Combining three capsules and four different pattern settings, the Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer. It can capture anything with a clarity and ease unheard of in a USB microphone.
Blue's innovative triple-capsule array lets you record in stereo or your choice of three unique patterns, including cardioid, omni-directional and bi-directional - recording capabilities that usually require multiple microphones. All it takes is a twist of the pattern selector knob.
The high-quality analogue-to-digital convertor sends incredible audio fidelity directly into your computer. You also get a built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring and simple controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute and microphone gain, located directly on the microphone.
Remarkable ease of use
There are no drivers to install; simply plug the Yeti into your Mac or PC, load up your favourite recording software and record something amazing.
- Three precision, 14-mm, tuned condenser capsules
- Proprietary tri-capsule array
- Mic gain control
- Four polar pattern selectors: Stereo, cardioid, Omni, bi-directional
- Mute button and master volume control
- Zero-latency headphone output with amplifier and volume control
- USB mini-jack
- Standard, threaded mic-stand mount
- Customised base with cable management
Did you notice?Thanks to the triple-capsule array, you can easily select from one of four recording pattern settings - giving you the capabilities of multiple mics in one.
Apple Recommends ForCreating superb recordings on your Mac simply by plugging the mic into a free USB port and firing up GarageBand or any other favourite recording software.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Yeti USB microphone
- USB cable
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- THD: 0.009%
- Power: 5V 150mA
- Height: 11.61 in./29.5 cm
- Width: 4.92 in./12.5 cm
- Depth: 4.72 in./12.0 cm
- Weight: Microphone: 1.2 lb./0.55 kg; stand: 2.2 lb./1 kg
- Mac OS X v.10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB RAM
- USB 1.1 or 2.0 port
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- UPC or EAN No.: 836213001950
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the Blue Yeti be used with the iPad Air (latest gen iPad)?
- Asked by Glenn L from Richmond Hill
The Blue Yeti works with the iPad Air straight through the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" for me. The Blue Yeti works with the iPad Air straight through the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" for me. Just make sure you plug the USB cable from the Yeti into the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" plug BEFORE plugging it into the iPad Air to avoid the "too much power is required" error. Also, if you plan on monitoring the audio input with headphones through the zero latency headphone jack ON THE MIC, plug in your headphones BEFORE plugging everything into the iPad, otherwise the "too much power" error will appear.
I have not had to use an external USB hub following the method I just described, and hopefully it wasn't just blind luck. Good luck! …
- Answered by Chris T from Springfield
Does blue yeti USB microphone work with windows 8
- Asked by Rebecca E from Lilydale
Is this a good microphone for recording meetings for later transcription of the audio? How large are the audio files for hours of meetings?
- Asked by Ron S from Issaquah
This type of mic is great for just this type of situation. The Yeti has a variety of settings that o This type of mic is great for just this type of situation. The Yeti has a variety of settings that optimise it for different room environments and recording arrangements. If you want to record two people sitting on opposite sides of the mic, you can choose the bidirectional setting. If you have the mic positioned in front of a group of people, you could use either the stereo or omnidirectional options. If you have the mic in the middle of a group, go with omnidirectional. …
- Answered by Jess B from Brisbane
Can they be used to record trumpet?
- Asked by Graham H from Reedy Creek
If you sit back a little from the microphone and change it to stereo mode, it'll get the job done
- Answered by Ahmed S
How to connect this Yeti to iPad?
- Asked by Yili H from London
You need the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter"
- Answered by Chris T from Springfield
compatible with dragon natural speaking?
- Asked by Dr Phillip D from Kansas City
Not sure if it's on Dragon's approved list but I do use the Yeti with Dragon Speak Naturally Speakin Not sure if it's on Dragon's approved list but I do use the Yeti with Dragon Speak Naturally Speaking for mac version 3 and it works GREAT...better than the Blue Snowball mic and better than any Plantronics USB in ear mice. Gooooo Yeti! …
- Answered by Gayle G from Cave Creek