their face towards my screen; all it took for them was to just shift their eyes and my screen was completely vulnerable. I usually have my screen light on low setting, so again, I tried to make it as hard as possible for them to look at my screen. I DO NOT recommend this product. …
- Written by Theodore L from Valencia
21 of 30 people found this useful
Works well, but...
Product installs easily and works as described. Travel extensively for work and this is a great privacy filter screen product. Gla Product installs easily and works as described. Travel extensively for work and this is a great privacy filter screen product. Glad to see 3M quality in the Apple store.
It ships with 12 attachment adhesive strips, and this option is an easy install. But, the instructions that are in the the inbox material also include instructions for privacy slide mounting adhesive tab strips as well. Unfortunately this is not part of the in box whatsoever. Found myself thinking I was missing part of the product. From there, I took another look at the packaging. Unfortunately the packaging doesn't really tell you exactly what is in the box, other than "4 ITEMS".
For $34.95, I'd think you could include both installation product options for the customer. …
- Written by Mike W from Charleston
26 of 29 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
No answers yet
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
What is the most appropriate Privacy Screen for MacBook Retinol Display Computer 13"?
- Asked by Edith E from Alexandria
3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for 3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for your need. …
- Answered by Eric N from Coquitlam