The MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter allows you to use the MagSafe connector on your LED Cinema Display, Thunderbolt Display, or MagSafe Power Adapter to charge your MagSafe 2-equipped Mac computer.
What's in the Box?
- Apple MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
- 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
- 27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
- Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter
- Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter
- MacBook Pro with Retina display
- MacBook Air with MagSafe 2 power port
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have a car charger from my old MacBook Air with the MagSafe1 plug, so this adapter should work with my new MagSafe2 Air & old car charger, right?
- Asked by Alan G from Montclair
- Answered by Ryan F from Larkspur
what do I need to use my Ipad through my tv
- Asked by Trudy H from Irvine
- Answered by Nicholas M from Niles
Can I use this MagSafe to charge my MacBook Pro with my MacBook Air charger?
- Asked by Megha P from San Jose
Yes and No. While the adaptor will fit, the MacBook Air charger doesn't supply enough power. It ma Yes and No. While the adaptor will fit, the MacBook Air charger doesn't supply enough power. It may work, but you'll have problems. Possibly that it won't fully charge or will take forever to charge. And when your battery is completely dead, you won't be able to run the laptop off power only. …
- Answered by Curt L from San Jose
Is it better to get the adapter or just buy a new Magsafe 2 power supply?
- Asked by Henry H from Palo Alto
My advice would be to buy one of these due to the extreme difference in cost. Use one of your old ch My advice would be to buy one of these due to the extreme difference in cost. Use one of your old chargers plugged in to your desk at home (or wherever you normally charge at home) with this adapter.
Save your new adapter for "mobile" use... take it with you when you travel.
I have my old, original magsafe adapter that came with my Jan 2006 macbook pro plugged in at my desk at home. It's lasted so long simply because it stays in that one location and never moves. So leave your old charger at home with the magsafe adapter since the old one is more likely to fail if you continue to use/abuse it (simply because it's older). …
- Answered by Steven E from Jericho
Is there either a 90 deg. MS2 power cord, or a 90 deg. MS1 to MS2 adapter (upward)? I am wanting to use my new MBAir with an "old" set of bookends.
- Asked by Wyatt F from Harvest
Can I use this mag safe converter with a thunderbolt 27 inch display and my new mac air?
- Asked by Oscar V from New York
Yes, you just attach the converter to the power cable from your Thunderbolt monitor. Then you will b Yes, you just attach the converter to the power cable from your Thunderbolt monitor. Then you will be able to connect your MacBook Air to your monitor. …
- Answered by Rao B from Springfield