Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
JAM is built for GarageBand and Logic Pro, but its special circuitry is also designed to make the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app sound their best. For the novice or the most seasoned guitar player, JAM provides inspiring tone for practicing, recording or just jamming.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimised for the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
Apogee Electronics—Setting the standard since 1985
For over 25 years, Apogee Electronics has been a leader in professional digital audio. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings.
- No configuration, just plug in and play
- Easily adjust input levels for any instrument
- Works with GarageBand, as well as any Core Audio compatible application on your Mac
- Designed specifically for electric guitar and bass
- Multi-colour LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- High-quality locking output connects directly to the iPad, iPhone and dock connector port or the USB port on a Mac
- PureDIGITAL instrument connection delivers pristine sound quality with 96kHz, 24-bit analogue-to-digital conversion.
Did you notice?Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends ForBeginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording or just jamming on both iPad and Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee JAM Guitar Input
- Lightning cable
- 30-pin cable
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: USB
- Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
- Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
- Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
- 1.5 Ghz or faster Intel processor
- 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
- USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning or 30-pin connector (for iOS devices)
- GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application
- Mfr. Part Number: JAM
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301143
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-time in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-time in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
133-622 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Absolutely LOVE it!
The title says it all. I love my Apogee JAM. I am also a huge proponent of Agile Partner/Peavey's AmpKit, which this works perfect The title says it all. I love my Apogee JAM. I am also a huge proponent of Agile Partner/Peavey's AmpKit, which this works perfectly with. However, if you plug it in while using AmpKit, you'll have to close and open the app. No big deal, though. Also, compared to the Amplitube iRig I used to have, the sound quality difference is phenomenally better. As far as build quality, I would have preferred a light metal to the plastic, but I enjoy it not weighing much. Overall excellent product for amp simulationon the iPhone/iPad! …
- Written by Matthew S from CHURCH HILL
272 of 307 people found this useful
Amazing writing/jamming device
Thanks to the combination of the Apogee Jam and GarageBand for iPad.
I've been writing a lot more music. It's incredible how goo Thanks to the combination of the Apogee Jam and GarageBand for iPad.
I've been writing a lot more music. It's incredible how good the guitar signal and the amps sound with this set up. Thank you Apogee and Apple. …
- Written by Sergio R from north hollywood
235 of 267 people found this useful
This useful item is great for recording on the Mac or using your iPad. Anyone who needs a quick way to get into recording or just This useful item is great for recording on the Mac or using your iPad. Anyone who needs a quick way to get into recording or just doesn't need the complications that come with a big setup this is for you! …
- Written by Matt P from Cocoa
238 of 273 people found this useful
Good, but not great.
It does what it says, but does pick up a bit of a buzz if your laptop is floating (not plugged in to the wall).
- Written by Mark Z from Santa Monica
1 of 1 people found this useful
The Jam's great - but a 35% price rise in 12 months?
I love the Jam; it does what it does, as good as you could hope. It's clean, simple, and together with Garageband it can make a ru I love the Jam; it does what it does, as good as you could hope. It's clean, simple, and together with Garageband it can make a rubbish guitar soar.
But when I bought mine from the Apple store last December it was $119, and less than a year later it's $160.
Times must be tough. …
- Written by Noel B from Mount St Thomas
Second to none
It's my second Apogee (I own MIC which I love). I'll just say this: no latency and no hum. Almost unreal. Crystal clear signal. Ab It's my second Apogee (I own MIC which I love). I'll just say this: no latency and no hum. Almost unreal. Crystal clear signal. Absolutely brilliant. …
- Written by Vladimir P from Winnipeg
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can I use the Apogee JAM Guitar Input to turn my ipad, iphone into a mini portable amp?
- Asked by Susan B from Mill Village
Yes, if you have Garageband or other audio apps, You will also need to either run the audio out the Yes, if you have Garageband or other audio apps, You will also need to either run the audio out the headphone jack to a speaker with 1/8 inch inputs or use a bluetooth-enabled speaker, …
- Answered by Herman M from Baton Rouge
How do you power the iPad if you are using the Apogee JAM?
- Asked by Jared M from Kirkland
You cannot power the ipad if it is tethered to Jam. It uses power from the ipad.
- Answered by Herman M from Baton Rouge
Can I plug a mic in to an iPad using this too?
- Asked by Harvey P
you can plug a dynamic microphone in by using an impedance transformer! Not a studio condenser micro you can plug a dynamic microphone in by using an impedance transformer! Not a studio condenser microphone though which, if fine by me! …
- Answered by John R
Does this work with FL Studio Mobile?
- Asked by Mack W from Temecula
Yes, it also works with apps like Auria for iPad, Amplitube, Cubasis and JamUp.
- Answered by Rob C from Nashville