Is the XServe RAID card end-user installable? Can the on-board SATA/SAS Controller be kept by the customer as a backup?
1 Answer from the Community
I've witnessed a complete tear-down and rebuild of a 2009 Xserve and couldn't believe how easy it is. For the drive interconnect board (the piece you'll need to replace) you just unscrew a plastic cover and disconnect 1 or 2 cables, remove existing card, mount your card in place, reconnect, replace the plastic cover and you're in business.
- Answered by Krzysztof K from Derby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I bought a MacPro (Not a Xserve) with Leopard SERVER couple of weeks before SL came out. Can I get a deal on the Mas OS X Snow Leopard SERVER ?
- Asked by Fabrice L from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought a MacPro (Not a Xserve) with Leopard SERVER couple of weeks before SL came out. Can I get a deal on the Mas OS X Snow Leopard SERVER ?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard