The digital version of Blue’s analog microphone, Spark Digital is a professional recording device for the iPad. Featuring the same studio-grade components as its analogue counterpart, Spark Digital gives a consistent performance across a wide range of sources, including vocals, drums, guitar, speech and location recording.
The Spark Digital also provides two different sound options in one mic allowing more versatility and freedom to experiment with different sonic signatures. For storing and sharing, Spark Digital includes an exclusive Cloud Production Bundle with free access to production tools for easy organising, storing and streaming of audio content across the web
This pack includes a 25 GB storage and transfer account for six months from Gobbler, a leader in music backup and organisation, along with a six-month Pro Account from SoundCloud. It also comes with a zero-latency headphone jack and a desk stand with built-in shockmount so you can quickly position the mic wherever you need it.
- Studio-grade condenser microphone for iPad
- Records vocals and instruments
- Lets you create podcasts and capture audio on location
- Works with GarageBand and hundreds of other great apps
- Headphone jack for zero-latency, real-time monitoring
- Controls on the mic allow instant changes to gain, mute and headphone volume
- Focus Control offers two sound signatures in one mic
- Comes with adjustable desk-stand with built-in shockmount
- Soft carrying pouch
Did you notice?The Spark Digital comes with an angle-adjustable desk stand with built-in shockmount that allows users to quickly position the mic without any additional stands or hardware.
Apple Recommends ForBoth novice and experienced sound recordists looking for a professional-quality microphone for their iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Spark Digital Condenser Microphone
- Y-Cable for 30-pin connector with headphone jack
- Y-Cable for USB with headphone jack
- Adjustable stand with built-in shockmount
- Soft carrying bag
- Frequency Response: 26 - 20,000 Hz
- Input Type: 30 Pin Dock, USB 2.0
- OS X 10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB
- Windows 7/Vista/XP
- 64 MB
- Mfr. Part Number: 830
- UPC or EAN No.: 836213000830
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service. The documentation and packaging for this product is in English.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone or a guitar, and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-off in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone’s recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume — solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally pre-recorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud
• Email songs straight from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-off in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is the mic ok for speaking on skype
- Asked by Elise F from New York
- Answered by Ben N from Oberon
How can I extend the cable length? What extension cable will work with this mic?
- Asked by Georgie A from Northcote
Yes, However it will degrade the quality dramatically. if you think of quality on a scale of 1-10 (1 Yes, However it will degrade the quality dramatically. if you think of quality on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) with every meter the cable is extended the quality goes down by 0.5-1 (depending on cable quality) eg. 2 meter extension quality drops for 10 to 8 …
- Answered by Ben N from Oberon
I just bought CrazyTalk 7 Pro and would like to buy a plug & play external microphone that will work with this software. Suggestions?
- Asked by Melanie S from Saint Louis
What is the best software for this mic?
- Asked by Rosario B from Bogota
Does this mic offer 24-bit resolution?
- Asked by Richard C from Perth
No, 16 bit only.
- Answered by Claude L from Valleyfield