Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is the fastest, most seamless, and most intuitive way to run Windows* and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Powerful performance lets you run Windows productivity applications–even graphics intensive ones–with ease. If you're new to Mac, keep the familiar Windows experience–and apps such as Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Access, and OneNote–on your Mac. If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Either way, run Windows and Mac applications side by side with no compromises in performance.
Run Windows applications like they were made for Mac. Experience intuitive features like Launchpad, Mission Control, and Dictation with your Windows apps. It's easy thanks to compatibility with with OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), OS X Lion (10.7.5), and OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4).
- Use Launchpad, Mission Control, OS X gestures, and Dictation with your Windows apps
- Seamlessly run Windows and Mac apps on one Mac
- Install Windows on a Mac in just three steps
- Run Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, and more
- Sync iCloud, SkyDrive, Dropbox, etc., without unnecessary duplication of files locally
- Use your iSight or FaceTime HD camera with your Windows applications
- Unwind and enjoy your favorite music, games, and video with 7.1 Surround Sound
Did you notice?Lets you use convenient Mac OS X features such as Mission Control and Launchpad while running Windows applications.
Apple Recommends ForFor home users, business professionals, students, and passionate gamers who want the fastest, smartest, and most powerful way to run Windows on their Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac license
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software trial subscriptions and online backup and recovery trial subscriptions
- Installation and quick reference guide
- Switch to Mac edition includes one year/one computer use of Parallels Access; one year of Acronis True Image Lite (including 5 GB online backup); 180 days of online identity protection with Hotspot Shield Elite by AnchorFree; 30-day trial subscriptions for Mac (Kaspersky, Dr. Webb, Norton) and Windows (Kaspersky, Dr. Webb, Norton) security software
- Internet Access: Internet Access Required
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- Mfr. Part Number: PDFM9L-BX1-NT-EN
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829001916
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- *Windows and other operating systems sold separately.
- Software languages include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Portuguese and Russian
Ratings & Reviews
A Bad Value - No Better than Desktop at $70 less
Switch to Mac v9 works exactly the same for migrating a PC to a Mac as does Parallels Desktop v9, yet Switch costs $70 more. Swit Switch to Mac v9 works exactly the same for migrating a PC to a Mac as does Parallels Desktop v9, yet Switch costs $70 more. Switch v8 and before included a USB cable to connect the PC and Mac - v9 does not. All you get in the Switch v9 box is a page of instructions and a card with an activation code for Desktop v9 - exactly the same product you can buy separately for $70 less.
The Parallels "Transport Agent" that transfers Windows apps and data from your PC to the Mac is also a download - same for both products.
The box instructions say nothing about how to connect your PC and Mac to migrate your stuff. For that you must search Parallel's website. Their Knowledgebase article #115007 is written for Desktop v9. It has only 2 sentences that refer to Switch:
"Using a Parallels USB Cable: The Parallels USB cable required for this method is included with Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition. If you don't have the Parallels USB cable, import your data using one of the other methods. NOTE: Parallels USB Cable is only available for Parallels Desktop 8 Switch to Mac edition and earlier.”
Switch v9 has no cable, so you must migrate your PC to your Mac via "network" or use a USB drive. But on a PC of any size, migrating half a Gb of data and software via a home wifi network will take forever. Using a USB drive large enough to back up an entire PC's HD means using one formatted in NTFS, with limited Mac functionality.
The additional software keys in the box are for two 30-day trials (Antivirus for Mac and Internet Security for Windows), 5 Gb of "Acronis LIte" storage, and "Hotspotshield."
Don't buy - not worth the extra $70! …
- Written by Tom F from San Carlos
22 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
do you need windows operating system software with parallels
- Asked by Frank F M from Juneau
- Answered by Simon W from Havant
Can i run Sony ACID Pro 7 through Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition 9 0n Mac mini OS X 10.9.1 2.3 GHz Intel core i7 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
- Asked by Arthur K from Montgomery