LaCie's Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.0 solid-state drive ensures that your projects aren't delayed by external drive/computer incompatibility. With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports, the Rugged is a perfect match for your Mac. And because USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, you can connect it to any standard computer on the planet. The Rugged is also fully bus-powered through the included USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables.
Get super-fast transfer speeds thanks to the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports. Thanks to its SSD design, the Rugged delivers up to 380 MB/s. That's nearly five times better than FireWire 800. Back up and transfer mountains of data in a fraction of the time. Experience noticeably more responsive photo library browsing.
All-points data protection
The Rugged is MIL-compliant for superior data protection from accidental drops up to 4 feet (1.2 meters). Whether it falls off your desk or out your jacket pocket, you can be confident that your data is still accessible. This SSD version goes a step further for the ultimate in resilience against vibration and shock. It's tough enough to be shipped for reliable delivery to clients or partners. Included software even protects your files from prying eyes with AES 256-bit encryption.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Universal connectivity with Thunderbolt and USB 3.0
- SSD SATA III (6 Gbit/s)
- Bus-powered for true portability
- Drop-resistant rugged design
- Time Machine compatible
- Thunderbolt cable included
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
Did you notice?Conveniently bus-powered, this drive also includes both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 cables.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your Mac's valuable data safe wherever you travel – no matter how difficult the conditions.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie SSD Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.0 Solid-State Drive
- Thunderbolt cable
- USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- OS X 10.5 or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000352
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053006068
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.