With the RuggedKey, the last thing to fear is data loss. The RuggedKey is drop resistant up to 100m, heat and cold resistant, and IP-54 certified for dust and water projection resistance. Plus, the AES 256-bit encryption means it’s secure from the inside out. And with the USB 3.0 interface, the RuggedKey boasts speeds up to 100MB/s.
- 100-metre drop resistant
- Heat and cold resistant
- IP-54 certified for dust and water projection resistance
- AES 256-bit encryption
- USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 100MB/s
Did you notice?AES 256-bit encryption keeps your data secure while the RuggedKey casing keeps it safe.
Apple Recommends ForProtect and transfer your most important data from all the elements.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered, USB
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000147
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053838652
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Unable to transfer file over 10 GB
The speed of this flash drive is very very fast, 10 GB within 1 - 2 mins. However the amount of heat it produced is enormous!! I t The speed of this flash drive is very very fast, 10 GB within 1 - 2 mins. However the amount of heat it produced is enormous!! I tried to transfer a 25 GB Blue Ray movie on to it. It says that it ll only takes 5 mins. Then after 2 mins, after it transfer around 10 GB, it flash drive is overheating so it stop automatically then ejected itself 1 min later. I can almost fry egg on it LOOOL. I tested it several times, it seems that u have to keep the file size smaller than 10 GB or it won't be able to finish the job without overheating …
- Written by JIEFENG Z from Baltimore
208 of 252 people found this useful
A durable USB key
I have lost data on a thumb drive before purely from age and dust getting into the device. After buying the Rugged Key I hope all I have lost data on a thumb drive before purely from age and dust getting into the device. After buying the Rugged Key I hope all of those experiences are gone. The device has a rubber casing all around, protecting it from humidity, dust and other elements. I also like to be able to carry this on my keychain, so I'm never searching for it. …
- Written by Peyton G
118 of 133 people found this useful
I am very happy with this drive. It easily attaches to my keys and the rubber encasing means that I don't have to worry about the I am very happy with this drive. It easily attaches to my keys and the rubber encasing means that I don't have to worry about the drive getting scratched or worse, losing data if the drive is dropped. I even like its secondary use as a keyring, much nicer than a generic USB drive anyway. …
- Written by Alanna H
109 of 121 people found this useful
LaCie Flash Drives are BAD
This is my second LaCie flash drive and suddenly it stopped working. My first one stopped in a year time and I tried all the solut This is my second LaCie flash drive and suddenly it stopped working. My first one stopped in a year time and I tried all the solutions to get work but it did not. I bought another one because I liked LaCie flash drives and I thought what happened to my first one was just bad luck and nothing to do with the flash drive itself. well, exactly something happened to my second one in almost a year time. It does not work at all with any computers, operating systems, and any other tools. …
- Written by Abdulaziz A from Dunedin
Rugged Flush Drive
When I first saw this product- I was SOLD!!
Why would I ever want a Kmart thumb drive when I could sport this sexy little grenade When I first saw this product- I was SOLD!!
Why would I ever want a Kmart thumb drive when I could sport this sexy little grenade-looking unit?
Flash orange, brushed metal- yip!
Answer, Four months later, it lost my entire contents including my movie files, on the very eve of my exhibition.
If you like to gamble, buy two! Live life on the edge. …
- Written by Aaron H from Melbourne
Don't buy it
After 6 months suddenly died. I lost all my data Don't buy this product.
- Written by Emilio Martin I from Capital Federal
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
LaCie 16GB RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash Drive. About how many photos will this hold ?
- Asked by Patricia M from Cumming
Can this device be used to transfer data between mac and windows? I use a Mac at home and windows at work.
- Asked by Jacqueline R from Maudsland
Transferring between Mac and Windows is not dependent upon the USB drive but the file system used on Transferring between Mac and Windows is not dependent upon the USB drive but the file system used on the USB drive. If you format a USB drive as FAT (ExFAT) then both Mac & Windows will be able to read & write to it …
- Answered by Media M from Wellington
Yes this will work with Mavericks.
Generally using a USB key as a backup is not great though as t Yes this will work with Mavericks.
Generally using a USB key as a backup is not great though as they are more likely to fail or get lost. …
- Answered by David H
Will this be compatible with OX Mavericks? Just want somewhere to keep my photos and videos safe in case my iMac hard drive ever fails.
- Asked by Brandon G from Orange
Do Lacie have storage device for a Mac OSX 10.4.11
- Asked by Barbara N from Berkhamsted
Can the following product be incorporated with the I-pad 2? LaCie 16GB RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash Drive Key for a rugged lifestyle. Design by Neil Poul.
- Asked by Robert T from Madison