The Powerline AV 500 Mini Adapter Starter Kit from D-Link uses your home’s existing electrical wiring to extend your Internet connection, turning every power outlet into a high-speed network connection. This lets you access the Internet in rooms that are further away from your main router, boosting the performance of online gaming and making video calls a more seamless experience.
Compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, it provides network access to your computers, game consoles, televisions and any other Internet-enabled devices throughout your home. Its compact design allows the mini adapters to fit discreetly into your power outlet without blocking adjacent power sockets.
Data transfer rates of up to 500 Mbps are ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications, guaranteeing smooth HD video streaming, VoIP phone calls and lag-free online gaming experiences. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling you to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming. Additional Quality of Service (QoS) support prioritises multimedia traffic over other types of traffic on your network connection, ensuring faster transmission.
They also plug directly into a power outlet without the use of additional cables. Extend your home network by connecting multiple devices in the furthest corners of your home, or attach a switch or wireless access point to the adapter to connect even more devices.
During periods of inactivity a sleep mode reduces power usage by more than 70%.
- Expand your network where wireless signals cannot reach
- Up to 500 Mbps data streaming
- Plug and play
- Secure network sharing
- Compact design
- Fits discreetly into power outlets without blocking adjacent power sockets
- Automatic power saving mode saves energy and money
Did you notice?The handy sleep mode reduces power usage by more than 70%, saving energy and money.
Apple Recommends ForBoosting Internet in households with poor wireless coverage – and great for rooms far from the router.
What's in the Box?
- DHP-309AV (2 units)
- 2 x ethernet leads
- Height: 70 mm
- Width: 26 mm
- Weight: 110.7 g
- Length: 5270 mm
- UPC or EAN No.: 790069378034
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will these work with airport express to extend my network?
- Asked by Alun W
Yes they will indeed. Plug one in next to your router and connect it to your router using Ethernet. Yes they will indeed. Plug one in next to your router and connect it to your router using Ethernet. Then place the other plug in a remote location (must be on the same power supply). Connect your Airport Express to the remote plug and the Express will extend / create the wireless network in the remote location. …
- Answered by Daniel W
Will these work if plugged into an extension lead rather than the wall socket
- Asked by Kiernan M
No. Extension leads dilute and distort the signal so much that it would not be detectable by the sec No. Extension leads dilute and distort the signal so much that it would not be detectable by the second adapter. Better purchase would be one with a built in AC plug. …
- Answered by Christopher S