Originally released October 2010
13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
256GB flash storage
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo|
|L2 Cache||6MB shared|
|Memory||2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard (4GB maximum)|
|Storage1||256GB of flash storage|
|Slot-loading optical drive||Optional external USB MacBook Air SuperDrive (sold separately)|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2|
|Video||FaceTime camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)|
|Display||13.3-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution|
|Ports||Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps); SD card slot|
|Audio||Stereo speakers, omnidirectional microphone, headphone minijack|
|Networking||Apple USB Ethernet Adapter (sold separately)|
|Wireless||AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)3 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|Size and weight||Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
Weight: 2.9 pounds (1.32 kg)4
All-Flash Storage. Instant-on gratification.
If you have an iPod, iPhone, or iPad, you’re already taking advantage of all that flash storage has to offer: reliability, speed, and efficiency. So the decision to use flash storage in an ultracompact notebook like MacBook Air makes perfect sense. Flash allows you to access data quickly, and it gives MacBook Air the astonishing ability to remain in standby mode for up to 30 days.5 Which means your MacBook Air snaps to in an instant, whether you open it tomorrow, next week, or next month.
Multi-Touch Trackpad. It’s love at first click, tap, and scroll.
The new MacBook Air includes a spacious Multi-Touch trackpad with a buttonless design, so you can click anywhere. The Multi-Touch trackpad also lets you pinch, swipe, or rotate to adjust an image, zoom in on text, or advance through a photo album. Try the four-finger swipe, swiping up or down to use Exposé and swiping left or right to switch among active applications. Or perform the new three-finger drag to move your windows from one place to another.
Long-Lasting Battery. Instant on. Even after a month off.
Since space-saving flash storage leaves room for a bigger battery, you can devote more time to the things you enjoy most. Things like browsing the web, editing photos, and watching videos. Get up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge on the 11-inch model and up to 7 hours on the 13-inch model. Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days.5 When you come back to your MacBook Air and open it up, it’s on in an instant. So you’re free to go off the grid knowing you’re still on a charge.
NVIDIA GeForce Graphics. Power in motion.
MacBook Air features the NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor — the same one used in the 13-inch MacBook Pro. With a performance boost of over 2x that of the previous-generation MacBook Air,6 the NVIDIA graphics processor provides outstanding speed and power for browsing photos, watching movies, or playing games. It also makes all the everyday things you do on MacBook Air — like writing email and surfing the web — fast and energy efficient.
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in September 2010 using preproduction 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Standby testing conducted by Apple in September 2010 using preproduction 1.86GHz and 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Air units as well as preproduction 1.4GHz and 1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter deep sleep mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2010 using preproduction 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 11-inch MacBook Air units with NVIDIA GeForce 320M. 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based 13-inch MacBook Air units with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M were production units. All preproduction systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. All production units were configured with 2GB of RAM. Call of Duty 4 v1.7.1 tested using Timedemoambush, Timedemobog, and Timedemopipeline at native resolutions. Portal v(4295)(400) tested using Mydemo1 at native resolutions. MacBook Air continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Refurbished MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe power adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Software Reinstall Drive
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included (pre-installed or on CD's/DVD's) with refurbished products, subject to availability.