EyeTV Mobile connects directly to your iPad’s dock connector and receives the DTT signal through its miniature telescopic aerial. EyeTV Mobile does not require an Internet connection and gives you unlimited DTT TV without touching your data plan. With the EyeTV Mobile app you can enjoy a full range of TV viewing features on your iPad 2 including pause, rewind and record. The integrated EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) offers you up to 7 days of detailed programme data.**
- Unlimited TV without the need for an internet connection
- Portable and easy-to-use
- Watch, pause, rewind and record over 8 hours of live TV*
- Free EyeTV Mobile app available on the App Store
Did you notice?EyeTV doesn't require an internet connection so you can enjoy unlimited television without using up any of your data plan.
Apple Recommends ForWatching television on your iPad 2 whether you're at home or on the move.
What's in the Box?
- EyeTV Mobile Receiver
- Miniature telescopic aerial
- Rod aerial with magnetic base and removable suction cup
- Quick Start Guide
- Micro-USB charging cable***
- Height : 1.1 cm
- Width : 3.1 cm
- Weight : 14 g
- Mfr. Part Number : ELG-US-000005
- UPC or EAN No. : 4260195390188
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * With a fully charged iPad 2
- ** The amount of EPG data varies by broadcaster
- *** Micro-USB cable intended for use with the EyeTV Mobile battery and is not designed to charge an iPad 2
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Does the job!
It does the job nicely. Very easy to use and understand, even with the recording facility. Comes with a tiny wireless aerial and a slightly larger one for better reception. The larger one can be stuck down or sucked onto a surface with the sucker.
It's all extremely small in size which is very nice, and it doesn't look ugly.
Charge the unit simply by plugging the USB cable into the eyetv unit and into almost any USB slot, ie PC. Charges very quickly.
Only problem I have, when you're moving about, you do get interference, but this is expected I suppose, as this would happen with any aerial device that's being moved. If you're in one place, it's perfect. …
- Written by Simon D from Exeter
74 of 88 people found this useful
Do not buy for Australia
Tried many configs on different iPads, in different suburbs, bottom line in a city where tv reception is generally never an issue, product failed to identify any channels. Not good for Melbourne (probably Australia). Just doesn't work.
I've returned the unit, on that note Apple customer care was exceptional. Initial exchange done with ease and then refund processed with ease. …
- Written by Raffaele C from Mill Park
55 of 59 people found this useful
Don't waste your money
This product simply does not work. I have tried using both the micro and rod aerials and cannot get the device to receive any chan nels at all. I have tried positioning my iPad in a number of different places in the house, including right next to windows but it makes no difference.
I will be sending this product back first thing on Monday morning for a refund.
Don't waste your money on this product, you are likely to be very disappointed. …
- Written by John C from Camberley
54 of 69 people found this useful
Small package and yet it still delivers
I've had a whole lifetime where I have purchased numerous TV cards for desktop computers and notebooks, most of these units failed to live up to my expectations, often failing to pick up all stations even with an external aerial. Even the best full size home TV units fail to deliver an adequate signal with small indoor antennas so this was not an expectation I had of my Eye TV, I tried the unit indoors with the supplied small antenna in remote NSW and it actually worked, although with an unreliable signal, but then I expected this. Connect this sucker to an external antenna and it works like a trooper. I now have a compact lightweight TV for my off-road camper van. Mounted using a Wallee case and Wallee VESA mount it is just as good as any other TV in my van. I highly recommend this product. …
- Written by Anthony M from Deniliquin
4 of 4 people found this useful
DISAPPOINTED....BIG time :(
This was a TOTAL waste of money! IF (and i do mean IF) you can get a signal, the picture breaks up, distorts and sound cuts out. S canning does not always pick up the available freeview channels. It is such a shame as the software side of things is perfect, its simply let down by a low grade tuner/receiver :( I have tried both supplied Aerials, connecting to my roof aerial via an adapter, I have tried scanning from every room/location in the house and countless places outside my house! I live about a mile away from our local tv transmitter and yet still this product will NOT work, as in i can not get a constant clear signal/picture. A REAL waste of time and money which is such a shame :( Like I said, the software seems perfect, you `can` (or more to the point are meant to be able to) record programs, watch live tv, view the epg and set timed recordings...all useless with such a low quality receiver :( …
- Written by neil I from Cowes
10 of 11 people found this useful
use this all the time and always carry it with me
- Written by La B from london
7 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Sharon C
No answers yet
- Asked by Marc W from Borehamwood
yes it does.
- Answered by Michael B
- Asked by Tom A from Norwich
No answers yet
- Asked by Alec R
No. This product will only allow you to recieve digital tv.
- Answered by Jordan P from Bligh Park
- Answered by Genette F
- Answered by Genette F