How do I send an iMessage? Do I need apple id or can I use their iPhone number?
- Asked by Michele K from Rome
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I send an iMessage? Do I need apple id or can I use their iPhone number?)
4 Answers from the Community
To send or at least use iMessage, you of course have to use an iPhone,iPad, or an iPod Touch to send the message. If they have an iPhone you use their phone number, but if they have an iPad,iPod Touch or any device with out a phone number, you have to use the email they set iMessage up with.
I hope this helps you.
- Answered by Carolyn H from Glassport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes you need apple id to send imessage
- Answered by Rina M from Leesburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You may send an iMessage from either your phone number or your AppleID on an iPhone. If you are using an iPad, iPod Touch, or a Mac you will be using your AppleID. Your AppleID and iPhone's phone number will both receive iMessages (be sure to have your AppleID set up in your iPhone's settings to ensure you get the same messages on your iPad, iPod, and Mac).
To receive an iMessage your recipient must be using an iPhone (with just a number or with an AppleID) with iMessage on it OR they should be using an iPod, iPad, or Mac with their AppleID.
- Answered by Sassy S from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Nathan G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Who receives imessages when you send to one person?
- Asked by Bronwyn S from Numurk
- Flag as inappropriate (Who receives imessages when you send to one person?)
does imessage use my data plan?
- Asked by Shanna J from Clovis
- Flag as inappropriate (does imessage use my data plan?)