iRig MIC Cast, provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear aural quality thanks to its tight pickup pattern that minimises background sounds so that you can capture the audio you want while cancelling out extraneous noise. The unidirectional condenser capsule isolates the intended audio source, yielding dramatically better results than an integrated microphone.
Use it for: Capturing interviews and presentations for Podcasts Transmitting a clear audio signal on FaceTime, Skype™ videoconferences Recording notes, meetings, speeches, and lectures Creating videos with greater intelligibility and an improved audio track Documenting your own recitals and performances -- or for concerts
The included tabletop stand makes it possible to set up your iPhone or iPod touch so that users have a clear view of the screen and so the camera can “see” the user for FaceTime or Skype meetings. For recording, simply place the stand wherever convenient for hands free operation.
- High-quality microphone with amazing sound quality
- Unidirectional pattern rejects background and room noise
- Sensitivity switch for the best possible quality in any situation
- Ultra-compact profile for easy portability
- Includes iPhone/iPod touch stand for convenient positioning
- Headphone output jack lets you connect earbuds while the mic is connected
- Works with any app that uses the built-in microphone
- The bumper-friendly jack makes it possible to plug in -- even if your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad is in a protective case.
Did you notice?iRig MIC Cast also works with your camera apps, dramatically improving the sound quality of your videos, too!
Apple Recommends ForPodcasting, recording lectures, meetings and interviews, conference calling and more!
What's in the Box?
- iRig MIC Cast ultra-compact audio capture microphone
- Adjustable table-top stand for iPhone/iPod touch
- iRig MIC Cast quickstart guide (Multi-lingual)
- Height: 28 mm
- Width: 10 mm
- Depth: 1 cm
- Weight: 30 g
- Length: 28 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: IP-IRIG-CAST-IN
- UPC or EAN No.: 8025813398030
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- iRig MIC Cast is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch (4th, 3rd and 2nd generation), iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2 and iPad. They all require iOS 3.1.3 or later.
iRig Recorder FREE
NOW WITH DIGITAL AUDIO SUPPORT, AUDIOBUS INTEGRATION, AUDIO COPY/PASTE, iPHONE 5 AND RETINA DISPLAY UPDATE
iRig Recorder is a powerful and flexible audio recording app for your iOS device that is convenient and easy to use. You can have a professional recording tool there at your fingertips anytime, anywhere along with intuitive and practical editing functions and various export options to fit your audio needs wherever your mobile life takes you.
iRig Recorder is the perfect companion to iRig Mic. Take iRig Mic and iRig Recorder anywhere to capture podcasts, interviews, concerts … any sound out in the field or right there at home. Then use iRig Recorder's intuitive editing tools to cut, crop or loop your audio and its powerful effects processors to optimize tone for speech or music, clean up background noise, brighten your voice for clarity and presence, smooth your voice in harsh or overly bright recordings or change the speed of your tracks without affecting their pitch.
iRig Recorder also supports digital audio input devices so you can use any standard 30 pin/Lightning audio interface.
iRig Recorder is Audiobus* compatible; use it with compatible audio apps in any Audiobus Slot.
Effect processors are so easy to use that anyone – even without specific music or audio knowledge – can quickly produce quality audio material in seconds with iRig Recorder.
iRig Recorder organizes your recordings by date and time and also tags them with a geo location for easy and reliable file management of your recordings. Export your files via E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud or iTunes File Sharing in a variety of sizes and formats (including 16-bit 44.1 kHz uncompressed export through in-app purchase). Record your world with iRig Recorder!
iRig Recorder features:
• Convenient, easy-to-use mobile recording and editing app: just launch the app and press record!
• The perfect companion to iRig Mic for your podcasts, interviews, concert and field recordings
• One touch recording with real-time monitoring
• Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools to cut, crop and loop your recordings
• Pitch and time – based effects include changing the speed of your recordings (without affecting pitch) to adapt your audio content to other media such as video
• Organizes your recordings by creation date and tags with geo location
• Export files as compressed .m4a or uncompressed .wav (the .wav export function is available for in-app purchase)
• Recording time is only limited by the storage space on your iOS device
• Audiobus Support*
• Audio Copy
• FULL version also available with all features enabled for full functionality
• 8 intelligent effects processors automatically optimize your recordings – no audio knowledge required! (The free Optimize Level processor appears after registering; the additional effects processors are available for in-app purchase)
1. Optimize Level: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
2. Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
3. Cleanup: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings
4. Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
5. Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
6. Speed up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
7. Slow down: increases the duration the speed of the recording without altering its pitch
8. Change Pitch: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
iRig Recorder is also available as a FULL version with all features enabled for full functionality.
For more information: www.ikmultimedia.com/irigrecorder
* requires iPhone 4, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 or later …
Ratings & Reviews
Clear but Relatively Costly
I found the iRig MIC Cast to provide more clarity than the built-in iPhone mic. This is however at an almost similar volume to the I found the iRig MIC Cast to provide more clarity than the built-in iPhone mic. This is however at an almost similar volume to the built-in mic which is a little of a disappointment even at the Hi volume setting.
I tested this with video recordings from Filmic Pro at 48kHz, 128kbps, mono. The subject was about two to three feet away. The recording was played back on my MacBook Air's built-in speakers. …
- Written by Jui Hsiang T from Singapore
5 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does it work on the i phone 4
- Asked by Ellis D from Perth
- Answered by Matheus S from Melbourne