Questions & Answers for Belkin 4-Port USB 3.0 Desktop Hub
12 Questions from the Community
Can this be used with IPad?
- Asked by Donna B from Flushing
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with IPad?)
Revised: I did a couple of extra tests after reading your question, and revised my previous answer:
Yes, the Belkin 4 port will work with your iMac 2013, with some provisos.
I have the 27" iMac 2013 and have 2 of these hubs working.
They support USB 3 devices and such things as keyboards etc.
However, neither of my Belkin USB 3 hubs recognizes USB 2 memory sticks (I have all 4 ports used, so they may be running short of power)
Also, with both my copies of the Belkin 4 port hub, my keyboard stops working from time to time. If I unplug it and plug it in again, it works again.
With the same set up, my Anker 10 port USB hub was able to run 4+ devices with no problem, charged my iPhone quickly, and recognized any USB 2 or 3 memory sticks.
My conclusion is that, if you have devices that draw power from the hub, a more robust model is a better bet.
I have the Anker 10 port I mentioned and am happy with it.
HooToo's 10 port USB 3 hub got excellent reviews lately also.
I'm about to replace the Belkin 4 port with a newer, more robust model.
- Answered by Thomas D from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this hub compatible to my NEW Mac Pro late 2013)
If I only use the hub for extra ports and connect the hub to the Mac, do I still need to connect the Switching Adapter to the hub from a power source?
No answers yet
Will this hub support a wireless mouse?
The small piece that you must plug into the laptop while using a wireless mouse, will this hub support one?
- Asked by Robert M from Davidsonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this hub support a wireless mouse?)
Will this hub chafe an iPad and communicate with it on all of the USB ports?
- Asked by Martin T from Eastsound
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this hub chafe an iPad and communicate with it on all of the USB ports?)
I have the Belkin 4-Port USB 2.0 hub connected to my iMac 27". All works just fine with the iPhone and iPad. The only exception is that the powered portion of the hub will not charge the iPad. iPhone charges just fine. This is because the iPad requires a greater charge rate than what the wall-wart of the Belkin can provide.
Not a big deal for me as I recharge my i devices using their approriate chargers. The only time they are connected to the Belkin is to synce with iTunes
I would think that the 3.0 version would do better.
- Answered by Chris L. D from Layton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this hub chafe an iPad and communicate with it on all of the USB ports?)
Will this usb hub sync ipad, connect time machine, printer, & mac disc drive?
Just looking for a hub that will charge/connect/support the above. Don't want to spend a fortune, but I've run out of ports.
- Asked by Rachael E from Nilma
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this usb hub sync ipad, connect time machine, printer, & mac disc drive?)
will this hub support a usb superdrive plugged from my MAC air?
- Asked by Paul F from Oak Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate (will this hub support a usb superdrive plugged from my MAC air?)
No. This is not, however, a limitation of the hub. The superdrive itself does not support being connected through *any* hub. It is designed to be plugged directly into the mac and only works that way. Several folks have given the hub bad reviews bc of this, but it has nothing to do with the hub and those reviews should be removed.
- Answered by Sterling Q from Fredericksburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this hub support a usb superdrive plugged from my MAC air?)
Will this hub support my 2TB WD hard drive,mac book pro,numarkk dj controller and still give me a plug to connect to my audio mixer for sound input in
I need a hub that I can plug into my MacBook Pro to give me more usb connections. I will be connecting the following.
1. Western Digital Elements 2TB Hard Drive with my music files on it
2. Numark NS6 dj controller
3.Allen & Heath ZED22FX Audio Mixer
The MBP works fine with the dj controller and Audio Mixer but I recently added the 2TB hard drive and need another usb connector.
- Asked by Howard P from Seabrook
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this hub support my 2TB WD hard drive,mac book pro,numarkk dj controller and still give me a plug to connect to my audio mixer for sound input in)
Does this hub support a bus-powered small 2 1/2" HD like the G-Tech slim or mobile?
- Asked by Dennis P from Palm Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this hub support a bus-powered small 2 1/2" HD like the G-Tech slim or mobile?)
Yes, I power a 2.5 inch bus-powered 7200rpm drive from it without problems.
- Answered by Frank K from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this hub support a bus-powered small 2 1/2" HD like the G-Tech slim or mobile?)
will this support an ipad air fast charge
I am looking for a power usb hub that will not only support usb devices like external drives,etc. but will also support sync and fast charge of an ipad air. Unfortunately most hubs only provide the minimum usb power 500 mA or something like that or others like 900 mA but the ipad air requires more...
- Asked by Bruce S from Warminster
- Flag as inappropriate (will this support an ipad air fast charge)
No, it won't. I'm designing apps and need a hub that will support charging AND syncing of the iPad. I was told that this one would because it has an external power supply. But it doesn't work any differently than the $9 special with no external power source.
- Answered by Crishana B from Richardson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this support an ipad air fast charge)
Can I use the Belkin 4-Port USB 3.0 Desktop Hub to charge my iphones (2 or 3) at the same time without connecting the hub to PC or Mac?
No answers yet