UP by Jawbone is a wristband plus app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that tracks how you sleep, move and eat so you can know yourself better, make smarter choices and feel your best.
How to Pick Your Size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross.
Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you.
SM = 5.5 to 6.0 inches/14.0 to 15.5 CM, MD = 6.0 to 7.0 inches/15.5 to 18.0 CM, LG = 7.0 to 8.0 inches/18.0 to 20.0 CM
Track your sleep
UP senses your micro-movements while you sleep and uses advanced algorithms to determine how many hours you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, time spent in light versus deep sleep and how many times you woke during the night.
Track your activity
Wearing UP captures a complete picture of your day, so you don't have to guess how active you are. UP tracks your steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active versus idle.
Track your food and drink
UP's mobile app lets you log what you eat and drink and get as detailed as you want. Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the UP image gallery or search the ingredient database. UP also assists you in tracking calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fibre and sodium.
UP visualises your information so you can understand the meaning behind your data at a glance. It delivers personalised insights and clear tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set a Smart Alarm to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you've been sitting too long.
- Comfortable, durable and stylish wristband
- Up to 10 days of battery life between charges
- Track the quality and quantity of your sleep
- Track your movements
- Log your workouts and find out calories burned
- Log your food by taking a photo or scanning a barcode
- Track detailed nutritional info
- Smart alarm silently vibrates on your wrist to wake you at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle
- Idle Alerts remind you to move when you've been inactive
- Share your UP journey with friends and family
Did you notice?The Idle Alert will remind you to move when you’ve been inactive for too long.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants to commit to a healthy lifestyle – and track progress.
What's in the Box?
- UP by Jawbone wristband
- Charging cable (3.5mm to USB)
- Quick start guide
- Free iOS app downloadable from App Store
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Battery life: Up to 10 days
- Charge Time: Up to 90 minutes
- Height: 2.2 in./56 mm
- Width: 0.47 in./12 mm
- Weight: 0.81 oz./23 g
- Length: 3.2 in./81 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: JBR03a-LG-CA
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912010068
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
UP by Jawbone
*** REQUIRES UP OR UP24 WRISTBAND TO USE THIS APP ***
UP. A smarter fitness tracker. Manage your weight, move more and sleep better.
UP® is a revolutionary system that guides you every step of the way to a better, healthier you. First, UP gets to know you—tracking your activity, diet and sleep. Next, it shows you how to make simple adjustments that, over time, add up to a whole new you.
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP's Insight Engine will deliver personalized, actionable insights that guide you towards healthier choices as UP learns about you over time.
Studies show that simply tracking what you eat can help you lose weight. And whether you want to shed a few pounds or just eat healthier, tracking food is now even easier. New features include frequent meals, an enhanced calorie counter, and an expanded library of restaurant menus. There’s even a Food Score, so you can quickly see how healthy your food is.
More than any other fitness tracker, UP gives you an in-depth picture of your sleep. Sleep graphs let you see the good, the bad and the rapidly improving. Use bedtime reminders, Power Naps and Smart Alarms to get to sleep and wake up at optimal times. UP intelligently analyzes your sleep, diet and exercise, then suggests simple adjustments that lead to more rest and happier days.
UP is like a coach that gets to know you, then guides you to make simple decisions that lead to a more active life. With precise step tracking, workout logging and Insight Reports, UP is way more than a pedometer. Use Idle Alerts to remind you to move throughout the day and add friends to your team to cheer and be cheered.
CONNECT TO YOUR FAVORITE DEVICES AND APPS
UP works with over 100 apps and devices, and counting. Whether you’re adjusting your NEST thermostat, biking with Strava, working out with Wello or jogging with RunKeeper, track it all with UP for the most complete picture of your day and night.
* Get personalized insights to help you set & achieve your goals
* Track your sleep & physical activity
* Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
* Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
* Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
* The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
* Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
* Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
* Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
* Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
* Reminders - Set customizable alerts with band vibrations to remind you to workout, go to bed, take medication and more
* Activity alerts - Receive move notifications when you want them. Available to UP24 users only.
