What's the difference between this and the dual-link adapter? Is it just the USB socket? Will this work between a macbook pro and 30" cinema display?
1 Answer from the Community
This is a single-link adaptor, meaning half the data pins on this are inactive, and are simply there to allow you to use duel-link cables. If you use this adaptor with a 30" display, you will not be able to provide the required resolution, and the image will be fuzzy as a result. Duel-Link is what you want.
- Answered by Jenna F from Ryde
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
WANT TO CONNECT NEW MACBOOK PRO TO 30" CINEMA DISPLAY. WHICH ADAPTOR?
- Asked by David S from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (WANT TO CONNECT NEW MACBOOK PRO TO 30" CINEMA DISPLAY. WHICH ADAPTOR?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter