Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac
Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac
These days security isn’t just for PC users. Anyone can be susceptible to fraudulent sites set up to steal login IDs, credit card details, personal information – in effect your online identity. Or even infected legitimate sites that could download spyware onto your Mac just by your landing on the page.
Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac will tell you when a site is unsafe and block any malware that tries to install itself surreptitiously on your Mac. It’s smart and fast, staying out of your way – until you need it.
- Installs faster, boots faster, scans smarter
- Blocks fraudulent sites set up to steal your login and/or credit card details
- Quietly blocks unauthorized access to your Mac
- Lets you adjust protection levels to suit where and how your Mac’s connected to the internet
- Daily protection updates run in the background to keep you and your Mac secure against the latest threats
- 4x7 online, chat and email support and 12x7 phone support available at no additional charge (regular internet connection and call charges may apply)
Did you notice?New Norton Safe Web flags unsafe sites right in your search results. You can even drill down into a detailed site report so you know the risks before you go.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting you and your Mac wherever you go on the internet that’s outside Apple’s domain
What's in the Box?
- Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac product CD for Mac OS X 10.7 (includes Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac for users with Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.4-10.6)
- 12 months protection for 1 Mac
- Internet Access: Internet Access Required
- Media: CD
- Mac OS X 10.7 (NIS 4 for Mac provided for Mac OS 10.4-10.6)
- Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2GB (Minimum recommended)
- Mfr. Part Number: 21201752
- UPC or EAN No.: 5397039278445
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Does Not Slow Down Your Computer
Contrary to the bad rap that Norton has received on other pages this product does exactly what it claims. It doesn't slow down yo Contrary to the bad rap that Norton has received on other pages this product does exactly what it claims. It doesn't slow down your computer, I have it installed on 4 Mac's and gives you the security you need with todays internet threats.
- Written by Joseph V from Delaware
56 of 59 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac suitable for my new MacBook Pro with Retina running OS X Mavericks?
- Asked by Owen B from Traralgon
do u have to use norton internet security for mac on a macbook or will any norton internet security work on a macbook??
- Asked by Patricia B from Coolah
It has to be Norton for Mac. If you're running Lion OS you have to use Internet security 5 for Mac. It has to be Norton for Mac. If you're running Lion OS you have to use Internet security 5 for Mac. If your using anything other then Lion then internet security 4 is what you need. …
- Answered by Joseph V from Delaware
Will Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac work properly with Mountain Lion without any problems?
- Asked by Anne H from St Lucia