The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm colour* using affordable, individual inks. Plus, it's AirPrint enabled so you can print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable colour printing. And with HP ePrint – now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- AirPrint-enabled for wireless printing from iOS devices
- Efficient web connectivity – even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 10.9 cm CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality colour printing from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide and CD-ROMs
- Display Size: 10.9 cm
- Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MiniSD, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 315 mm/12.40 in.
- Width: 492.8 mm/19.40 in.
- Weight: 12.62 kg
- Length: 414 mm/16.30 in.
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Trays: 2
- Max Paper Size: A4
- Min Paper Size: 7.6 x 12.7 cm
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300 MB free space
- 256 MB
- Available USB port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB free space
- 1 GB
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111607440
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Does it all... Does it all pretty well, A+ HP
This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our fami This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our family of 6 with 3 soon to be 4 school age children. It prints pics beautifully, and documents quickly - LOVE the duplex option, that really saves on paper. The paper tray holds half a ream of paper, and the biggest plus is the cartridges - they cost around $10 more per pack than cartridges for other printers, however they print almost 3x the number of sheets, making for very cost effective printing. Scanning, emailing, and faxing options are plentiful and easy to use. Configuration was truly automated so setup was a snap and the software is very versatile and easy to use. Of course the added bonus was AirPrint - which has come in very handy in a household with 2 MacBooks, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, and 2 iPod Touch's. You won't be disappointed with this printer, and if it's as durable as our last HP it'll be trusty for many years to come. We've been using it for about three months at the time of this review. …
- Written by Stacy P from Bremerton
224 of 239 people found this useful
Great all-rounder for the office
This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other offi This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other office printers) - it is very fast and is AirPrint compatible. You could also scan-to-email or scan-to-network-folder directly from the printer's control panel …
- Written by Winfried T from DETTENHAUSEN
169 of 180 people found this useful
The best Inkjet I've ever owned.
This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/ This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/from email, etc. over the internet, AirPrint/e-print does it all. Scanner and Copier very fast. I have the premium, dual paper tray model. Unbelievable value, and its an office jet, so the high volume cartridges are VERY cost effective cost/page b/w and color. …
- Written by Shawn S from Houston
162 of 175 people found this useful
Connection Problems with Macs - not Mac friendly
Works flawlessly with my son's PC Windows machine.
However, for some unknown reason, it would suddenly stop printing from my Works flawlessly with my son's PC Windows machine.
However, for some unknown reason, it would suddenly stop printing from my iMac when I installed a new printer cartridge. All other functions worked (except scan to computer which never worked). Hard reboots would restore printer connections.
Now nothing works. It's only 3 months old. I run 10.9.1 on my mac laptop and 10.8.6 on my desktop iMac. Neither can print. Test prints from computers using the HP software work fine. Static IP addresses didn't work (my ISP doesn't allow static IPS anyway I found out). I have now spent many hours trying to get this printer to print. It is the worst HP printer I have used since my first one in 1990. …
- Written by Gregory R from Chicago
2 of 2 people found this useful
- Ethernet auto-negotiation with Netgear switch not working, manual config required
- DHCP with Synology Server not working, manu - Ethernet auto-negotiation with Netgear switch not working, manual config required
- DHCP with Synology Server not working, manual IP set-up required
- Scanner via LAN not working on all MacOS 10.9 machines (three), Printing unreliable
- USB connection is working, needed in parallel to LAN to use scanner, so only one of three computers can use the scanner.
- password protection of config webserver unusable
- No WPS-EAP support for WIFI
- no ntp support, time has to be changed manually twice a year.
This printer is advertised as a network printer for small workgroups and offices - it's not!
Worst network set-up for any printer I've ever encountered, took me hours to get all functions working in a LAN with three computers.
Not recommended for unexperienced users or people who have no time to waste to find workarounds for bad programming. …
- Written by Frank D from Berlin
2 of 2 people found this useful
Great for PC, rubbish for for Mac.
I used this very expensive printer with my previous Windows based laptop, which worked wonderfully, both the printing and the scan I used this very expensive printer with my previous Windows based laptop, which worked wonderfully, both the printing and the scanning. Was very happy with it.
Recently, I decided to finally go the Mac way. Unfortunately, this printer that worked wonderfully before, became a bulky $50 dollar or less printer. It only works through USB, cannot print through Wifi, the scanner does not work.
What I'm doing? Sounds very dumb, but I'm emailing the docs to my Windows based PC to print the docs, and to scan documents.
Do not waste money on this printer if you intend to use it solely with a Mac.
If you are a PC owner, the I would recommend it. It woks fabulously in Windows! …
- Written by Francisco R from Adelaide
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the 8600 plus work with OSX 10.9.1
- Asked by John W from Winnipeg
Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're usi Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're using the original printer disc. Apple care helped me get it via HP's website under HP8600 Plus e-All-in One Printer - N911g Driver. Select your OSX then select the Driver Product Installation software. It's there, but HP makes it tough to find. …
- Answered by Sandra S from Red Lion
Does this printer have wireless fax or eFax capability? It says just Fax on the box but I need eFax. Thanks. Tracy
- Asked by Tracy T from Warrenton
Is it capable of scanning from a book or magazine
- Asked by Elma H
Yes you may put the book or mag down flat on the scanner and press scan
- Answered by Jack D from Brisbane
Is this printer capable of double-sided printing?
- Asked by Aimee R from Centerville
- Answered by Amy B from Bellbrook