Designed for Apple Magic Trackpad
Place any of the Magic Numpad films on your Magic Trackpad and then install the free software and you'll instantaneously get both Trackpad and Numpad functionality in one device.
Three custom layouts
You get three high-technology Magic Films that let you choose the type of functionality you want. Each film incorporates three exclusive layers: A bubble-proof re-usable material on the bottom, an ultra-soft antiglare material on top and high-quality printed "keys" in the middle for full protection. One film gives you a classic Numpad plus a Trackpad area; another provides a full Numpad (similar to the numeric keypad on an extended keyboard); and another offers the full Numpad along with six customisable keys.
A special feature allows the Magic Numpad to display a calculator on your screen to allow simple calculations without typing formulas into Excel.
Thanks to the Software Serial Card included, you can activate the downloaded software.
- Works exclusively with the Apple Magic Trackpad
- Three different films/layouts
- Transparent and Calculator modes
- Free software included
- Save space by integrating a Numpad with your Magic Trackpad
Did you notice?You get three high-technology Magic Films that let you choose the type of functionality you want.
Apple Recommends ForAdding numeric keypad and simple calculator functionality to your Apple Magic Trackpad.
What's in the Box?
- Three different Numpad films (NUM10, NUM20, NUM30)
- Software Serial Number card
- Black permanent pen
- Cleaning cloth
- Small cardboard bubble remover (for use when applying the films)
- Height: 3 cm
- Width: 15 cm
- Weight: 136 g
- Length: 15 cm
- UPC or EAN No.: 610563327522
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Apple Magic Trackpad not included
Ratings & Reviews
Not horrible, but needs better execution
I've been using Mobee's Magic Numpad for over a month now - and my overall impression is... it's ok. Like any product, there's go I've been using Mobee's Magic Numpad for over a month now - and my overall impression is... it's ok. Like any product, there's good and bad with it, so I thought I'd outline exactly what I've found so far:
- comes with three different overlays (choice is always nice)
- quick, easy access on/off button (allows use of trackpad as normal)
- offers numberpad to my wireless keyboard (just like wired one has)
- instant calculator button (I use this a lot)
- expensive, especially for what it is (vinyl and small app)
- doesn't "exactly" match the wireless keyboard aesthetics
- doesn't always pick up my taps (about 90% accurate though)
- hard to read (if you have to look at the keys, which you probably do)
To improve this product, Mobee needs to make it cheaper ($19.99 with free shipping would be a much more palatable price point)... Mobee, you aren't Apple. Also, make the number keys a more solid/opaque white, put a thin black line around them and black numbers on top. This will make it MUCH easier to read and perfectly match the wireless keyboard. Depending on your lighting conditions, the current translucent white/clear keys can be almost impossible to read. Plus, because these aren't real physical keys, you always "have" to look at them while typing - so maximum visibility is a must!
As for it's accuracy - this is occasionally frustrating. It's way too easy to mistakenly hit numbers, or tap too lightly. Which makes for a lot of unnecessary correcting. Like I say, I'm probably about 90% accurate - vs 98% on a physical keypad (to be fair, I'll probably get a bit better over time). But still, the software could use some improvement.
Overall, I have found it handy on more than one occasion (doing my taxes for example). But there are still a few too many glitches to make this a standout product. I applaude Mobee for trying to make really nice Apple-like accessories... and the Magic Numpad is a good idea - it just needs better execution. …
- Written by Randy R from Victoria
198 of 215 people found this useful
Does not work
It does not work. As simple as that. I have to enter and exit numpad mode using the Apple keyboard, and when I'm in numpad mode It does not work. As simple as that. I have to enter and exit numpad mode using the Apple keyboard, and when I'm in numpad mode none of the "keys" work. Their support site is rife with similar complaints. So basically all this functions as is a way to disable my magic trackpad. I'll be calling Apple in the morning to return it. Don't waste your money. …
- Written by Jeff A from SHORELINE
120 of 141 people found this useful
You can NOT "count" on it...
The taps, the misses, the duplication ... you can't rely on the accuracy at all.
- Written by Craig S from MIAMI BEACH
112 of 131 people found this useful
Doesn't function as a real replacement for a keypad
I purchased product as it was a bit cheaper than a wireless number keypad and I was getting rid of my wired keyboard. I use the nu I purchased product as it was a bit cheaper than a wireless number keypad and I was getting rid of my wired keyboard. I use the number pad a fair bit but this is basically unusable for me.
Very slow to react, if you hit numbers at speed does not always register. If you use the number pad regularly would not recommend. …
- Written by Darragh G from Dublin
5 of 5 people found this useful
Just doesn't work
I have owned this product for several years but never got the software to consistently recognize where i was pressing on the track I have owned this product for several years but never got the software to consistently recognize where i was pressing on the trackpad. I couldn't even switch it off as it didn't recognize when I pressed the area on the trackpad devoted to switching between numpad and trackpad mode. Plus the numpad works in only a limited number of applications. Don't waste your money - great idea but hopeless execution. Guess I have to find a wireless keyboard with proper numerical keypad now …
- Written by CHARLES L from Rye
1 of 1 people found this useful
Does not work
Does not work, it is very frustrating
- Written by Margaret R from Denville
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this compatible with OSX Mavericks?
- Asked by Jessica B from North Hollywood
No answers yet
Will this work if applied to the trackpad on the MacBook Pro, or only on the Magic Trackpad itself?
- Asked by Keli J from Kansas City
No unfortunately not, it only works with the magic trackpad because of the size of the films and the No unfortunately not, it only works with the magic trackpad because of the size of the films and the software is only designed for the magic trackpad and not the trackpad on the MacBook. …
- Answered by Scott D from Colorado Springs
Since the trackpad itself works, will this work in Windows 7 via Parallels 7?
- Asked by Joseph W from Holbrook
In the Parallels Application, go to Devices / Keyboard / Click on Numlock. This worked for me.
- Answered by Jorge T from Babson Park
Does it go with the wireless keyboard?
- Asked by Jody L from Sioux City
Does Mobee Magic Numpad great for oily wet fingers? I wanna know it's smooth or not. Thank you.
- Asked by Hao Bing W from Elmhurst