Belkin'Bs four-port Ultra-Slim desktop hub* adds four quick access USB ports to your Mac—perfect for connecting an external hard drive, smartphone, or any other USB device.
- Adds four additional USB ports to your computer
- Plug and play—no drivers required
- Data transfer speeds of up to 480 Mbit/s
- Mac and PC compatible
- Sleek metal construction
Did you notice?Plug and play technology makes for easy use with both Macs and PCs.
Apple Recommends ForAdd four hi-speed USB ports to your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin 4-Port Ultra-Slim USB 2.0 Metal Desktop Hub
- USB 2.0 cable
- Power adapter
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Mac OS 9.2 or later; Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- Windows 98 SE/2000/Me/XP/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number: F4U038jaAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868837863
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- *This device does not support iPad charging
Ratings & Reviews
Rubbish product DO NOT BUY
I bought this product from an Apple store in Sydney. Within 2-3 days after I started using it it simply stopped working. Regardles I bought this product from an Apple store in Sydney. Within 2-3 days after I started using it it simply stopped working. Regardless of whether t is connected to a power point or not, as soon as you connect anything to it it heats up & simply does not connect anything to the Mac. SADLY by the time I took iy back to the store, they refused to do anything about it as it was more than 14 days after I bought it! Now I am being told I must contact Belkin for an exchange or refund …
- Written by Rick S from ST IVES
35 of 35 people found this useful
I connected my USB flash drive to copy ca 2GB of documents, which took ca 25 minutes. At home to copy it onto my home Mac the copy I connected my USB flash drive to copy ca 2GB of documents, which took ca 25 minutes. At home to copy it onto my home Mac the copying took 3 minutes. Office computer is a MP dual QuadCore 2.93 GHz, home is an old 1st generation MacBook Pro Core Duo... Something is odd. The difference was the hub. Not recommended. …
- Written by Jan G from New York
50 of 67 people found this useful
not a good product
It works when it wants to work. Cheaply made. I would not recommend buying.
- Written by P N from ALLENDALE
27 of 32 people found this useful
Not up to Apples usual high standard
The finish of the device is no where near Apple standard. Up close it looks and feels cheap.
The included usb cable is black - wh The finish of the device is no where near Apple standard. Up close it looks and feels cheap.
The included usb cable is black - why not match the white cable that every other Apple connector uses?
There is a large black power adapter with a long black lead. Why is it not shown in the pictures on the Apple store site? Because it is ugly as sin and it doesn't match any part of the Macbook or other Apple accessories.
Also why are they trying to sell a USB2.0 product at this point in time? It should be USB3 no excuses.
I cannot recommend this product and I kind of wish I didn't spend $40 on it. …
- Written by Kieran V from Plympton
Last 2 days - don't buy!
Bought this from an Apple store. It worked for a day then I started getting USB port errors saying "device does not have enough po Bought this from an Apple store. It worked for a day then I started getting USB port errors saying "device does not have enough power". What a waste of money! …
- Written by Lance S from MOSMAN
3 of 4 people found this useful
Nice USB Hub
I just got this hub at the local Apple store with an Apple gift card I got for Christmas. It's not something I terribly needed but I just got this hub at the local Apple store with an Apple gift card I got for Christmas. It's not something I terribly needed but I thought it'd be nice to have some extra ports for my MacBook Air although it's already connected to the Thunderbolt Display.
I decided to get this hub since it matches up nicely with the MBA and is something I can also travel with when hooking up the iPad, iPhone and a couple of backup drives. It's very small, looks good and performs as it should.
I've compared the performance of my slim backup drives through this hub against the drives being connected direct to the MBA and I haven't noticed any difference so far. The backups through the hub didn't seem to take any longer than when the drives were hooked up direct.
Overall, it's a very nice device although on the pricey side. …
- Written by Edward Y from Murrieta
7 of 7 people found this useful