UP by Jawbone is a wristband plus app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that tracks how you sleep, move and eat so you can know yourself better, make smarter choices and feel your best.
How to Pick Your Size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross.
Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you.
SM = 5.5 to 6.0 inches/ 14.0 to 15.5 CM, MD = 6.0 to 7.0 inches/ 15.5 to 18.0 CM, LG = 7.0 to 8.0 inches/ 18.0 to 20.0 CM,
Track your sleep
UP senses your micro-movements while you sleep and uses advanced algorithms to determine how many hours you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, time spent in light versus deep sleep and how many times you woke during the night.
Track your activity
Wearing UP captures a complete picture of your day, so you don't have to guess how active you are. UP tracks your steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active versus idle.
Track your food and drink
UP's mobile app lets you log what you eat and drink and get as detailed as you want. Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the UP image gallery or search the ingredient database. UP also assists you in tracking calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fibre and sodium.
UP visualises your information so you can understand the meaning behind your data at a glance. It delivers personalised insights and clear tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set a Smart Alarm to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you've been sitting too long.
- Comfortable, durable and stylish wristband
- Up to 10 days of battery life between charges
- Track the quality and quantity of your sleep
- Track your movements
- Log your workouts and find out calories burned
- Log your food by taking a photo or scanning a barcode
- Track detailed nutritional info
- Smart alarm silently vibrates on your wrist to wake you at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle
- Idle Alerts remind you to move when you've been inactive
- Share your UP journey with friends and family
Did you notice?The Idle Alert will remind you to move when you’ve been inactive for too long.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants to commit to a healthy lifestyle – and track progress.
What's in the Box?
- UP by Jawbone wristband
- Charging cable (3.5mm to USB)
- Quick start guide
- Free iOS app downloadable from App Store
- Power Source: Battery Power,USB
- Battery life: Up to 10 days
- Height: 1.97 in./50 mm
- Width: 0.47 in./12 mm
- Weight: 0.67 oz./19 g
- Length: 2.6 in./66 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: JBR03a-SM
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912010006
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
UP by Jawbone
*** REQUIRES UP OR UP24 WRISTBAND TO USE THIS APP ***
BAND + APP + YOU = THE UP SYSTEM
UP® is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. The band tracks your movement and sleep in the background while the app displays your data, lets you add things like meals and mood, and delivers insights that help you know yourself so that you can live better.
* Track your sleep & physical activity
* Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
* Get insights to help you set & achieve your goals
* Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
* Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
* The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
* Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
* Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
* Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
* Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
* Share your summary pages to Facebook & Twitter
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so, at a glance, you can understand the meaning behind your data. UP also delivers personalized insights and clear, actionable tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set multiple Smart Alarms to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you’ve been sitting too long.
A DEEPER LOOK AT SLEEP
See details about your sleep such as hours slept, time to fall asleep, and how many times you woke up. Over time, discover patterns that can affect how you feel.
KNOW HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE
Capture a complete record of your day's activity - Steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active vs. idle. See how everything from going for a run to walking the dog contributes to reaching your goals.
LOG YOUR FOOD & DRINK
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. UP keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber and sodium.
YOUR UP. YOUR APPS.
Complement your UP experience and connect to your favorite apps, or discover new ones, within UP.
Track your weight, map your bike rides, access extensive food libraries and more with apps like IFTTT, Strava and Wello, and that data will be seamlessly integrated into your UP feed, lifeline and trends. You can also view detailed UP sleep, movement, food and mood data within selected apps to make those experiences even better.
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Required to use the UP by Jawbone app
* Designed to be worn 24/7
* Features advanced motion sensor technology
* Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
* Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L) …
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Loving My Jawbone Up
I'll bet the Jawbone Up team may be surprised that a 67 year old woman is writing this as I don't imagine I'm their primary demogr I'll bet the Jawbone Up team may be surprised that a 67 year old woman is writing this as I don't imagine I'm their primary demographic. However, this product has worked perfectly since I put it on about 10 days ago. It syncs immediately unlike a rival product that I tried earlier. I love seeing how active I've been and I'm beginning to see a pattern to my inactive times. I also am fascinated with the graph of my sleep patterns. In addition, the Up actually holds its charge as long as it says. Mine went the full 10 days.
Here are a few suggestions for making a super product even better:
1. I would love being able to see the time, then I could do away with my watch.
2. I realize it would be difficult, but it would be great if we could buy extra colored bands and change them to match our clothes.
3. In the future, I hope we will be able to sync without taking off the band, and plugging it in to our mobile devices. How about just touching it to the screen?
A Happy User …
- Written by Cathy D from Martin
90 of 95 people found this useful
Broke down after a month use
The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it The UP by Jawbone worked fine for a while. But after some weeks the switch-button became problematic and now (one month later) it does not work at all. Tried to reset the device without success. My (amateur) conclusion is a mechanical failure of the button. Today, I search the net and found others with the same problems. …
- Written by Håkan O from Sundsvall
70 of 76 people found this useful
Great Concept-Poor design
I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the I wish I had read reviews before making this purchase 6 weeks ago, but I did not. When the band worked it was great, but like the others (the UP band is listed in several places on this site), I am now stuck with a band that will no long er charge. Apple does not stand behind their sales after 30 days so I am having to deal with the manufacturer. Too bad all around. …
- Written by Debra B from Durham
63 of 63 people found this useful
Gave it a shot, but I want out.
Avoid it. I really liked this product and app, which is why I decided to keep exchanging for new ones when my band kept breaking. Avoid it. I really liked this product and app, which is why I decided to keep exchanging for new ones when my band kept breaking. I'll now be on my fourth band within a year, and I realize that it will never fully work for a regular product lifetime. I am stuck in an endless cycle of exchanging bands after every few months. I either have to hope each new band breaks within the three-month exchange period or hope for a non-defective band, which has not been the case after three bands. …
- Written by Roel P from Los Angeles
I would try something else
I am on my third one in less than a year. I like it but it breaks all the time. I will I could trade it in for a gift card or so I am on my third one in less than a year. I like it but it breaks all the time. I will I could trade it in for a gift card or something else. …
- Written by Jeffrey K from Gilbert
8 of 8 people found this useful
I am on my second band. After my first one stopped working, I emailed customer service and received a new one with no questions a I am on my second band. After my first one stopped working, I emailed customer service and received a new one with no questions asked. So far so good with the new one. I do think the company needs to fix the glitches. Two friends have had their band replaced also. …
- Written by Stephanie W from Edgewater
7 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I buy a replacement cap for jawbone up?
- Asked by Peter G from New York
If you visit their website you can request one free replacement
- Answered by Simon E
Does it measure in metric, or can it be changed to metric?
- Asked by Jill P from Oakland
No answers yet
That was one of my initial fears.
Not at all. I bought it back in August and it's working extreme That was one of my initial fears.
Not at all. I bought it back in August and it's working extremely well. I've been wearing it 24/7, rain or shine, Awake or asleep. Still looks exactly the way I bought it.
Jawbone also will replace the cap once free of charge if you loose it.
So if that's your only worry, go and buy it!
Jawbone should really use me as a BETA tester! lol. …
- Answered by Eric B from Montreal
- Answered by John T from Alpharetta
do i have to charge up jawbone for 2 days the first time?
- Asked by Manal R from Gainesville
Can you share your results on Facebook or Twitter?
- Asked by Victoria F from Carmichael