Adobe® Illustrator CS6
Adobe® Illustrator CS6
Adobe® Illustrator® CS6 software is powered by the new Mercury Performance System that delivers native 64-bit support for both Mac OS and Windows.® You can now work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files. An updated interface streamlines daily tasks, and new creative options let you design and edit seamless patterns, leverage a new image-tracing engine, and apply gradients to strokes. Spend less time waiting and more time creating.
Sophisticated vector drawing tools
Create distinctive designs with precise shape-building tools, fluid and painterly brushes, and advanced path controls.
Integration with other Adobe solutions
Move projects smoothly from design to print or digital output, thanks to tight integration with industry-leading Adobe software, such as Adobe Photoshop,® InDesign,® After Effects,® Acrobat,® and more.
Mercury Performance System
Work with precision, speed, and rock-solid stability on large, complex files due to native 64-bit support on Mac OS and Windows with RAM and overall performance optimisation.
Multiple art boards
Organise and view up to 100 artboards of varying sizes overlapping or on a grid. Quickly add, delete, reorder, and name. Save, export, and print independently or together.
Gradients and transparency
Interact with gradients directly on your object, defining the dimension of elliptical gradients, editing colours, and adjusting opacity. Even create gradients on strokes and meshes.
Crisp graphics and text for web and mobile
Create and align vector objects precisely on the file's pixel grid for clean, sharp raster graphics. Use text anti-aliasing options for individual text frames.
Confidently convert raster images to editable vectors with a powerful tracing engine. Get clean lines, accurate fitting, and reliable colour results using simple, intuitive controls.
Use perspective grids to draw shapes and scenes in accurate 1-, 2-, or 3-point linear perspective, creating the look of realistic depth and distance.
Easily create seamlessly tiled vector patterns. Experiment freely with different types of repeating patterns that can be edited at any time for maximum design flexibility.
Industry-standard graphic file formats
Work with almost any type of graphic file—including PDF, EPS, FXG, Photoshop (PSD), TIFF, GIF, JPEG, SWF, SVG, DWG, DXF, and more.
- Sophisticated vector drawing tools
- Integration with other Adobe solutions
- Mercury Performance System
- Multiple artboards
- Gradients and transparency
- Crisp graphic and text for web and mobile
- Image Trace
- Perspective drawing
- Pattern creation
- Industry-standard graphic file formats
- In-panel appearance editing
- Adobe PDF file creation tools
Did you notice?The new Mercury Performance System delivers native 64-bit support for both Mac OS and Windows, so you can work with precision, speed, and stability on large, complex files. An updated interface streamlines daily tasks, and new creative options let you create and edit seamless vector patterns, leverage a new tracing engine, and apply gradients to strokes.
Apple Recommends ForIndustry-standard vector graphics software, used worldwide by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile.
What's in the Box?
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media: DVD
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 to v10.8
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
- 2GB of available hard-drive space for installation; additional free space required during installation. Cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices.
- 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
- 1024 by 768 resolution (12800 by 800 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- Mfr. Part Number: 65165576
- UPC or EAN No.: 5051254537762
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Vector Graphics!! Look no further.
Adobe Illustrator is the Graphic Arts Industry standard Vector Graphics Application. Used primarily by all Graphic Designers aroun Adobe Illustrator is the Graphic Arts Industry standard Vector Graphics Application. Used primarily by all Graphic Designers around the world. It has comprehensive list of outstanding features. Since vector images are resolution independent, they are ideal for logos, illustrations or other designs that may need to be drastically resized. The perspective tool is simple incredible. In two words. Simple Awesome!! …
- Written by Dave V from Naperville
17 of 20 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have 2 computers..can I load one copy on both of them?
- Asked by Serena J from Cumming
No answers yet
Is there a student copy of CS6 for lower than 599.95?
- Asked by Betty M from Calgary
Check out: Adobe® CS6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition Bundle. This works out much cheape Check out: Adobe® CS6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition Bundle. This works out much cheaper for Students. …
- Answered by Michael S
No, you can only upgrade from CS3,4,5.
- Answered by Leona H
I would like to know id is possible to trial the adobe illustator for 30 days? thanks
- Asked by Marcellie V from Tokyo
You can download a trial of the software from www.adobe.com
Click on Downloads on the top bar of th You can download a trial of the software from www.adobe.com
Click on Downloads on the top bar of the Adobe website and this will take you to a list of all the featured downloadable products available. …
- Answered by Jane H from Stirling