Sales and Refund Policy
Thanks for shopping at Apple. We appreciate the fact that you like to buy the cool stuff we build. We also want to make sure you have a rewarding experience while you’re exploring, evaluating, and purchasing our products, whether you’re at the Apple Online Store, in an Apple Retail Store, or on the phone with the Apple Contact Center. (To make it easier to read, we will refer to these entities as the “Apple Store” in this policy.)
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education are as follows:
- a full time or part time student aged 18 or over with a current student union card or student identification card and studying at an accredited Australian university or other Apple approved institution;
- or a lecturer or staff member at an accredited Australian university; or
- a teacher or lecturer working at an Apple approved and registered education establishment within Australia.
We may require evidence of your eligibility. We reserve the right to cancel some of or part of your order if we become aware that you are not a student, teacher or lecturer as set out above or if your purchases are not for your own personal, education, or research use. If we cancel your order in these circumstances, we will inform you in writing and refund any money that you may have paid.
Apple may approve and register an education establishment in its sole discretion.
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year. Not all products have special Education Pricing.
- Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- iPad: Two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.
Importantly, the rights described in this policy are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
Please note there may be limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for products, however these limits will always be subject to your statutory rights.
For any undamaged product, simply return it with its included accessories and packaging along with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product and we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. However, please note that we will only remit refunds to a Australian bank account where the name of the bank account holder matches the payor’s name/information. Please also note that we only remit refunds domestically and cannot remit refunds outside of Australia. In addition, please note the following.
- Products can be returned only in the country in which they were originally purchased.
- Except where required under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable consumer protection laws or regulations, the following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program, Apple Gift Cards, and any Apple Developer products.
- In the case of items returned with a gift receipt, Apple will offer you an Apple Gift Card equal to the purchase price of the gift, including tax and any other fees.
- Except where required under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable consumer protection laws or regulations, opened software cannot be returned if it contained a seal with the software license on the outside of the package and you could read the software license before opening its packaging. As an exception, you may return Apple- branded software if you do not agree to the licensing terms; however, you may not retain or otherwise use any copies of returned software.
- For returns to an Apple Retail Store for cash, cash equivalent, and cheque transactions over AUD $870, Apple will refund by bank transfer.
- Should you wish to return ten or more of the same product, you must return to the Apple Store where originally purchased.
- Apple provides security features to enable you to protect your product in case of loss or theft. If these features have been activated and cannot be disabled by the person in possession of the phone, Apple may refuse the return or exchange.
Wireless carriers have different service-cancellation policies. Returning your iPhone or iPad may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. An iPhone purchased in conjunction with a post-paid contract is not eligible for return at the Apple Store. Please contact your mobile carrier for contract cancellation details. Please contact your wireless service provider for more information.
Apple Watch from the Edition collection may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of purchase for a full refund if it’s in its original, undamaged and unmarked condition after passing inspection at Apple’s offsite facility. Depending on your original form of tender, a check, wire transfer, or refund to your debit/credit card will be issued within 10 business days provided the returned item is in its original condition.
The purchase and use of Apple Products are subject to terms and conditions found at: http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/ and http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/.
Making unauthorised modifications to the software on an iPhone violates the iPhone software license agreement. Should you be unable to use your iPhone due to an unauthorised software modification, its repair will not be covered under the warranty. This will not affect any rights to which you may otherwise be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at/on the Apple Store at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and GST is available on the Payment & Pricing page.
Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to visit an Apple Retail Store or contact the Apple Contact Center at 133-622 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events.
Price protection is only available for up to 10 units of a particular product. Additionally, we may require that you have the product with you or otherwise have proof of possession when requesting price protection.
Apple may, in its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and limit order quantity. Apple may also require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing any order. Once we receive your Online or Call Centre order, we’ll provide you with an email order confirmation. Your receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify Apple’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. The Apple Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Apple cancels an order after you have already been billed, Apple will refund the billed amount.
Please review the Shipping & Delivery page to learn about how and when you will receive the products you purchased from the Apple Store. Since the actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond Apple’s control once it leaves our facilities, Apple cannot be held liable for late deliveries. We will, however, work with you to ensure a smooth delivery.
The Apple Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect you are purchasing for resale.
The Apple Store accepts orders from billing addresses within Australia. Apple will not ship products purchased at the Apple Store to an address outside of Australia. We do not ship to freight forwarders. Please click here to find an Apple Store outside of Australia. Apple products are subject to applicable export control laws and regulations and must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred, and used in compliance with such export laws and regulations.
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some of our products, Apple may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. Trust us, we’re building them as fast as we can. Apple reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Apple confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event we cannot supply a product you ordered, Apple will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
The Payment & Pricing page describes the various methods you can use to pay for products at the Apple Store. The Apple Online Store also allows you to pay via Express Checkout. By activating and using Express Checkout, you agree to all of the terms set forth in this Sales Policy. Please note that if you use a public computer or otherwise share a computer with other users, you should turn off Express Checkout when you leave the computer.
Apple Pty Limited ABN 46 002 510 054 of PO Box A2629, Sydney South NSW 1235