LaCie’s Rugged Triple External Hard Drive now offers the lightning-fast speeds of USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, and full backward-compatibility with FireWire 400 and USB 2.0. It’s shock-proof design, universal compatibility and triple interface allowing for bus powered plug and play operation make it robust and easy to use. Whether the goal is super speed or complete compatibility, the Rugged Triple has everything users need.
- Triple interface, bus powered, plug and play
- Maximum speed up to 110 MB/s
- Shock-proof design
- Time Machine-compatible
- Easy cross platform formatting utility
- AES 256-bit encryption protection
Did you notice?The shock-resistant rubber bumper helps protect your data from knocks.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping your data safe wherever you travel, even in tough conditions.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Rugged Triple USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- FireWire 800 cable
- Quick install guide
- Software Suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Firewire 800, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 28 mm/1.10 in.
- Width: 90 mm/3.54 in.
- Weight: 260 g
- Length: 145 mm/5.71 in.
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 301984
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053822026
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Most reliable backup
This is one of two of the same model I have owned for the past 2 years, and they have both performed flawlessly for daily staggere This is one of two of the same model I have owned for the past 2 years, and they have both performed flawlessly for daily staggered backups. I have a 1TB Time Capsule too, but based on its reliability, I'm not optimistic about a long life.
What convinced to buy the first one was that the Apple Store employees were using them out on the floor.
This Lacie drives works easily with Time Machine and the older Apple Backup software.
I highly recommend it. …
- Written by E M from SOUTH PORTLAND
158 of 164 people found this useful
As a photographer I needed a quick, easy solution for takings files to clients and on-the-go backup. The Rugged turned out to be a As a photographer I needed a quick, easy solution for takings files to clients and on-the-go backup. The Rugged turned out to be a perfect solution. The quick transfer speeds let me get my data onto the drive quickly and with backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, and Firewire interface it'll work on most of my clients' computers. …
- Written by Holden T
144 of 149 people found this useful
Sturdy Portable Drive
I like that this drive comes with all cables that one would need to use it. It's rugged enough so that I don't have to worry about I like that this drive comes with all cables that one would need to use it. It's rugged enough so that I don't have to worry about the bumps and grinds of everyday use. It's compact and has an excellent choice of interfaces. The speeds are awesome. So five stars on all of the above. …
- Written by Rene N
133 of 138 people found this useful
Died and lost all of my data.
I bought this specific hard drive in August 2013 because of all the great reviews and the shock proof case due to the amount that I bought this specific hard drive in August 2013 because of all the great reviews and the shock proof case due to the amount that I travel. It is now January 2015.
I had stored all of my pictures, movies, computer backups and university assignments on it.
Until about a week ago everything worked flawlessly.
However I travel a lot like i mentioned and although all the airports and countries I was going to I always took the hard drive as a carry on and took extra care.
Yet once arriving in New Zealand I plugged the hard drive into my mac to upload some more pictures, and there was nothing.
My mac did not recognize the device at all.
Nothing had happened, the cord was in great condition so I was totally confused as to why it wasn't syncing
Long story short, I took the device to a local computer store the next morning and they informed me that the device died and that I lost all of my data.
Currently still trying to contact LaCie to try and retain my data, but so far no luck.
So, if purchasing this hard drive, have another backup as I just lost all my pictures from the past 6 years and no amount of money will ever be able to change that. …
- Written by Rebecca D from Brockville
Excellent fast drive
I use this drive with FCP X and it totally rocks, excellent speeds, and pretty quiet. The capacity is good, and the rugged protect I use this drive with FCP X and it totally rocks, excellent speeds, and pretty quiet. The capacity is good, and the rugged protective casing allows me to easily transport the drive in my backpack. Very happy with it! …
- Written by Elaine H
2 of 2 people found this useful
Used approximately six times and then the unit failed. It may be the cable, it may be the USB plug, it may be the unit. Nonethel Used approximately six times and then the unit failed. It may be the cable, it may be the USB plug, it may be the unit. Nonetheless, it doesn't work. The hard drive may be rugged but if information isn't stored ruggedness doesn't matter. …
- Written by Albert W from Klamath Falls
4 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How do I know if my son's macpro which is probably 4 yrs old can interface with USB3? Both my kids want external drives and I like to buy the best.
- Asked by Elaine L from Kodiak
Can I store video media to edit with FCP X?
- Asked by Matthew R from Knoxville
Yes you can, but I'd consider the Thunderbolt version of this drive, which is only around £30 more. Yes you can, but I'd consider the Thunderbolt version of this drive, which is only around £30 more. You'd get seamless video editing going using FCPX with the LaCie 1TB Thunderbolt drive. I have used this as my set up for editing weddings in the past. …
- Answered by Craig M
is there a data recovery policy?
- Asked by Katherine P from Apache Junction
If you mean will Lacie insure, recover or otherwise do anything about your data on the drive if it f If you mean will Lacie insure, recover or otherwise do anything about your data on the drive if it fails then, no. …
- Answered by Wolf M from Grafton
can it be used back and forth between a Mac and pc without reformatting?
- Asked by Irina Rebeca R from Fremont
Yes as long as the drive is originally formatted for cross-compatibility (NTSF)
- Answered by Chase B from Whitestown
does it hold anything other than video
- Asked by Sam M from Northfield
Yes, it will hold everything/anything you need to save.
- Answered by John H from Malibu