Originally released February 2011
15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7|
|Cache||6MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 30005 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M with automatic graphics switching. 1GB GDDR5 graphics memory.|
|Hard disk drive1||750GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm|
|Optical drive||8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)4 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|Expansion||One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), one FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), one SDXC card slot|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers with subwoofers, omnidirectional microphone, audio line in minijack (digital/analog), audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
|Size and weight||Height: .95 inches (2.41 cm)
Width: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
Depth: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 5.6 pounds (2.54 kg)3
Up to 2x faster at the core.
New quad-core Intel Core i7 processors are standard on the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro. All the models use Intel’s recently refined chipsets. So what does all that mean for the new MacBook Pro models? Bottom line: They perform up to twice as fast as the previous generation,2 breezing through demanding tasks like editing HD video, compiling audio, or rendering a multilayered image file. And since Mac OS X Snow Leopard is designed to take advantage of every processor core, it captures every last bit of performance from the processor.
Performance and expansion never seen on a notebook before.
Thunderbolt I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions. That makes it ultrafast, and ultraflexible. You can move data to and from peripherals up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800. You also have more than enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices, without using a hub or switch. For example, you can connect several high-performance external disks, a video capture device, and even a Mini DisplayPort display to a single Thunderbolt chain while maintaining maximum throughput.
A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
The new MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that’s with more powerful processors and faster graphics. You can expect to surf the web wirelessly for up to 7 hours on a single charge.6
Performance and expansion never seen on a notebook before.
When you need more performance for things like playing 3D games, editing HD video, or even running CAD software, the 15- and 17- inch MacBook Pro models automatically switch to discrete AMD Radeon graphics that let you see more frames per second and experience better responsiveness. With up to 1GB of dedicated GDDR5 video memory, these processors provide up to 3X faster performance than the previous generation.7
Need Assistance?We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units. 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. 15-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units. 2.66GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 384MB.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 17-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro units and preproduction 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch MacBook Pro units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Testing conducted by Apple in February 2011 using preproduction 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 17-inch MacBook Pro units and preproduction 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units with AMD Radeon HD 6750M. 2.53GHz Intel Core i5–based 17-inch MacBook Pro systems and 2.66GHz Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M were production units. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Tested at native resolutions using Portal v(4295)(400) and Half Life 2 Episode 2 v(4295)(420) with 4x antialiasing and high graphics quality. Half Life 2 Episode 2 timedemo test file: Storm. Portal timedemo test file: Mydemo1. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Display polishing cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
Includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools and more.
Includes iPhoto, iMovie, and Garageband.
Note: Other software may or may not be included (pre-installed or on CD's/DVD's) with refurbished products, subject to availability.