Imagine being able to control your TV or stereo using your always-handy iPhone. Or your iPod touch. Or your iPad.
Beacon pairs with your iOS device via Bluetooth and works with Dijit's Universal Remote App to put complete control of your home entertainment center in the palm of your hand.
No dongles. No wires. No cables.
Control your home entertainment system using the Universal Remote App on your Multi-Touch display.
Quick and easy setup
The free Dijit app uses a library of constantly updated device codes to simplify setup for your TV, set-top box, sound system, media players, and more. There's even an integrated learning feature for components not yet included in Dijit's library.
Bluetooth pairing is simple and puts you just a few taps away from using Dijit's intuitive Program Guide and your touchscreen-based device to change channels, volumes, input, set your DVR, and more.
- Turn your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into a universal remote control
- Blends unobtrusively with any decor
- Works with Dijit's Universal Remote app, free from the App Store
- Setup is simple and intuitive
- No wires or power cables, runs on four AA batteries
Did you notice?Your entertainment system expects a remote control to speak to it via infrared signals. Your iOS device speaks Bluetooth. Beacon acts as a bridge between them. No wires. No dongles.
Apple Recommends ForControlling your entertainment system with your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch using Beacon and Dijit's free Universal Remote app.
What's in the Box?
- Griffin Beacon Universal Remote
- Four AA batteries
- Connections: HDTV,TV,AV Receiver,Apple TV
- Height: 7.24 in./18.4 cm
- Width: 2.56 in./6.50 cm
- Weight: 4.32 oz./122.47 g
- Length: 5.00 in./12.7 cm
- Dijit Universal Remote with TV and Netflix Listings app (Free download from App Store in iTunes)
- Mfr. Part Number: GC17126
- UPC or EAN No.: 685387329472
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- Warranty: One year
Dijit Remote with TV Show Guide
The Dijit Universal Remote turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a TV Guide with optional universal remote control (ONLY WHEN PAIRED with Griffin Technology's Beacon. http://www.griffintechnology.com/beacon
. If you do not have a Beacon you will only have access to the TV Guide functionality.)
The Dijit Remote with NextGuide delivers a customized electronic program guide (EPG) for your personal TV channel lineup. Simply identify your cable/satellite provider, and Dijit will find all your listings. From there you can quickly prune your guide to just show the channels and shows you like to watch, and hide all the rest. Even better, with NextGuide support you can connect to Facebook and get TV recommendations automatically from your friends. For more about NextGuide services, check out http://www.nextguide.tv
With Dijit Remote plus Griffin’s Beacon, you can finally clean up your coffee table and put your extra remotes away in a drawer somewhere. Now your iPhone is your remote. At last your whole family (and even guests) will be able to figure out how to control all the different devices and inputs you have in the living room!
The Dijit Remote gives you a perfectly customizable remote control interface, where you decide exactly which buttons appear when you want them to. No more squinting at 73 identically shaped buttons on your remote, just the ones you want and need. Using the app is incredibly simple. Add each device you want to control with just a few taps using our included device library. You can even create “activities” so you can push one click, and automatically turn on the TV, Blu-Ray player, and Stereo all at the same time.
The Dijit Remote works perfectly with your Griffin Beacon. Download it for free, pair via Bluetooth with the Beacon, and you are connected with your home entertainment system.
• Activities to let you combine multiple remote control events from one button push
• Built-in device code (over 200,000 TVs, DVD players, Blu-Rays, DVRs, Set-Tops, and more) library for instant programming
• Integrated learning feature for advanced or custom controls
• Fully customizable button layout
• Support for multiple systems in different rooms or homes
• Touch and Swipe gestures to simplify changing channels and volume
• Social networking built in so you can share your viewing status with your friends
• Program guide that works with every channel provider in the US and Canada
• TV recommendations from Facebook: link your Facebook account with Dijit and see what your friends like to watch in the "My Shows" tab
• Great for Roku and other Netflix-enabled devices
• WiFi support for Roku. No need for IR.
• YouTube video clip search, playback, and sharing Facebook integrated into TV show guide …
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If we have 2 iphones plus iPads can all these control the devices at the same time?
- Asked by Walter A from Black Rock
No you have to manually reset the transmitter to pair with a different device. It only accepts one d No you have to manually reset the transmitter to pair with a different device. It only accepts one device at a time. …
- Answered by Troy K from Valley Springs
Is this an IR only remote station? or does it also have UHF remote capabilities?
- Asked by Karl S from Oakville
It is infrared only.
- Answered by Matthew E from Belmont
will this work for a bose lifestyle system?
- Asked by Dougal G from Bondi Junction
No. Bose use RF to transmit remote codes. The beacon uses IR.
- Answered by Robert F from George Town
Not sure about Foxtel, but I tossed my Beacon. It is slow and unresponsive (especially with the XBOX Not sure about Foxtel, but I tossed my Beacon. It is slow and unresponsive (especially with the XBOX). And going through 4 AA batteries about every 2 weeks really blew! The customizable layouts and everything are sweet, but functionality is pitiful. Customer service closed my support request saying "If you are having intermittent use, try turning all the lights off, it works better in low light situations." What a crock!
For functionality I say go with FLPR. Works great! …
- Answered by Troy K from Valley Springs