Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical Desktop Stand
Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical Desktop Stand
Twelve South's BookArc Pro is a simple, elegant stand that literally turns your MacBook Pro into a mini tower while creating a less cluttered workspace. Slide your MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina display into BookArc Pro and park it at the back of your desk to free up space, or next to your external monitor and you’ll have a clean, modern Mac desktop.
Create a less-cluttered workspace
With a footprint of just 10 by 4 inches, BookArc Pro takes up a fraction of the space your MacBook Pro uses laying flat. Soft, silicone footpads keep it stable and your desk free of surface marks or scratches.
Fits your Mac like a glove
Two different-sized scratch-free, silicone cushions provide a perfect fit for your Mac while it's in BookArc Pro. They gently grip your MacBook Pro or MacBook Pro with Retina display and are super easy to install and remove.
You can actually boost the performance of your MacBook or MacBook Pro by running it closed in the BookArc. How? When you close your MacBook, your system automatically dedicates 100% of its video memory to the external display rather than splitting it with the built-in display. Depending on your MacBook model, you can see snappier graphics and faster screen refreshes, especially when working in graphic-intensive applications like Aperture and Photoshop. BookArc didn't create the feature, but it can teach your MacBook the trick.
- Free up valuable desk space by elevating MacBook off the desk
- Includes two silicone inserts with built-in cable management
- Compatible with MacBook Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display
Did you notice?You can use your MacBook Pro closed when it's connected to an external display; just add a mouse and keyboard.
Apple Recommends ForReclaim valuable desk space while using your MacBook Pro at the office and at home.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical Desktop Stand
- Silicone insert for MacBook Pro (unibody)
- Silicone insert for MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Height: 256.5 mm/10.1 in.
- Width: 114.3 mm/4.5 in.
- Weight: 540 g
- Length: 76.2 mm/3.0 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1224
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002597
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Useful and sexy!
I've recently bought one of these for my Retina MacBook Pro 15". I've read many places online that it mostly just saves space and I've recently bought one of these for my Retina MacBook Pro 15". I've read many places online that it mostly just saves space and looks cool, but many people have also mentioned that it doesn't really keep your MacBook much cooler. However I've noticed that my MacBook runs considerably cooler in this stand as well!. I often had the lid closed lying flat on my desk connected to a Thunderbolt Display and according to iStat my SSD and CPU would fluctuate between 50-60C and GPU would be around 60 C when I'm just using it for light work and browsing the net, etc. and even sometimes my fan would speed up to 2500 RPM on hot days. However since I got the BookArc my SSD has been hovering around 35 C, CPU around 40 and GPU between 45-50 C and my fans no longer speed up when just using my mac lightly! I'm more than impressed!!
- Stylish minimalistic design.
- Has a bit of weight to it; keeps MacBook sturdy on the desk.
- Saves a lot of space (duh!)
- Has cable management under the stand.
- Silicone inserts can be replaced and bought from Twelve South.
- Keeps MacBook MUCH cooler than lying flat on table.
- You won't find any other MacBook stand that looks quite as good as this.
- A little bit pricey for just a piece of aluminium; although the other alternatives and similar products cost about the same.
- Stand is a little bit long and wide (has a large footprint than I expected), It would probably be about the length of a MacBook Air 11" …
- Written by Yosphol S from Leichhardt
89 of 112 people found this useful
Causes Wi-Fi problems for certain macbook models
This is a nice looking product, and I have set the bookarc for macbook air up with no problems. The macbooks fit snugly in the arc This is a nice looking product, and I have set the bookarc for macbook air up with no problems. The macbooks fit snugly in the arc (I have an early 2011 15" macbook pro) and the build quality is nice, as is the weight and feel of the product.
However, one thing that is not addressed is the wi-fi problems caused by operating in 'clamshell' mode, i.e. with the lid closed and an external display connected.
My wi-fi quality decreases significantly when nested in the bookarc, sometimes to the point of being unable to connect. When I remove the macbook from the bookarc and open the lid, I am able to connect flawlessly.
I urge you to check your return policy before buying, as this has turned an otherwise spectacular product into a completely unusable piece of junk. …
- Written by Wesley P from Perth
60 of 84 people found this useful
Doesn't function entirely as advertised
I received two inserts - one for Unibody MacBook Pro and one for 13" white MacBook Pro. Nothing for MacBook Pro with Retina displa I received two inserts - one for Unibody MacBook Pro and one for 13" white MacBook Pro. Nothing for MacBook Pro with Retina display, but no loss as I don't have one.
The unibody insert does not "fit like glove" and in fact, sitting horizontally, my unibody Pro leans sideways a bit. Further, cable management with my 15" Pro is worthless. It is not possible to place the MacBook Pro into the stand vertically as the arc blocks both the power connector and the Ethernet port. Plus, given the fit, this seems a bit high risk anyway. Horizontally, it works and does free desk space, but no cable management.
Overall, a very average product. …
- Written by STAN W from San Jose
75 of 118 people found this useful
Looks cool, works well. It is really sturdy and holds my MBP 15 retina great, it doesn't tilt easily, witch i was afraid of. littl Looks cool, works well. It is really sturdy and holds my MBP 15 retina great, it doesn't tilt easily, witch i was afraid of. little bit pricey, but i needed the extra space since my desk is small. Over all a very good product! :D …
- Written by Max N from Oslo
Great Design, but Flawed for New Retina MacBook Pros
A great design for the the earlier unibody MacBook Pro, but the retrofit approach using a different rubberized gasket to hold a MB A great design for the the earlier unibody MacBook Pro, but the retrofit approach using a different rubberized gasket to hold a MBPr misses the mark. My MBPr fits in the BookArc Pro sloppily and tilts to one side.
Twelve South needs to retool the design exclusively for the MBPr or successfully redesign the gasket. When this correction is successfully made it will be worthy of 5 stars, but not now. …
- Written by Richard N from Ottawa
1 of 1 people found this useful
It's a very sturdy piece of kit and comes with 2 rubber inserts for unibody Macs and Retina Macs. I use it with my Late 2011 Macbo It's a very sturdy piece of kit and comes with 2 rubber inserts for unibody Macs and Retina Macs. I use it with my Late 2011 Macbook Pro. I only wish it was a tighter fit …
- Written by James W from New Barnet
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have BookArc from 2011 and have been using insert #4 for 2011 Unibody - however, just bought the 15.4 MBP Retina - can I purchase just new insert?
- Asked by Craig H from Las Vegas
Yes you can order a new insert from twelve south's website.
- Answered by Stephen A from San Jose
Is this compatible with the MacBook Aluminium 13 inch 2009?
- Asked by Melissa C from Camp Hill
Speck case on 13" macbook pro retina..
- Asked by Graeme W from London
No answers yet
Can you use this with MacBook Air 13 inch?
- Asked by Robert G from Tenafly
No you can't. You need a book arc for Macbook Air.
- Answered by Jinho B from Cambridge
how do you turn the power on if the lid is closed
- Asked by Kevin D from New York
we it fit snugly with the 15" macbook retina?
- Asked by Yew Hung T
It fits pretty snugly but it does move a little so it is not perfect
- Answered by Elon M from Dallas