EyeTV Hybrid is a versatile hybrid TV tuner stick (Freeview, DVB-C, analogue TV, FM Radio) that lets you watch live digital and analogue television your Mac. EyeTV Hybrid is the right choice if you get your digital TV signal from unscrambled cable or from an aerial or you receive analogue TV. Simply connect EyeTV Hybrid to the coaxial cable or connect to your TV aerial to receive the free-to-view TV programmes that are broadcast over-the-air.
EyeTV Hybrid comes with a breakout cable for composite (RCA) and S-Video which you can use to capture video from a VCR or camcorder in standard definition.
EyeTV Hybrid is the only EyeTV device that receives FM radio as well as television. Tune in, record your favourite radio programmes and then export them into iTunes to enjoy later on your iPod or iPhone.
EyeTV DTT can be used in countries where digital terrestrial television is broadcast. Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK and TNT in France.
EyeTV – watch, record, edit, enjoy!
Watch with EyeTV - pause and rewind live television on your Mac – at your desk or from the comfort of your sofa. Relax in your living room and use the EyeTV remote to channel surf and navigate the full screen menus.
Record with EyeTV 3 – the integrated Programme Guide with two full weeks of detailed TV listings.* Search for your favourite programmes, topics and actors using multiple criteria and full text search terms, and save and record your searches in one easy step. You can even record an entire TV series automatically.
Includes a free one-year subscription to TV listings data from tvtv, with optional renewal.
Edit with EyeTV 3’s – the built-in Editor removes unwanted content from your recording or lets you crop the beginning and end of a programme. The Editor also enables you to create short clips from longer recordings and save the clips as new EyeTV recordings.
Enjoy with EyeTV – send recordings automatically to iTunes for playback on an iPhone or iPad, or enjoy on your big-screen television with Apple TV. You can even share your EyeTV recordings over a local network with other Macs. Elgato offers an optional EyeTV app to stream live or recorded TV to an iPhone or iPad (available on the App Store).
- Receives digital cable TV (DVB-C) and digital TV with an antenna; also receives analogue TV & FM radio
- Versatile, full-featured TV tuner stick for a wide variety of broadcast standards
- Capture video in standard definition from analog sources with composite/S-video output, such as a VCR or camcorder
- Watch, pause and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search the Program Guide using multiple criteria
- Record one programme or an entire TV series
- Edit out unwanted content and create clips from your recordings
- Export recordings to iTunes automatically for playback on an iPhone or iPad
- Stream live or recorded TV to an iPhone or iPad with the optional EyeTV app (available on the App Store)
- EyeTV 3 comes with a free one-year subscription to tvtv (where available in Europe) with optional renewal
Did you notice?EyeTV Hybrid receives FM radio as well as television. Letting you tune in, record your favourite radio programmes and then export them into iTunes to enjoy later on your iPod or iPhone.
Apple Recommends ForA versatile hybrid TV tuner stick that lets you view both digital and analogue television on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- EyeTV Hybrid TV receiver
- EyeTV 3 TV software for Mac (CD-ROM)
- THC TV software for Windows (CD-ROM)
- DVB-T rod aerial with tilt/swivel magnetic base and detachable suction cup
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- USB cable
- Video cable
- PDF product manual (CD-ROM)
- Quick Start Guide
- Other Features: TV Tuner
- Connections: USB 2.0,RCA Plug,S-Video,Composite
- Intel Core CPU, Mac OS X v.10.5.8 or later
- Mac PowerPC G4, Intel Core Duo processor or faster
- 1GB RAM
- USB 2.0
- Internet connection to download program guide data
- Windows 7, 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU
- UPC or EAN No.: 852095000874
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
- 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Analog TV recorded and processed by a software encoder; quality depends on processor performance
DVB-T reception can vary by location, and a rooftop aerial may be required in areas with a weak or obstructed DVB-T signal.
EyeTV Hybrid is intended for use in countries supporting the PAL or SECAM standard (including Europe & Australia) and in countries where digital terrestrial television is broadcast. Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK, and TNT in France.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will a program recorded or being viewed using Eyetv on my iMac stream to my Apple TV located in a separate room?
- Asked by Matthew G from Pearsall
You can click a button to export a recorded program to iTunes or if you're scheduling a recording, m You can click a button to export a recorded program to iTunes or if you're scheduling a recording, mark it for automatic export when the program has finished recording. The EyeTV software will do the conversion to .mp4 and then load it into iTunes automatically. When that's done, you should be able to play the file directly from your iTunes library on your AppleTV. I did this last night and it worked really well. The conversion process wasn't fast, Elgato sell a separate dongle to speed it up.
Some metadata from the DVB guide was included in the exported program so that it was recognisable within iTunes. …
- Answered by Ben G from Melbourne
Will this product allow me to watch Freeview HD channels?
- Asked by Minesh P
NG from Harlow is actually correct this product cannot receive Freeview HD (Terrestrial HD in the UK NG from Harlow is actually correct this product cannot receive Freeview HD (Terrestrial HD in the UK).
It can receive HDTV in many other european countries which use standard DVB-T for both HD and SD transmission, in the UK terrestrial HD is broadcast using the newer and more efficient DVB-T2 standard.
If you wish to watch/record HDTV you need to buy a satellite option until the DVB-T2 products become available. …
- Answered by Richard G from Manchester
can you plug a regular aerial lead into the imac ?
- Asked by Tiffany C
If by regular aerial lead you mean a coaxial cable then you can plug that into the eyetv hybrid whic If by regular aerial lead you mean a coaxial cable then you can plug that into the eyetv hybrid which then plugs into a USB socket on your mac. I use this system to use my iMac to watch Freeview digital channels, I don't have a regular tv.
However you talk about sky so I think you need a different elgato model for satellite tv …
- Answered by Daithi O
The Elgato EyeTV DTT stick can only receive one channel at the time. To receive two channels at the The Elgato EyeTV DTT stick can only receive one channel at the time. To receive two channels at the same time, or reinforce the signal of one channel, one needs the Elgato EyeTV Diversity stick. …
- Answered by Rita H
Will this product work in Beijing China and will I only be able to get Chinese stations or are there western stations available as well? Thanks.
- Asked by Russell O from West Leederville
It is basically an antenna and computer software and will only receive the same programmes as the te It is basically an antenna and computer software and will only receive the same programmes as the television sets in the local area Elgato is used in.
The reception signal must be strong, or Elgato can also be plugged into a rooftop antenna.
It appears to be designed for all countries. In the set up one chooses the country and the software tunes for the local frequencies. But the latest software must be used. …
- Answered by Rita H
Does this work in New Zealand? Any experience? Thx
- Asked by Donald S from Greenlane
I have the EyeTV DTT stick which is the one antenna version of the Diversity.
I live in the Welling I have the EyeTV DTT stick which is the one antenna version of the Diversity.
I live in the Wellington area and it works really well, so I assume the Diversity stick should work even better. If you have good analogue reception now with an indoor antenna only, the digital reception for the EyeTV should also be good as I assume that the digital transmitters are in the same places as the analogue ones. Maybe somebody else can comment on that. - But, yes, as a general comment, it works very well in New Zealand if you live in the right place. …
- Answered by Rita H