Will an upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard improve speed and functionality?
Hello, I have a tiger 10.4, and was wondering if this upgrade to snow leopard will improve on my computer's speed for general things, such as running several programs at once, not having it lag and such. My computer isn't terribly slow, but let us say I am familiar with the colorful beachball icon when things start to slow down.
- Asked by Ricardo M from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard improve speed and functionality?)
2 Answers from the Community
It certainly did for me! I was having problems with many applications lagging, overall slow performance, and many applications running below expected performance levels.
I upgraded to 10.6 Snow Leopard and noticed a complete difference. Much faster startup, applications launch and run faster, and internet and email seems to be much smoother and quicker.
I also used a utility called "MacKeeper" which I think is a MUST HAVE piece of software for any mac user. Cleans out old files, duplicates, splits binaries, etc. Certainly give it a try as I think you will like it!
I think you will be really pleased with the 10.4 to 10.6 upgrade!
- Answered by Cory P from Greenville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Just have 2 GB of RAM or more for best results.
- Answered by Marcus H from Chapel Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Are there any improvements in functionality over the previous version?
- Asked by Kiran P from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any improvements in functionality over the previous version?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
why upgrade from snow leopard to mountain lion
- Asked by Julie P from Mercer Island
- Flag as inappropriate (why upgrade from snow leopard to mountain lion)
- Asked about: Mac
is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?
- Asked by Philip S from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
No answers yet