The Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers bring true hi-fi quality sound to your desktop, giving your Mac the audio enhancement it deserves. The MM-1 speakers have two drivers, one dedicated to bass and mid-range frequencies and another for the treble, so they deliver accurate sound, just like full-sized speakers.
Full remote control for MM-1 and iTunes
The beautifully designed infrared remote controls the basic functions of the MM-1 and iTunes, so you can play and pause, and skip tracks forward or back from almost anywhere in the room.
Great highs and rich bass
The MM-1 tweeters incorporate a tube-loaded design which dampens resonance and produces purer, high-frequency sounds. By adjusting the sound balance depending on the signal, these speakers keep bass effects powerful and music sounding rich and detailed, no matter how loud you play it.
Enhanced sound from headphones and Mac
Thanks to its high-quality headphone output, when you plug your headphones directly into the speakers, the audio from your Mac is enhanced by high-quality DACs.
Plus, you can stream audio directly from your Mac via USB, with your MM-1 speakers acting as an external sound card to give you the best possible audio quality.
- Superb compact desktop speakers with big sound
- Nautilus drive-unit technology for accurate sound
- DSP tuning keeps bass effects powerful
- Rich, detailed music, no matter how loud you play it
- USB connection to your Mac
- Improve the audio quality
- High-quality headphone output, using studio-grade DACs
- Enhanced sound for Mac headphone output
- Full remote control for iTunes
- Cloth grill and aluminium top plate to complement your Mac
- Aux line-in for use with iPod or iPhone
Did you notice?You can stream audio directly from your Mac via USB, with your MM-1 speakers acting as an external sound card, to give you the best possible audio quality.
Apple Recommends ForGreat sound from your Mac and iTunes, with full remote control, giving your Mac the audio enhancement it deserves.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 speakers
- Remote control
- Power supply
- USB cable
- 3.5 mm stereo jack AUX cable
- Frequency Response: -6dB at 38Hz and 22kHz
- Connections: USB, Headphone port
- Power: 100V - 240V ac 50/60Hz on external power supply, 16V DC on product
- Height: 6.7 in./170 mm
- Width: 3.9 in./100 mm
- Depth: 3.9 in./100 mm
- Weight: 1.87 lb./0.85 kg per speaker
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346311309
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How do these speakers compare to the Focal XS Satellite Speakers and Subwoofer? Which should I buy to use with both my iMac or my MacBook Pro? Thanks
- Asked by Ian B from Wedmore
The Focal XS 2.1 speakers offer considerably more bass response for a hundred dollars more. They al The Focal XS 2.1 speakers offer considerably more bass response for a hundred dollars more. They also have a built-in dock for quick charging or listening to your iPod library. They are, however, not as sonically nor acoustically clear as the MM-1s. Though they cannot achieve uncomfortable levels, the Focals are much, much more powerful due much to their massive subwoofer. If your main intentions are acoustic or jazz soundscapes in a tiny room, the MM-1s are desirable. If you plan on watching movies as well as music and want some major punch to your computer entertainment center, the Focals are better because their satellite speakers are still pretty slim on the desk. …
- Answered by Jeffrey S from Indianapolis
Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?
- Asked by Mitch D from Montreal
How do the MM-1 Speakers stack up against the Bose Companion 5? Is it even a comparison??
- Asked by Robert I from Farmers Branch
Thank you for the detailed differences between the two company apporaches.
I went ahead and purc Thank you for the detailed differences between the two company apporaches.
I went ahead and purchased the B&W MM-1's a few months ago, re-ripped half of my iTunes library in lossless and I have to say that the speakers are similpy amazing.
It allows you to appreciate your music in a whole new way, a way that gives you goose bumps when you listen to your favorite song or CD. The speakers let you listen to music the way music was supposed to be listened to.
They will only get better with time. You will be blown away. …
- Answered by Sam I from Farmers Branch
1. How big does this speaker's AC adapter? I couldn't find any photo on Internet. 2. How long the cable between L&R?
- Asked by 好宣 尾 from 江戸川区
Normal size 2 prong plug. A wire leads from plug to a voltage converter box that is of typical size Normal size 2 prong plug. A wire leads from plug to a voltage converter box that is of typical size as one for a laptop computer- about 5 inches long. Another wire leads from theconverter box to the right loudspeaker.
Length of wire between Left and right speaker I would guess is at least 4 feet. I only use about 2 feet to straddle my 15" Macbook Pro. Unused wire coils up below left speaker. …
- Answered by Murray B from Potomac
Do these MM-1 speakers work with the MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Bruce S from Emo
These speakers work beautifully with the MacBook Pro. I am a recently retired teacher, and I used t These speakers work beautifully with the MacBook Pro. I am a recently retired teacher, and I used those speakers in the classroom for educational dvds, and to show movies right before the Christmas holiday. It really provided theater-quality sound, and the kids loved it! …
- Answered by Marlene S. J from Grants
Do these MM-1 speakers work with the Mac Pro?
- Asked by Ronald P from New York
They most certainly do work with a Mac Pro. I have had these speakers for over a year, and the soun They most certainly do work with a Mac Pro. I have had these speakers for over a year, and the sound experience has been great! I also use them with my kitchen TV--it is like having a theater in your kitchen. I also play my iPod off them. …
- Answered by Marlene S. J from Grants