Every Mac with a Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Use the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter to connect your Mac to a standard analogue monitor, projector, or LCD that uses a VGA connector or cable. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you're choosing the right adapter.
- Mini DisplayPort
- Compatible with Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Joseph W from Billingham
A note regarding the 13" MacBook Pro: You CAN use two Thunderbolt displays with the 13", same as the A note regarding the 13" MacBook Pro: You CAN use two Thunderbolt displays with the 13", same as the 15" and 17". The difference is that if you connect a second Thunderbolt display to the 13" then the internal display is automagically deactivated. The 15" and 17" will drive all three displays with no trouble. …
- Answered by Matthew S from Trumbull
how do I connect macbook pro to picopix PPx3414 to view my keynote presentation?
- Asked by Mary C
Cani connect my MacPro (mid 2010) to a new retina display and if so, how?
- Asked by Adam C
what cable do i use to connect my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina to an external monitor
- Asked by Joseph L from Winston Salem
Found this in support:
1. Can I connect a Mini DisplayPort monitor or monitor using a Mini Displa Found this in support:
1. Can I connect a Mini DisplayPort monitor or monitor using a Mini DisplayPort adapter to a Thunderbolt port on my Thunderbolt-equipped Mac?
Yes. A Mini DisplayPort display or a display connecting with a Mini DisplayPort to VGA, DVI, or HDMI adapter will work just like it was connecting to a Mini DisplayPort connector when plugging in directly to the Thunderbolt connector on your Apple computer. Click here for more information on Mini DisplayPort connections and adapters. …
- Answered by Lynne C from Edinburg
what cable do i use to connect my 2013 MacBook Pro Retina to an external monitor
- Asked by John O from The Woodlands