With the improved audio performance of Bose® AE2i audio headphones, you can immerse yourself in your music. Plus, enjoy convenient control of select iPod, iPhone and iPad models and take calls on your iPhone with one-touch ease.
The inline remote and microphone let you control volume, track selection, and voice applications. The around-ear fit also stays comfortable for hours. The enhanced TriPort acoustic headphone structure – available from Bose® – lets Bose® AE2i headphones deliver the full, low notes of your music, reproduce high frequencies with more clarity and offer smoother audio throughout the entire frequency range.
Hours of comfort
Improvements to the ear cushions, in both design and materials, provide a more comfortable fit. In addition, engineering enhancements to the headband produce reduced clamping force and better weight distribution across the top of the head. The advanced product design and durable materials contribute to lasting quality, while the sleek fold-flat design and convenient carry bag provide for easier storage and transport.
- Delivers the full, low notes of your music
- Reproduces high frequencies with more clarity and offers smoother audio throughout the entire frequency range
- Enhanced TriPort acoustic headphone structure —available only from Bose
- Inline remote and microphone to control volume, track selection and voice applications
- Around-ear headphone design features soft cushions that provide an acoustic seal between the headphones and the user's head
- Adjustable headband allows approximately 7.6 cm/3 in. of adjustment in length
- Sturdy design features soft cushion for added comfort
- Lasting quality made possible by an advanced product design and durable materials
- Fold-flat earcups allow for easy storage and transport
- Detachable cable on a single earcup means less tangling and greater freedom of movement than Y-cables
- Drawstring carry bag stores headphones for convenient transport
Did you notice?Soft earpads provide hours of comfortable listening.
Apple Recommends ForHear the music on your iPod, iPhone or iPad with superb clarity.
What's in the Box?
- Bose® AE2i Over-Ear Headphones
- Carry bag
- Other Features: Foldable, With Remote and Mic, Works Without Batteries
- Form Factor: Over Ear
- Cable Length: 169.0 cm
- Height: 7.5 in./19.05 cm
- Width: 6.0 in./15.24 cm
- Weight: 140.0 g
- Length: 1.5 in./3.81 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 345444-0010
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817553490
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
133-622 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
I've had these headphones for a few days and I can't believe how much they've improved the listening experience. As someone who ha I've had these headphones for a few days and I can't believe how much they've improved the listening experience. As someone who has never spent more than $40 on a pair of headphones, I was hesitant to put down nearly $200 on what I suspected would be only a marginal improvement. I was wrong.
The design of the ear cups is such that, even after working and wearing them for six hours straight, my ears never hurt. They seem to have been designed so that no physical pressure is put on the ears at all. The cushions encapsulate the ears and rest directly on your head. Brilliant.
I work in a shared, sometimes distractingly noisy, studio space. While these headphones are not actively noise-cancelling (they don't use microphones to reduce outside noise) they do effectively shut out most unwanted sound. Since buying these headphones it's been much easier to keep focused when things have gotten a little rowdy.
Sound quality, at least compared with what I'm used to, is superb. I'm hearing things in my favorite music that I've never heard before. Especially in the low end. I can't get over that.
I feel a little foolish for having waited so long to upgrade something I use each and every day. But I couldn't be happier now that I've made the switch. …
- Written by Jason H from Brooklyn
181 of 185 people found this useful
Good for the price; minor flaws
The Bose AE2i are my third pair of "hi-fi" headphones that I do not regret purchasing, but feel could have improvements on.
The The Bose AE2i are my third pair of "hi-fi" headphones that I do not regret purchasing, but feel could have improvements on.
The headphones themselves are sleek, and dare I say, "classy." The flexibility of the headband is impressive and I feel that they go where the rival(?) Beats Solo HD's (which were discounted to match the AE2i's price in-store, might I add) would have broken. The comfort is extremely amazing as even after long hours of usage, it doesn't make me feel any less comfortable than I did putting them on.
I must note, however, that these headphones, however good they are, MUST HAVE a burn-in period. I recommend about 100 hours of it just to feel the true power of the drivers.
Now for the one thing that peeves me quite a bit...I also can't help but notice that the left side of the headphones are more bass-heavy and louder than the right. It may just be me, but a few other people seem to notice this.
The 'phones, unfortunately, are also "cheap-feeling," even with its classy look. How? You can feel the headphone speakers underneath the thin foam screen.
All in all, the headphones are great for the price they have and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good pair of 'phones. …
- Written by Aung K from Fort Myers
147 of 158 people found this useful
Perfect for Flight Travel
I'm not a fan of noise canceling tech and in ear buds cause ear irrations. The Bose AE2i are underrated headphones compared to the I'm not a fan of noise canceling tech and in ear buds cause ear irrations. The Bose AE2i are underrated headphones compared to the Dre Solo marketing gimmick. The AE2i is far more comfortable with the same quality sound. It is ideal for flight travel. The around ear support is non obtrusive and can withstand the noises from jet engines, irritable infants and snoring passengers. The next time you fly, I recommend listening to steve jobs audiobook with these bad boys. …
- Written by ANDREW V from Centreville
124 of 132 people found this useful
Not compatible with the ipad mini smart case
The jack doesnt go in when I am trying to connect it to my new ipad mini inside the apple smart case...
- Written by Gourab S from Kolkata
1 of 2 people found this useful
Falls Off Head
The Bose headsets are just too large for my head, fall off. The quality of the pad is not leather, flakes. Sound is decent but n The Bose headsets are just too large for my head, fall off. The quality of the pad is not leather, flakes. Sound is decent but not stellar like the Bose Sounddock 10. Ears plug up, block. …
- Written by Donna Sue T from Thousand Oaks
0 of 1 people found this useful
My criteria, cost, weight and compatibility with Ipod gen. 7. Very happy weight was a consideration. Definitely would not want any My criteria, cost, weight and compatibility with Ipod gen. 7. Very happy weight was a consideration. Definitely would not want anything heavier than this 4.9 oz
I find the set comfortable with the ability to be tight while working to barely touching when sitting/traveling.
I found the sound incredible but I listen to 50% language tapes 50% music .
With the earmuff design there is some noise cancelation that I actually like, not enough that you're not aware of your surroundings.
I read criticism about plastic parts, I would gladly accept plastic vs weight. Pleased with quality of construction.
Would give 5 stars if product would fold smaller for travel …
- Written by Betsy W from Vouvant
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the AE2i plug into a 4th generation Shuffle?
- Asked by Darryl H from Briarcliff Manor
Can this take calls and directly go into the adobe recording program for a radio show that takes calls on the air or to record?
- Asked by April K from Port St Lucie
can bose headset be used on ipad
- Asked by Ifeoma I from Dallas
- Answered by Aung Yarza T
Can the phone be answered through these head phones
- Asked by Liana H from Kimberley
Sure for i Phone 4,4S & 5.
- Answered by Aung Yarza T
Can the Bose AE2i Over-Ear Headphones with Mic and Remote be used for an iPhone 4s
- Asked by John B
Yes they can, they work very well with my iPhone 4S.
- Answered by Chai L from Mount Isa