Similar questions from the community
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my newly bought MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, or can I use the USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought from Apple Store earlier this year?
- Asked by Michael H from Henderson
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store)
will a usb superdrive connected to a Macbook air play a dvd on an apple tv
MacBook Air 2012 OSX 10.9
- Asked by Dale R from Ashland
- Flag as inappropriate (will a usb superdrive connected to a Macbook air play a dvd on an apple tv)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?
I plan to purchase the 2012 27" iMac which has no optical drive. I have Windows 7 on DVD and wish to Bootcamp a partition of Macintosh HD.
Once I start up my new iMac in Windows 7, will this optical drive work for it or will I have to purchase a PC USB CD/DVD drive?
The requirements state that you need a mac, but not OS X. Thanks.
- Asked by Michael O from Oxnard
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
can the usb superdrive be hooked up to a normal TV?
I have a dvd drive in my macbook pro that works just fine, but i like to multitask on my down time. so can the USB SuperDrive be hooked up to a normal TV that way i can watch a movie and still be able to use my mac for other things? If not, is there a way to work around that by hooking it up to a secondary unit that routs into the TV?
- Asked by Rebecca F from Falcon
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be hooked up to a normal TV?)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
Compatible with all recent Macs?
Is this compatible with all recent Macs, or is it like earlier USB SuperDrives in that it is modded to only work with Macs that don't have an optical drive (MacBook Air, Mac mini Server, and now, the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display)?
- Asked by Jackson H from Avon
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with all recent Macs?)
Is there a difference between the old and the new? Will the old one still work on new machines and will the new one work on older Airs and Minis.
Apple USB SuperDrive
Does USB SuperDrive work seamlessly with iDVD?
I have the original mac mini with standard drive. Will the USB SuperDrive allow me to burn iDVD projects to DVD's?
- Asked by Brendan O
- Flag as inappropriate (Does USB SuperDrive work seamlessly with iDVD?)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with my 2009 macbook air?
I have a macbook air mid 2009 and i need a exturnal cd-rom, if i can't get one ill need to sell it and get an other one.
- Asked by Cory K from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with my 2009 macbook air?)
Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?
I need a drive to upload photos provided to me by parents for a school event.
I have a MacBook Air.
- Asked by Kathleen S from Largo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple USB SuperDrive to upload photos to IMovie?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with a Mac Book Pro?
- Asked by James W. H from Dorchester
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with a Mac Book Pro?)
I am confused between Apple USB superdrive and the Macbook Air superdrive MBAC
- Asked by Dinah E from Baybay Leyte
- Flag as inappropriate (I am confused between Apple USB superdrive and the Macbook Air superdrive MBAC)
Will my old MacBook Air SuperDrive MB397G/A work on the new MBP retina displays?
Apologies but I'm finding conflicting answers online to this... I'm upgrading to a new retina 15" from my old air that died a few months ago, went to buy and noticed the MBP with optical drive has been ended so going the retina route but do I have to buy another SuperDrive or will the model above work still? Many thanks...
- Asked by Neil W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my old MacBook Air SuperDrive MB397G/A work on the new MBP retina displays?)
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?
I have many usb items that I need to use with my MacBook Air, so is it possible to use the SuperDrive while plugged into a hub or does it have to be connected directly to the MacBook?
- Asked by Peter P from West Seneca
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?)