apple tv vga projector
I wish to use apple Tv in a classroom environment and I have a VGA data projector and iPad mini for use in class. What other items would I need to purchase to make this possible? Would I need a Apple Airport for wireless or could I directly hard cable the apple tv box into the school network for internet connectivity?
- Asked by Ryan O
- Flag as inappropriate (apple tv vga projector)
2 Answers from the Community
You would need a HDMI cable and a HDMI to VGA connector or a HDMI to VGA cable. As long as your iPad and the Apple TV are on the same network and can see each other, hard cabling the Apple Tv to your school network should be fine. Again your iPad must be wirelessly connected to the same network.
You could also forego the Apple TV altogether and just use a 30 pin or lightning (depending on which iPad you have) to VGA Adapter.
Both cables can be found in the Apple store if you do it this way. (my instructor does Apple Keynote lessons (same as powerpoint) this way, but you can display any content from your iPad)
- Answered by Miles R from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All you need is a VGA adapter and a long enough cable to reach the projector. Alternatively, you can use an Apple TV with a VGA adapter to the projector. If your projector has an HDMI input, you do not need the VCA adapter.
Adaptors are available from Apple or 3rd parties, like RocketFish
- Answered by Robert M from Cobourg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how far can the apple tv be from the television
- Asked by Adam W R from North Ryde
- Flag as inappropriate (how far can the apple tv be from the television)
No answers yet
can i use apple tv with my iPad to stream on television
- Asked by Jay F from Tamiment
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPad to stream on television)