Built-in Lightning docking connector
Thanks to its integral Lightning docking connector, the JBL OnBeat Micro speaker dock lets you easily share the music on your Lightning enabled iPhone, iPod touch or iPod nano – without the need for additional cables or adapters.
JBL full-range transducers
Two JBL full-range transducers project incredibly dynamic, room-filling sound.
Digital signal processing
The JBL OnBeat Micro employs digital signal processing to generate big audio with great bass from a compact speaker.
Battery and AC power
You can power your own personal concert for up to five hours using four AAA batteries or bounce to the beats non-stop using the JBL OnBeat Micro's included AC adapter. It also has a battery-saving mode that automatically engages after 10 minutes of non-use as well as an LED status indicator that lets you know when it’s time for new batteries.
Take advantage of easy access to great music with the built-in USB port, which provides audio playback from other devices and also charges a connected iPod or iPhone when you're using AC power.
1/8 inch (3.5mm) stereo input
Conveniently lets you connect to virtually any portable audio device and make it the centerpiece of the party using the 1/8 inch (3.5mm) stereo input.
- Access your music and dock and charge your Lightning enabled iPhone with a built-in Lightning connector
- Two JBL full-range transducers fill the room with sound
- Digital Signal Processing generates impressive audio and bass
- Take your music anywhere with AAA batteries or go non-stop at home with AC power
- USB port and 3.5 mm stereo input let you connect virtually any portable audio device
- Auto standby mode
- Touch-button volume controls
Did you notice?Built-in Lightning connector eliminates the need for any extra cables or adapters.
Apple Recommends ForRock the music on your Lightning enabled iPhone, iPod touch or iPod nano anywhere you want.
What's in the Box?
- JBL OnBeat Micro Portable Speaker Dock
- AC adapter
- Quick-start guide
- Warranty card
- Frequency Response : 110 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Height : 54 mm/2.25 in.
- Width : 168 mm/6.625 in.
- Weight : 362.87 g
- Length : 168 mm/6.625 in.
- Mfr. Part Number : JBLONBEATMICBLKAM
- UPC or EAN No. : 500363169340
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
A nicely made dock/speaker/charger for lightning connecting iPhone/iPod. Great on bedside cabinet with the 'big clock hd' app set on minimum brightness. (Stroke screen downwards). Can work on batteries but obviously won't charge the docked item. You won't buy this if you want a lot of bass, you will need something like the new Bose, but for what it is, really nice sound and nicely made. …
- Written by ken C from SPALDING
45 of 50 people found this useful
Can't use with a case!
I purchased the JBL Onbeat Micro & returned it. I used it briefly to listen to my audiobook on my iPhone 5 & enjoyed the sound q uality. However, it’s not designed to be used with a case. I have a Noreve flip case (rail system) where the cover flips back behind the phone that allows full access to the phone’s speakers & lighting port. The phone within the case fits on the base, but leans far forward at an angle making it difficult to see & operate the phone. The mechanism that the lighting pin is connected to does move forward & backwards, which is why the phone & case leans forward. However, there isn’t enough space behind the lightening connector to allow a backward lean. (Look at the detailed picture on Apple’s site).
My husband’s iPhone 5 is in a “bumper” type case. This set up didn’t work at all. The JBL’s lighting connector it too short & didn't connect to the JBL's lighting pin.
JBL OnBeat Micro Speaker has a nice compact footprint, appears sturdy & well built. And from the brief time “listening” to my audiobook, the sound quality was great. I’m just not willing to remove my phone from its case each time to use it. …
- Written by Soraya V from Detroit
50 of 62 people found this useful
Bought it 2 days ago. Sound is great. Portability is also amazing. If you pair it with some of JBL's apps it makes and incredible combo. Really worth it. …
- Written by Michal J from Poznan
38 of 43 people found this useful
awsome song n also nice beat !
- Written by Kyaw Swar W from Bellevue
2 of 6 people found this useful
Disappointed that I cannot use with alarm clock apps
I purchased this unit so I could charge my iPhone5 overnight and wake up to my iTunes music library in the morning. Trouble is tha t the unit shuts down after a period of idle time and doesn't "wake up" when the alarm goes off on the iPhone. Not only that, the iPhone thinks the speakers are "active", sends sound to the unit but no sound comes out ... So I sleep through my alarm. The docking unit is ok for charging and for listening to music BEFORE I go to sleep but that is not what I thought I bought so then the price tag does not appear so reasonable. Guess I'll have to wait for the other suppliers to come out with their docking stations for iPhone5. …
- Written by VALERIE E from Toronto
6 of 6 people found this useful
Nice but SleepMachine App won't run all night
I don't know if it's the app or the dock. App works fine just plugged into the wall but after an hour or so on the OnBeat Dock it cuts off …
- Written by Jack O from Zachary
7 of 8 people found this useful