TAVIK's OUTER EDGE Bumper Case frames your iPhone in soft-touch, rubber and moulded plastic protection. The sleek design keeps all iPhone functions fully accessible, while providing a safety cushion for the most exposed areas.
- Sleek protective bumper case
- Outer edge protection
- Co-moulded design
- Anti-static coating with soft-touch finish
- Two-tone colouring
- Full access to all iPhone functions
- Ease to put on and take off
Did you notice?The rubber and plastic materials are strong enough to meet the same standards as automobile bumpers.
Apple Recommends ForSafeguarding your iPhone without covering it up.
What's in the Box?
- TAVIK OUTER EDGE Bumper Case for iPhone 5
- Form Factor: Bumper
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 1.14 cm
- Width: 6.35 cm
- Weight: 11.75 g
- Length: 12.95 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: TVK-IPH-039-BLK/CH
- UPC or EAN No.: 848691031381
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Really nice - actually better than Apple's iPhone 4/4s bumper in some ways
This is a very well made bumper. I've used it for a month and the fit is still very tight - no stretching at all and it's held up This is a very well made bumper. I've used it for a month and the fit is still very tight - no stretching at all and it's held up extremely well.
The Tavik bumper is very similar to the bumper Apple made for the iPhone 4/4s with a few exceptions:
1) The power and volume buttons are rubber not metal
2) This bumper does NOT have the problem where the rubber stretches around the headphone jack and makes the bumper fit become looser overall over time.
My only gripe is this: The power button, when the bumper was brand new, took a lot of pressure to actually power on/off the phone. It has since "broken in" and operates as expected - easily turning the phone on/off. It's the only reason I knocked it down a star.
Otherwise, excellent bumper. Maintains the thinness of the iPhone 5 or 5s. I have had no problems having it work with the standard apple Lightning Charger. Fits nicely. …
- Written by Charles P from MARBLEHEAD
69 of 76 people found this useful
Great Product! Lightning connector fits fine...
I was interested in this case because i really like the bumper case idea for the iPhone. After reading the previous review about t I was interested in this case because i really like the bumper case idea for the iPhone. After reading the previous review about the lightning connector not fitting, i went to my local apple store and checked it out first hand. I am not sure which connector the other person was using, but the apple lightning connector fit perfectly. As for the case, the feel is great and it looks awesome on my black and slate iPhone 5. My only complaint would be that the lock button looses its tactile feedback with the case on. However, this seems to be fairly common across all cases i have used! …
- Written by Daniel R from Mountain view
42 of 47 people found this useful
Design is rad. Like the 2 color combo. Lightning connector works with Apple cords but not all other company's chargers, I came t Design is rad. Like the 2 color combo. Lightning connector works with Apple cords but not all other company's chargers, I came to find out. Still love it. …
- Written by Erik P from newport beach
32 of 37 people found this useful
This has to be the best case I had in a while. It feels excellent in the hand everything about it is a plus. Buttons maybe be a li This has to be the best case I had in a while. It feels excellent in the hand everything about it is a plus. Buttons maybe be a little tough but that's what you get with a new case over time it will be easy. I'm planning on adding a tempered class screen protector. Has anyone tested it out if so how is it? …
- Written by Eric J from Fresno
Had several mishaps since getting this, but no problem. Pleasantly surprised a bumper case can provide such fine protection.
- Written by Creed E from Livermore
Tavik Bumper Case
I bought my wife a red one of these last Christmas and just bought a black one for myself last week. This is an excellent bumper c I bought my wife a red one of these last Christmas and just bought a black one for myself last week. This is an excellent bumper case - almost perfect. Perfect would be a Tavik that was a bit thinner. Yes the buttons are a little stiff to start with but by using Trevor's tip to work them in before putting the case on the phone works a treat. Simply ignore the poor reviews! Btw: this is the first time I've written an on-line product review for anything. …
- Written by Brian L from SYDNEY
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will non-apple headphones fit in the space in the bumper provided for the headphone port?
- Asked by Feodor K from Brooklyn
Best way is to try! My Klipsch X7i fit...just perfect.
- Answered by Thai H from Sugar Land
How good is the grip with the soft /hard rubber?
- Asked by Muhd Najib A from Taman Permata
Is the back of the phone protected?
- Asked by Stephane G from Houston
No, it's a Bumper, like on a car it goes around the outside to protect against knocks. Stephane,
No, it's a Bumper, like on a car it goes around the outside to protect against knocks.
- Answered by R B from Christchurch
Will this case work with the Lightning/30 Pin Adapter?
- Asked by Alexander M from Bellevue
No, it doesn't. I tried to charge my phone in my car today with the lightning -> 30 pin adapter and No, it doesn't. I tried to charge my phone in my car today with the lightning -> 30 pin adapter and it wouldn't push in all the way because of a little chamfered inside edge. …
- Answered by Tanya B