The 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter is custom-cut for your MacBook. Thanks to 3M privacy technology, the filter darkens on-screen data when anyone views it from the side, yet it provides higher clarity than competitive filters. Plus the filter's application system features an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens. And if you keep the filter and your screen clean, you can reposition it hundreds of times.
- Reversible, with glossy side for maximum viewing clarity and matte side for reduced glare
- Screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
Did you notice?The reversible filter has an anti-glare surface and an adhesive specially designed for display screens.
Apple Recommends ForKeep the data displayed on your Mac private in high-traffic areas.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Height: 0.03 in./0.08 cm
- Width: 11.25 in./28.57 cm
- Weight: 1.1 oz./31.2 g
- Length: 7.06 in./17.93 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PFMAR13
- UPC or EAN No.: 051128829110
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Really useful, if you are looking for privacy at a customer site or on the the train, then this product is fantastic. The product Really useful, if you are looking for privacy at a customer site or on the the train, then this product is fantastic. The product does soften the glare. …
- Written by Gareth E from Aldershot
I bought this product after i purchased my MacBook Air in hopes to keep the screen in good shape and to stay private in public are I bought this product after i purchased my MacBook Air in hopes to keep the screen in good shape and to stay private in public areas. When i received the product I was eager to install it. Upon installation i was very disappointed and would have never bought the product had I known the outcome. I strongly advise all to steer clear from this item. …
- Written by Hunter T from Metairie
3 of 8 people found this useful
Did not cut out glare
Product does not cut out the glare, yes it softens it but the screen is just as usable without it in direct sunlight, it does blur Product does not cut out the glare, yes it softens it but the screen is just as usable without it in direct sunlight, it does blur the mirror images but it doesn't remove them so you know they are still there.
The privacy feature does work unless someone is standing behind you they can still see.
have sent this product back as was expecting better …
- Written by James K from Shoreham By Sea
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit a MacBook Pro (early 2011) model (non-retina display)?
- Asked by Rahul V
This filter does not properly fit the 2009 MacBook Pro. I wanted this product for the anti-glare as This filter does not properly fit the 2009 MacBook Pro. I wanted this product for the anti-glare aspect, not for privacy. One side of the filter is for anti-glare, and the other side is for privacy. I have a 2009 13" MacBook Pro and the filter does not fit properly. It comes with two-sided tape for attaching it; I was expecting the kind that uses static to attach. You need to tape the filter to the screen so it covers everything and doesn't fall off, but doing this leaves about a half inch of the MacBook Pro screen unprotected around the perimeter. (The black border on the computer screen unprotected.)
In my opinion, using the anti-glare side of the filter does not cut the glare enough to justify how bad it makes the screen look. I would estimate it cuts the *resolution* at least by 30%. I would estimate that the filter cuts the *glare* by about 10%.
HOWEVER, the privacy side of the filter works as advertised; it blacks out the screen as the viewing angle widens, but you still need to tape it to the screen.
Even if this filter fit correctly, I would have still returned it because it doesn't cut the glare enough to justify lessening the resolution as much as it does.
However, if it fit correctly and I needed a privacy screen, this would be a good product. …
- Answered by Matt N from Redwood City
Does this screen fit the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" late 2013?
- Asked by Andrew H
Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. The flap pulls over the top so no zipper scars either! …
- Answered by Frederick G
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filt I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filter appears to be virtually much darker than I expected. However, when I put it on, it doesn't seem to affect much. I have the brightness slightly less than halfway in a room with normal light and it is more than enough for me. Note that I use the matt side (as I hate glare and reflection). Would have loved to compare it side by side with the glossy one but don't think there's a big difference.
All in all, the filter doesn't bother me at all with the brightness. …
- Answered by Kriengsak P from Gold Coast
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale