I want to connect time capsule to a thunderbolt external hard drive. Can I do that and what cables do I use
2 Answers from the Community
There is no way to connect a Thunderbolt external hard drive to the Apple Time Capsule.
-connecting a Thunderbolt to Enet adapter to a Thunderbolt external hard drive doesn't do anything useful. (no NAS support built-in to Thunderbolt hard drives)
-Apple Time Capsule doesn't support adding extra storage via enet or USB2 (although it could possibly support adding storage via USB2)
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Time Capsule supports add on hard drives with USB 2 as of this date. It works well and reasonably fast for most uses.
- Answered by James P from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?
- Asked by Armando M from Wilson
- Flag as inappropriate (Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Can I back-up from an external hard drive to time capsule
- Asked by Laura T from Exeter
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back-up from an external hard drive to time capsule)
- Asked about: Mac