Just like MacBook Air, BookBook is extra light and ultra-thin. This genuine leather case has rigid hardback covers with reinforced corners to protect MacBook Air from impacts, yet it weighs a mere 13.5 ounces. And its soft, chocolate brown, padded interior helps preserve the finish on your Mac.
You can use BookBook like a traditional sleeve. Or you can secure your MacBook Pro in place with the elastic corner bands, so you're free to use it without removing BookBook. This unique case also provides an additional level of security by disguising your MacBook Air as a vintage novel.
- One-of-a-kind case looks disguises MacBook Air as a vintage novel
- Genuine leather and hand-distressed finish
- Weighs as little as 13.5 ounces at slightly more than an inch thick
- Cornices provide a visual cue so you always open case right-side up
- Dual zippers allow access to ports on either side of MacBook Air
- Velvety, padded interior adds another element of protection
Did you notice?BookBook cleverly disguises your MacBook, helping to keep it out of sight when not in use.
Apple Recommends ForA handsome protective case for your MacBook that's durable yet light and ultra-thin.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South 11" BookBook for MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Leather
- Weight: 13.5 oz./382.72 g
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1103
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002245
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
this is what i was looking for, u can even charge your Mac while the laptop is inside the cover
- Written by ahmd A from vancouver
212 of 239 people found this useful
Like Fine Scotch
This case make me want to write a novel [with Scotch in-hand], and you how much engineers like to write documentation...
Seriou This case make me want to write a novel [with Scotch in-hand], and you how much engineers like to write documentation...
Seriously, very perfectly fitted - it adds just the right amount of protection that gives me confidence, but not too much as to compromise the slimness of the MacBook Air.
I generally like a technical clean look of a case, but this one brings a whole new dimension - it feels like a well worn wallet, the kind that just feels good when its in your hands. …
- Written by Tom S from Orchard Park
151 of 177 people found this useful
Best Case Ever
Wow... Have to hand it to the folks at Twelve South... this is the perfect case for the Air. The price does seem a tad high, but Wow... Have to hand it to the folks at Twelve South... this is the perfect case for the Air. The price does seem a tad high, but compared to the other offerings out there (all from like $40-60) it's really not so much more, and with free shipping, definitely worth it.
Only complaint is now my Mom wants one just for her papers and I'm concerned about the way she's eyeing mine... she's already proclaimed "it will be mine" someday. …
- Written by William J. M from Toronto
132 of 149 people found this useful
This case is very nice looking and I like the leather. Unfortunately after very little use over a couple of months time, the cheap This case is very nice looking and I like the leather. Unfortunately after very little use over a couple of months time, the cheap zipper came apart. Beware of the zipper. I won't order another one, I will go to some other type of case. …
- Written by ALLAN P from BATON ROUGE
1 of 1 people found this useful
I have owned and loved my 11" MacBook Air variant of the BookBook for almost 3 months now and it is FANTASTIC! It looks great, it I have owned and loved my 11" MacBook Air variant of the BookBook for almost 3 months now and it is FANTASTIC! It looks great, it smells of leather, and feels fantastic in the hand. I constantly get compliments and almost no one recognizes that it is anything other than a book.
It takes in the scratches and dings and soon looks older than it is. Of course, this is easily remedied with a little saddle soap, mink oil, or shoe polish. It helps blend the scuffs to an aged and cherished look. It also adds a little bit of water proofing and additional protection.
My only con on my BookBook is that the elastic retention straps have separated from the cover. It is still beautiful and serves as a functional sleeve for my MacBook Air but... it no longer has that satisfactory sensation of opening a book to reveal my MacBook.
All-in-all, this is a great product that I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone who enjoys the look, feel, and smell of leather or that special bibliophile in your life. …
- Written by Steven G from Craftsbury Common
Book book case
My only complaint is that there is only straps to hold the top screen of the laptop, but none for the bottom. The laptop can slide My only complaint is that there is only straps to hold the top screen of the laptop, but none for the bottom. The laptop can slide out far too easily and by simply adding a couple elastic straps at the bottom this could have easily been resolved. Other than this the case is excellent. Also note the outer leather scratches very easily but this actually helps with its look. …
- Written by Kenneth Z from Crown Point
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what about ventilation? i noticed there are no holes for the air flow?
- Asked by Sabina J from St Pete
Isn't it too big this case for the new macbook pro retina 2013?
- Asked by Jesus P
I just bought one for the new 13" MacBook Pro Retina and it's perfect! I wasn't too sure either at I just bought one for the new 13" MacBook Pro Retina and it's perfect! I wasn't too sure either at first so I went on Twelve South site and started to place my order until they showed me the SKU number. It was the same SKU as in the Apple Store. You save the shipping fee and the duty fees by ordering it on the Apple Store. …
- Answered by Kathleen G from Ste-julie
What are the dimensions of this case? I am especially curious about the width of the spine.
- Asked by Elizabeth M from Sacramento
Is there a concern for lack of ventilation with the Twelve South BookBook?
- Asked by Jessica G from Woodbury
I have never experienced any difficulties. The spine doses move a bit off the back of the computer w I have never experienced any difficulties. The spine doses move a bit off the back of the computer when it's opened. …
- Answered by Ronald S from Lehi
is there a place to store the electrical cord?
- Asked by Luann B from Salt Lake City
No. It's slim. You might be able to slip a few pieces of paper in with the MacBook Air.
- Answered by Ronald S from Lehi
There is a lot of discussion about the fit for a MacBook Pro with Retina display. Do you think it fits well? Will it move or scratch against the zips?
- Asked by Kim P from Fitzroy North