Blue Microphones' Tiki is the first USB mic that mimics the intelligence of human hearing by focusing on desired sounds, minimising background noise and knowing when to mute altogether. It combines proprietary noise-cancelling technology, Voice Isolation and Intelligent Mute to dramatically improve the intelligibility of online communication via iChat and Skype. Compact as a standard USB flash drive, Tiki offers two mode selections: Intelligent Speech Mode for superior intelligibility of communication and Natural Recording Mode for recording a wider range of sound sources including instruments, singing or podcast recording.
- Intelligent ultra-compact USB microphone
- Improves vocal clarity for online communication and voice-recognition software
- Brings your voice to the forefront using voice isolation and noise-cancelling technology
- Eliminates computer fan and typing noise by intelligently auto-muting
- Recording mode optimised for podcasts and music recording
- Multi-coloured LED indicates muting status and mode
- Two custom condenser capsules with advanced DSP
- Plug-n-play Mac and PC with no drivers needed
- Similar in size to a standard USB flash drive
Did you notice?Mimics the intelligence of the human voice by focusing on desired sounds and minimising or muting background noise.
Apple Recommends ForCrystal clear online communication via iChat and Skype on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Tiki USB Microphone
- User guide
- Extended USB docking cable
- Carrying case
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB
- USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7/Vista/XP
- 64 MB
- USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number : 1998
- UPC or EAN No. : 836213001998
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
The Blue Tiki mic worked really well on my Macbook Air. Once. By then it had destroyed my USB port. When I installed it I noticed it was a little snug. The USB plug is open at the top and the base is quite thick gauge metal. I though it was tight on the sides of the port, so was quite careful sliding it in - but no. The tightness was caused by it destroying the pins in the UBS port itself. It just felt a little tight going in, that's all. When I finished using it I took it out, also tight. Put the iPod cable back in and that's when I noticed that the plug didn't seat properly so I took a look. Sure enough the pins were stuffed. I've contacted Blue to see what their response will be. But now I've got a mic I can't use and a MacBook that needs fixing. Not very happy! …
- Written by Martin N from Lower Hutt
2 of 2 people found this useful
Looks Great, Sound Unclear, Muddy, Over Processed
I was looking for a mic for my iMac to try and improve the quality of pickup for Skype calls over the internal mic. I currently us e a headset, which sounds very clear, but I don't like having to wear it for long calls, or video calls.
The Blue Tiki looked to be a potential answer, but the sound quality was pretty poor. Marginally better the the built in iMac, but only barely intelligible in testing. The levels were all over the place, and the sound was muddy. I tried to switch it into the more natural "purple mode", but the mode selection button was very temperamental, and I only managed to switch it once in many attempts. When I did switch it over, audio wasn't much better. I also tested it in its more native configuration, in a USB port on the side of my MacBook, but that didn't improve performance either.
Genuinely disappointed as I had high hopes. Hope others have better luck, and that I can find an option that works (much) better for my situation. …
- Written by George D from Warrimoo
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Would this microphone work well for use as a lecture hall recorder to go along with class notes taken as the professor lectures? (I sit front row.)
- Asked by Aaron W from Omaha
No answers yet
- Asked by Dana B from Pittsburgh
Yes, this mic has multiple settings. The Mic will glow blue for Intelligent Speech Mode, conference calls, online chats etc. (It recognizes that you re not talking and turns orange). But has a Purple setting for Natural Recording Mode used for recording vocals, instruments, podcasts and more including voiceover on iMovie etc. …
- Answered by David B