Transfer video from a VCR, DVR, set-top box, camcorder or any other analogue video source to your Mac as an iTunes-ready file. The easy-to-use software guides you through each step, from connecting an analogue video source, to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it.
Simple one-click functions
One simple click adds your captured video to iTunes to sync with your iPod, iPhone and Apple TV. Edit your video right away in iMovie or play it in QuickTime and upload it directly to YouTube.
Connect any analogue video device to your Mac
Elgato Video Capture features composite and S-Video inputs allowing you to connect any analogue video device to your Mac, and it comes with a SCART adapter.
High-quality video capture for all regions
Elgato Video Capture handles NTSC, SECAM, PAL, and PAL/60 video and records in iTunes-ready, high quality H.264 or MPEG-4 files. Select between 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios to match the source video for optimal playback quality.
- Transfer video from a VCR, DVR, camcorder or any other analog video source to your Mac
- One-click export to iTunes, QuickTime and iMovie
- Direct upload to YouTube
- Features Composite and S-Video inputs
- Captures NTSC, PAL and SECAM
- Records in iTunes-ready high quality H.264 or MPEG-4 files
- Selectable 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios to match the source video
- Handy tool to trim the beginning and end of the captured video file
- Comes with Composite-to-SCART adaptor and Composite video/RCA stereo cable
Did you notice?After capturing you can edit your video right away in iMovie.
Apple Recommends ForCapturing video from analogue sources such as a VCR or camcorder so that you can edit and play the video on your Mac, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Video Capture hardware
- Elgato Video Capture software (CD-ROM)
- Proof of purchase key
- Composite-to-SCART adaptor
- Composite video/RCA stereo cable
- Connections: USB 2.0, RCA Plug, S-Video, Composite
- Height: 1.18 in./30 mm
- Width: 0.47 in./12 mm
- Length: 2.87 in./73 mm
- Mac OS X v.10.5.6 or later
- Mac Intel Core Duo processor
- 512 MB RAM
- QuickTime v7.6 or later, iTunes v8.1 or later
- UPC or EAN No.: 852095000218
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What is the difference between Elgato and Roxio Easy VHS to DVD (Mac)
- Asked by Mark C
The Elgato-branded device outputs MPEG-4 video, while the Roxio device outputs MPEG-2 files (the sam The Elgato-branded device outputs MPEG-4 video, while the Roxio device outputs MPEG-2 files (the same format as commercial DVDs).
From - Tim E Robertson "Publisher MyMac" …
- Answered by Greg H from Buford
can I use this for streaming video with livestream? if so how?
- Asked by Sinclair J from Anthem
No, you can't. Elgato Video Capture only works with the Elgaot-Software for recording, not for strea No, you can't. Elgato Video Capture only works with the Elgaot-Software for recording, not for streaming. …
- Answered by Mark S
Will the Elgato work with a 1996 JVC GR-AX 94 camcorder? It has a white and yellow outlet. I want to transfer the video to my iMac OS 10.8.2 MLion
- Asked by Mary S from Conyers
I haven't used this capture device yet, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work. Your camcorder I haven't used this capture device yet, but there is no reason why it shouldn't work. Your camcorder has a composite video output (yellow) and a mono audio output (white), which should be accepted by the Elgato capture. …
- Answered by Darren S
can i use this to capture my xbox or ps3 gameplay
- Asked by Laurie H from Stamford
Yes, I use it for that. The best you will get is 480p though, plus you can't stream with it. I wou Yes, I use it for that. The best you will get is 480p though, plus you can't stream with it. I would recommend "Black Magic" instead. $50.00 more and you can record 720p, plus stream to justin.tv or ustream. …
- Answered by Erik R from Hopkins