Bose® SoundDock® Portable Digital Music System
Bose® SoundDock® Portable Digital Music System
The Bose SoundDock Portable's acoustic design enables full-range sound from a slim profile. A built-in carrying handle and retractable dock make portability easy and the lithium-ion battery provides hours of quality playing time between charges.
Full remote control
There's a remote control for volume and basic iPod functions and touch-sensitive volume-control buttons directly on the speaker. Its great for playing your tunes out loud when your out and about, or at home.
- Performance and portability
- Patented waveguide technology and powerful neodymium speakers for higher-quality audio
- Smaller, slimmer profile with no compromise in sound quality
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers more power and longer playing time
- Built-in carry handle
- Rotating dock that folds neatly in place for protection during transit
- iPod charged whenever it's docked
- Remote control for volume and basic iPod functions
- Touch-sensitive volume-control buttons directly on speaker
- Auxiliary input for other audio sources such as a CD player
Did you notice?The rotating dock folds neatly in place for protection during transit.
Apple Recommends ForPortable iPod play back with no compromise in sound quality.
What's in the Box?
- SoundDock Portable digital music system
- Power : Input: 100-240V at 50-60KHz, 1A
- Height : 6.75 in./17.5 cm
- Width : 12.06 in./30.7 cm
- Depth : 6.06 in./10.3 cm
- UPC or EAN No. : 17817417815
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
iPod 4th Generation (click wheel)
iPod 4th Generation (color display)
iPod 5th Generation (video)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Awesome Speakers for iPhone and iPod
I have an iPhone which I use with the SoundDock portable and the combination works great. The sound is awesome. There are some s ongs that I need to use the iPhone EQ on, but for the most part, I do not need to change anything. The best part about this is the portability. You can take this anywhere thanks to the rechargeable battery. The reviews say that you can get up to 3 hours with full volume. I haven’t had it at full volume on battery, but pretty close to it and have gotten so far 5 hours. Another great feature is the ability to use a portable cd-player, portable xm-radio etc via the input in the back, so this is not exclusive to the iPod / iPhone. While this is a bit pricy, you will definitely be happy with the purchase of the portal SoundDock! …
- Written by Scott L from Cumming
1054 of 1250 people found this useful
This is the best speaker ever. It is so loud that you can hear it from 1/3 mile away!
It has incredible battery life and even ch arges the ipod when it is not plugged in to the wall. Mine when fully charged lives up to six hours! I would highly recommend this. …
- Written by jennifer K from Davie
746 of 919 people found this useful
Great Portable Speakers
Just bought these and tested them out at the beach. They are an amazing improvement over my portable Altec Lansing's. I am blown away by the amount of bass (tight, not muddy) and amount of volume this puppy shells out. Good battery life (4-6 hours per charge at moderate-loud volume) and great sound all the way up until the battery dies. Rechargable/replaceable battery definately a plus. Has an 1/8" line in input for other sources like CD/MD but I only use it for ipod. Stoweaway dock a cool feature too. Have tried it with 2nd and 3rd generation iPod and my iPhone. My 2nd gen ipod froze up with the unit but all others worked great. Only con is they are $$ (not as bad with iphone rebate, thank you apple!) but hands down best portable ipod speakers currently on the market. …
- Written by TODD D from Atlanta
713 of 870 people found this useful
Best Dock For Value!
I recently bought the Bose Soundlink Mobile Speaker II. That was good for portability. But then i found the Bose Soundock Portable . This is quite possibly the best audio dock created. I have a Samsung $1600 Home Theatre and i generally prefer using this over those.
This is DEFINITELY worth the heavy price tag!
MUST BUY! …
- Written by Cameron H from Hastings
2 of 3 people found this useful
The Best Ever!
- Written by Saulo A from Brasilia
1 of 2 people found this useful
Great Product for anyone!
I've owned the sounddock for a while now, i know it is expensive but it really is worth every penny. It is very loud, loud enough to play music at a party with 20-25 people and very portable. If you are looking for a great sound system and appreciate sound quality then i would get the bose sounddock portable. …
- Written by Alex F from STERLING
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
No answers yet
- Asked by Aaron S from Austin
Yes, it works with the Lightning to 30-pin adapter. I have the compact adapter, and although the spe akers charge the phone as normal and everything acts like you have an iphone 4 docked, I would suggest the corded adapter. The compact one adds a little height and it's easy to wiggle the phone back and forth. If you're going to set it on a table like I do, there's no problem, but if you'll be carrying it around, use the one with the cord so your phone doesn't fall off of the dock. …
- Answered by Jennifer W from Oakdale
Is there any problem charging the Bose® SoundDock® Portable Digital Music System in France or Europe??
- Asked by Jaime Alejandr S
- Asked by Mike L from Mesa
I can't speak officially on behalf of Apple or Bose, but I have the new iphone 4 and it works fine w ith my Bose Portable Sounddock Station.
One thing that I had to do, was I had to remove the adapter plate that I had inserted for my original iphone and leave the slot open to accept the iphone 4. Why? Not because the iphone is too deep, but because the rubber "Belkin" case I bought for the new iphone 4 makes it not make good contact with the contacts on the base of the Bose.
Now, a word of caution! I've heard that if you remove the plate and go without it, your iphone is more susceptable to movement on the cradle and I've heard of other Bose owners breaking the recepticle pins off at the base. So....be careful!
Hope this helps....... …
- Answered by David H from Simi Valley
- Asked by Hazel L from Fareham
Yes you can. I just hooked mine up this evening and it worked. I have a Samsung LED tv, and I'm sure it will work with most modern flat screens. I first tried hooking up to the back of the TV using a two-pronged red/white RCA cable with a 3.5mm mini-headphone jack at the other end. This didn't work. I then realized that the Audio Out jack right next to it was the one to use. So you need this:
A 3.5mm (mini-headphone sized) cable with male connectors at both ends. One end goes into the Audio Out on the back of your TV, and the other goes into the AV slot on the back of your Bose sounddock. You'll be able to hear both the sounddock and your tv's audio at the same time if you want to. I do that, and the two of them together make a nice full sound. …
- Answered by Jeffrey S from Cranbrook