Never replace batteries again with Mobee's magical wireless inductive charger for the Magic Mouse. The sleek and unobtrusive design lets your mouse rest easy on a sleek charging station that plugs in to a USB port. The set up takes just a minute.
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable.
- Six days of autonomous power on a full charge
- Easy set up—can be completed in a minute
- USB powered
- Slim and light, so it's ideal for mobile users
- Go green and stop replacing AA batteries
Did you notice?A steady green LED means you’re fully charged and ready for action.
Apple Recommends ForUninterrupted use of your Magic Mouse without having to hunt down AA batteries.
What's in the Box?
- Battery pack
- Base station
- Mini USB cable
- Connections: USB
- Height: 0.35 in./0.9cm
- Width: 2.55 in./6.5cm
- Weight: 1.94 oz./55g (Base station); 1.30 oz./37g (Replacement battery pack)
- Length: 4.64 in./11.8cm
- UPC or EAN No.: 661799027915
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
More of an $$$ gadget than useful
I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 da I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 days without a recharge, so I decided to push it and see how long it goes. After 4 days, the Mac battery level was reading 9%, so I decided to charge it. The first overnight charge was OK, back to 100% and the light on the charger was solid green. The 2nd (and subsequent) charges worked, but the green flashing light did not go solid.
My test was to turn off the mouse and let it charge. It worked and the green light went solid after a night charge. When the mouse is left on (on/off switch), then the charger thinks it's not fully charged and keeps flashing.
A few things to remember:
- The unit comes with a USB cable for charging, but no charger. They assume that you will use your Mac or laptop to charge it. If your Mac goes to sleep, the port goes dead and you can not charge the unit. You need an external power supply such as iPhone charger.
- Rechargeable batteries are 1.25 volts rather than 1.5 volts of a AA battery, so your battery gauge on the Mac is inaccurate.
- Since the unit uses electronics for charging, your battery is even smaller and has less of a lifetime than 2 AA rechargeables. I recommend charging every other night to be safe.
Their tech support says that it's working the way it should, and if I turn off the mouse while charging, or take the battery back out and leave it on the charger by itself (their suggestion) the light goes to solid green but if I leave the mouse on, the light keeps flashing. I personally don't know anyone who turns off their mouse or takes the batteries out every night. …
- Written by Sean A from Escondido
1355 of 1466 people found this useful
Works great when it works. When it doesn't, contact Mobee.
I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my Magic Mouse stayed connected. At about 4 weeks, I started having issues with the mouse disconnecting. This problem became more frequent until then it would not even charge correctly. I contacted Mobee and they agreed that I had a defective product. They promptly replaced it (kudos to them), and so far it has worked well for the past week or so. Let's hope I just got unlucky and that this replacement will continue to work well. …
- Written by Camilo M from Arcadia
642 of 718 people found this useful
Amazing product !!!
I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its GREEN ! keep up the good work MOBEE !...We do need a charger for keyboard too plz ! …
- Written by jonathan S
444 of 598 people found this useful
poorly designed product
The battery pack didn't fit into place well in my mouse. The metal tab snapped. Charging slow, sometimes weirdly didn't charge at The battery pack didn't fit into place well in my mouse. The metal tab snapped. Charging slow, sometimes weirdly didn't charge at all. …
- Written by Ashleigh G from Oxford
Poor battery life
In the beginning this product seemed to work "okay"; I had to charge it like once a week orso, with an activity of max 4 hours a d In the beginning this product seemed to work "okay"; I had to charge it like once a week orso, with an activity of max 4 hours a day. But nowadays I have to charge the battery every day and sometimes twice a day. It just drains a whole lot and it seems to be getting worse. Too bad because I thought it was a nice product. At least better than changing batteries all the time …
- Written by Daniël T from Breda
Works as Promised
Very happy with this product. Have been using for the past year without issue. I have paired it with the a Logitech Solar keyboard Very happy with this product. Have been using for the past year without issue. I have paired it with the a Logitech Solar keyboard and I never have to worry about batteries anymore. Lovely. …
- Written by Ellen J C from Watertown
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it come with a USB power adapter
- Asked by Ben K from Ypsilanti
It comes with a USB cable that you can plug into any USB port, but doesn't come with a power brick t It comes with a USB cable that you can plug into any USB port, but doesn't come with a power brick that plugs into a household outlet and provides a USB port. In other words, you need to provide the USB port to plug the cable into. …
- Answered by Caleb S from Catonsville
Can the batteries be charged at any time or do they need to be low before charging?
- Asked by Kevin K from Long Beach
Yes, you can charge the battery at any time, you don't need to wait a low battery
- Answered by Mobee T
How many charge cycles are specified for the battery pack?
- Asked by Harald G. S
500 cycles as-per-website video...
- Answered by Brian M from Anchorage
How long does it take to charge the batteries?
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hou To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable. …
- Answered by Doug S from Lake Villa
Do the batteries actually have to be in the mouse to charge on the charger?
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
No the battery pack can be charged directly on the charging station.
- Answered by Mobee T
Do the batteries inside the mouse have to be replaced?
- Asked by Tobi S from Prineville
No, They are encased in a holder. Just put in the mouse and forget.
- Answered by Paul D