The Harman Kardon SoundSticks III desktop sound system brings a new level of excitement to music, games and movies with a minimum of wiring—and looks spectacular doing it. You get a 6-inch, 20-watt downward-firing powered subwoofer; eight 1-inch full-range transducers; and plug-and-play compatibility with virtually any multimedia device.
- Four Harman Kardon Odyssey transducers with computer-optimised equalisation per satellite
- 6-inch, 20-watt downward firing powered subwoofer
- Easy-to-use touch controls
- Subwoofer volume control
- Angle-adjustable satellites
- Compatible with all devices with a stereo mini-jack output
- Incredible industrial design
Did you notice?The original Harman Kardon SoundSticks system is now in the permanent collection of New York City's Museum of Modern Art.
Apple Recommends ForExperience incredible sound quality for the music on your Mac — plus stunning industrial design.
What's in the Box?
- Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
- AC power cord
- 3.5 mm auxiliary cable
- Frequency Response: 44Hz-20kHz
- Connections: Headphone port
- Weight: 7.8 lb./3.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: SOUNDSTICKS3AM
- UPC or EAN No.: 282922578342
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Better than you can imagine
These are the best speakers I have ever used. They have an adjustable subwoofer, and you can go from zero bass to "feeling your in These are the best speakers I have ever used. They have an adjustable subwoofer, and you can go from zero bass to "feeling your insides vibrate" bass. There is no distortion when maxed out on volume in all areas, actually they seem to get clearer (always crisp, never "tin can" sounding) the louder you crank them. I have tried at least a dozen "headset/ computer" speakers, some that were more than triple the price and some that were comparable. They do not look great in pictures, almost cheap, but in person, they are stunning and solid. The unique design is very minimal modern. I move them around my house with my airport express, and people ask me what they are (they have no idea they are speakers unless they are on) They are so versatile, I will plug them into my ipod, iphone, itouch, the computer, the airport express, anything with a headset jack, and I have an incredible stand alone stereo system. If you can't tell, I love them. Just try them, if they don't shock you and win you over, you can always return them, but I highly doubt that will happen. …
- Written by Allison B from Fayetteville
629 of 663 people found this useful
These are WAY LOUDER THEN I THOUGHT!
Wow! Now, you look at these little speakers and probably say, they probably are very crisp, but are not that loud. These little gu Wow! Now, you look at these little speakers and probably say, they probably are very crisp, but are not that loud. These little guys CRANK. I play this off my computer in my house and i can hear it from everywhere. The subwoofer is so crisp. These were WAY louder then I thought. Amazing Product. Highly endorse. …
- Written by Keith N from venetia
552 of 589 people found this useful
Great little speakers
I was reading reviews on the bose three speakers which was what made me decide to choose these HK's, have to say I'm not disappoin I was reading reviews on the bose three speakers which was what made me decide to choose these HK's, have to say I'm not disappointed at all. They have a great sound & simple to hook up, and for the money you can't beat them. they have great highs & good bass, sound great with audio or as movie cinema. I would recommend them highly for the money. …
- Written by Randall B from Clarksville
387 of 405 people found this useful
I got my Harman Kardon SoundSticks V1 15 years ago and they are still going strong! Not blown out and sound great. They seemed pri I got my Harman Kardon SoundSticks V1 15 years ago and they are still going strong! Not blown out and sound great. They seemed pricey at the time, but have held up tremendously. …
- Written by Johnny S from New York
i must admit the blue tooth version was not up to standard so i got the 3rd generation none blue tooth and i am very happy, so i h i must admit the blue tooth version was not up to standard so i got the 3rd generation none blue tooth and i am very happy, so i have all 3 generations since its inception !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bravo …
- Written by Victor T from White Plains
Best sound speakers for the money by far if you don't want to go mobile.
I purchased the Harman Kardon a few years ago, and thought I would go back on the market to see what is available today in terms o I purchased the Harman Kardon a few years ago, and thought I would go back on the market to see what is available today in terms of sound quality and price, and I can't believe how little things have changed from a few years ago. This system rocks, you can adjust the bass, and I have connected them through an apple airplay device so that I have full control through any apple device in the house, which is awesome.
They are truly amazing to listen, and when you consider the cost, even more mind blowing!
Dear Harmon Kardon, I know you have released the one piece version of this, but you do not get the same stereo imagining as you do with you original version. …
- Written by Michael A from Vancouver
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can I use the headphone socket to connect the HK SoundSticks 111 on new mac mini
- Asked by Racheal S from La Font D'en Carros
Hi; Try going to system preferences. Then go to sound. Then go to "Select a device for sound output. Hi; Try going to system preferences. Then go to sound. Then go to "Select a device for sound output. There you should see
1) Internal speakers built in.
2) Not being used
When you hook up any speakers you need to tell the computer which set you want to use. Just click on the speakers that you
are going to use and you should be set. I have had to do this with my Mac Mini. Hope this helps.
Good lock, Scott. …
- Answered by Jeffrey W from Milwaukie
I would like to listen to classical music and jazz with these, on my MacAir. Will the sound be great?
- Asked by Leslie G from Rockland
yes. subwoofer is very powerful
- Answered by Wendi K from Hilo
does this support dual voltage? 220V?
- Asked by Chang L from Philadelphia
Despite negative answer I received from H/K, YES it has dual voltage input (bought in US via Interne Despite negative answer I received from H/K, YES it has dual voltage input (bought in US via Internet thru big, well-known vendor). …
- Answered by Alexei T from Cliffside Park
my Harmam/Kardon Sounstick iii speakers only have a USB connector, how can I make them work on my mac book pro?
- Asked by Steve C from Bend
Will these work with an iPod Classic ?
- Asked by John K from Downers Grove
- Answered by Wendi K from Hilo