* Share your insights via email, message, Facebook or Twitter
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Required to use the UP by Jawbone app
* Designed to be worn 24/7
* Features advanced motion sensor technology
* Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
* Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L)
133-622 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
We love it
My wife and I have been using if for more than 30 Days, it is interesting to see your sleep pattern and it has caused us to get mo My wife and I have been using if for more than 30 Days, it is interesting to see your sleep pattern and it has caused us to get more sleep and feel better in the following day. It fairly accurately measures steps but it is important to set your own step measurement to be accurate. You can also enter your food into the app each day. Interesting I discovered I fall asleep in 11 minutes almost every night, I can see my deep sleep time and light sleep time. My wife discovered she wakes up several times during the night. It is helping us to change our patterns to be more healthy. …
- Written by Francis L from Duluth
141 of 150 people found this useful
Very useful, and improving
I've found the UP bracelet useful since its faltering launch last year -- I never saw the recharging problems others have had. I I've found the UP bracelet useful since its faltering launch last year -- I never saw the recharging problems others have had. I was having issues synching it (it would take half a dozen tries before it would be recognized and synch) but a software update to the app corrected that.
When my mother was recovering from surgery, her sleep patterns were irregular and she was concerned that she wasn't sleeping well. I put my UP bracelet on her wrist and reassured her by showing the graphs of how often she woke, but how much sleep she was still getting and how much of it was deep sleep.
I now have one of the improved bands and it has worked well. The software added nutritional tracking that has enabled me to lose 30 pounds over a few months without really trying -- just being more conscious of which foods were really adding on the calories.
I've gotten a great deal of value from this and I encourage my friends and family to use it too. …
- Written by WILLIAM H from ABSECON
92 of 102 people found this useful
Dead out of the box, bought another and bricked after 5 days
I was not able to use this device much - however I did return and try a second one for a week until that one also bricked. I went I was not able to use this device much - however I did return and try a second one for a week until that one also bricked. I went through ALL of the troubleshooting and contacted Jawbone support - you know what they told me? "Try the troubleshooting" .
PLEASE, we are not stupid. I have used the FitBit and Nike Fuel band - this Jawbone UP works nice on paper but they somehow failed to properly execute quality control+practical design (like plugging this device into your phone to sync)
So you have been warned - me and others have experienced quality issues on this product. …
- Written by KENT W from Calgary
98 of 138 people found this useful
Syncing with iPhone depends on LUCK
I won't recommend this product! The band had difficulty to be recognised by my iPhone 5s since the very first days. I contacted Ja I won't recommend this product! The band had difficulty to be recognised by my iPhone 5s since the very first days. I contacted Jawbone support and they asked me to reset the wristband. The same problem persisted after reset. Having the band recognised by iPhone appears to be a matter of my luck! …
- Written by Justin C from Hong Kong
1 of 1 people found this useful
A Cool Motivator
This device is excellent. I have had mine nearly a year and have no issues with it at all. The app is a jewel of design. The GUI This device is excellent. I have had mine nearly a year and have no issues with it at all. The app is a jewel of design. The GUI is uniquely intuitive and provides a wealth of beautifully organised cool looking data. Goals can be set, and trends observed. According to ‘The Gadget Show’ the steps measurement was the most accurate of devices tested and I agree with that. Sleep and quality of sleep is also measured giving a previously unseen insight into yourself at rest.
The nutrition part of the app measures calories used, compared to calories consumed. There is a picture library, barcode scanner, and it also links to your phone camera so you can take your own food photos. I found it so motivational that I lost 20 pounds! That’s got to worth the price of the UP alone. Finally, the design is light, unobtrusive and discreet. I chose black but if you want to shout, red is available. All in all, a very neat and functional device. …
- Written by John H from Croydon
3 of 4 people found this useful
Biggest waste of money
Service is shocking.... Only had mine 4 months and it no longer charges. Can't get anyone to help resolve the problem so please Service is shocking.... Only had mine 4 months and it no longer charges. Can't get anyone to help resolve the problem so please don't waste your money on this product as we have. …
- Written by Alison I from Auckland
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use more than one jawbone up band (different colors) at a time and still record my data? OR, two different sized bands, based upon activities?
- Asked by Kenneth H from Dansville
Does UP have the same function as UP24?
- Asked by 然 邓 from 上海
No answers yet
How snugly does it fit around the wrist given that there are only 3 sizes? Is the size adjustable?
- Asked by Krithika N from Saint Augustine
fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts to your wrists but that's not the same as 'adjustable'. you can't make it looser or tighter than it naturally does by itself.
i had a band bracelet on when i looked at the sizes. the band of the bracelet perfectly fit the band's apparent size in the box. however, on my wrist, it's a wee bit tight and i'm debating switching it out. …
- Answered by Danielle S from Cincinnati
Can I buy a replacement cap for jawbone up?
- Asked by Peter G from New York
If you visit their website you can request one free replacement
- Answered by Simon E
does this checks your cholesterol level
- Asked by Rohit R from Dubai
- Answered by John T from Alpharetta